Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

• 2 weeks later...
Btw I have no problems answering questions but as someone has pointed out it would be helpful if they looked at page 1 first because many answers are there.

Don't know if you can add this to Page 1, here is a Taxi Fare Calculator that might prevent many questions. It is in English allows you to choose currency.

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/copenhagen/copenhagen+airport/+admiral+hotel

I can't add anymore to the first thread but I will add it for the 2017 thread.

OK I thought perhaps you could 'edit' as the original poster.

Metro sounds great but with all our luggage and late arrival we think we'll take a taxi to hotel. We are looking at The Admiral and that's a 8 - 10 minute walk from Metro.

Just wanted to say thanks for the detailed guide to getting to / from Oceankaj by public transport. We sailed on Regal Princess departing Aug 19th, returning 30th (so am writing this still fighting jet-lag). Was surprised as to comparatively how few cruisers take advantage of this. We got off the ship at about 7:30 in the morning, waited 5 mins for the 27 bus (with only 4 passenger) and caught a train from Østerport Station to the airport. Took about 40 mins in total - all for DKK 36 each.

Oh - and spent 4 days in Copenhagen pre-cruise (hop over to Trip Advisor for my thoughts) - cool city!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a headsup for next years cruisers.

There are a few big conferences in Copenhagen during the cruise season next year that can affect the hotels prices.

There are about 16.000 hotels rooms in the greater Copenhagen so you can get an idea of availability.

From the 16th to the 22th of June there is 2 conferences with a total of 7000 people.

Affected ships are Zuiderdam, Disney Magic, MSC Magnifica, Costa Favolosa, MSC Fantasia and Norwegian Getaway.

So also some huge ships offloading and loading passengers and many of them would want a hotel room.

3rd to 9th of September with 2 conferences with 5250 attending. (the big one from the 6th)

Affected ships are Regal Princess, Costa Favolosa and Norwegian Getaway.

People planning a trip in 2018 should look out for these dates.

24th to 27th of May with one conference with 10.000 people.

17th to 18th of September with one conference with 5000 people.

Also the Icehockey World championships in 2018 with around 15-18 game days in the Royal Arena with 12.500 people for each day from the 4rd to 20th of May.

I started reading your post and finished it today.

We are starting to plan our pre-cruise stay the week of August 13, 2017 in Copenhagen and I am familiarizing myself with your city via your in valuable posts.

I am trying to find a nice hotel.. but am confused on the area to be in to be able to walk to most attractions you mentioned. How does being close to Nyhavn compare with city center?

My budget won't allow d'Angleterre, what other hotels just below that would you recommend?

We would like an included breakfast if possible.

Maybe someone on a past visit would have some thoughts also.

Thanking you in advance for your time!!

Scandic includes breakfast so there you have a few choices.

Scandic Front is located just behind Nyhavn so is very good located.

At the other end of Strøget at the city hall square you find the Scandic Palace.

Just 7-800 meters away from the downtown area (city hall square by the lakes you can find Scandic Copenhagen.

Scandic Sydhavnen next to Sydhavn S-train station is also a very good choice but its 2 stops away from the central station but must likely a little bit cheaper than the 3 other hotels.

But I can´t access their website now so I can´t double check it. :D

Danish Viking, thank you so much for your info on large conferences next summer and possible hotel room shortages. I was happy to see that our NCL Getaway cruise isn't on the affected dates, but I'm sure there are others who will be glad to know this so they can book their hotel rooms early. I saw on another thread that there is a Copenhagen Jazz Festival the week before our cruise, ending on July 16th. Is that event usually one that affects hotel room availability?

Seeing that you are from the bay area I can tell that Norwegian starts to fly twice weekly from Oakland to Copenhagen from the 28th of March.

That is if you isn´t already booked one of Scandinavian airlines daily departures from SFO. :D

And if you isn´t already have booked then I can tell that Norwegian uses the Boeing 787-8 aka the dreamliner.

SAS uses a little bit older Airbus A340-300 but the cabin is brand new and with Wifi.

You are exactly right! I researched both of those options for our flights from SFO. I actually wound up booking the lowest price for five of us on KLM, which is now using the Dreamliner as well, with our home flight on Air France. It was two hundred less than booking SAS, so I was willing to give up having a direct flight.

• 4 weeks later...

Danish Viking,

I'm asking for help with mini-van transportation. We are arriving by air, staying for 3 days, on a 12 day cruise, and then arriving back in Copenhagen to spend another 3 days. There are 5 of us traveling together. I saw on earlier posts that there are minivans available at the airport and at the cruise terminal. Please can you tell me if I can book them in advance? And if so, could you please tell me how to do so?

Thank you,

Cindy

• 4 weeks later...

Some stats and info for next years cruise season.

There is 322 cruise calls next years with 4 of them being christmas cruises.

Unlike the previuos years, CM Port will not use the freeport terminal so only Oceankaj, Langeliniekaj and Nordre Toldbod is in use and that will make it easier to find your ship.

JUst like any other years then all ships taking on new passengers will use Oceankaj and the smaller ships wiill use Nordre Toldbod closer to downtown Copenhagen.

Langelinie will just be used for visiting ships as it doesn´t have any terminals or other passenger facilities.

The main station for the busses to and from Oceankaj is Østerport but the ticket hall is closed for the next 2,5 years because of major renovation work on the 120 years old building.

The station will function as usual but the toilet facilities and the 7-Eleven kiosk will be closed.

But as the bus terminal is located at the other end of the platform it shouldn´t cause any problems for the cruise passengers.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've read every message hoping tio find the "perfect" hotel but I have to say that I still confused... :o

We will be at Copenhagen from Oct 5 to 7 before our cruise on the NCL Getaway.

We want to stay in city center and prefer to use the public transportation. If possible, close to restaurants. We would like to take the Hop on Hop off at first then visit around....

We like to take our breakfast at the hotel (don't like to search for a restaurant for breakfas...) so if it included, it's better....

We would like to take the train or bus from the airport to the hotel and we'll have 2 bagages and 2 hand bagages.

I'm not sure which part of the city is better as far as transportation, restaurants, etc... between Indre Vestarbro and Indre By (hope I wrote it proprely...).

So i make up a list of hotels which is almost the same price ( i think...), Absalon, Alexandra, Best Western Hebron, Best Western Hotel City, Mayfair, The Square and Tiffany. Some of them have the breakfast included.

I've look for the WakeUp Hotel Borgegade but the bed is really small...

Which one would you recommend ?

If you have another one in mind, don't hesitate.

Thank you so much for all the informations. we really appreciate

I've look for the WakeUp Hotel Borgegade but the bed is really small...

I don't know the dimensions of the beds at the Wakeup Borgegade compared to the beds at the other hotels you listed, but I will say I found the bed in our room last year to be no smaller than the queen-sized bed in our cabin on the HAL Eurodam. I can't sleep with my spouse in any bed smaller than a queen, and I slept well at the Wakeup Borgegade.

(If you like everything about the Wakeup Borgegade but the perceived size of the beds, you may want to email them and ask for the measurements. I had some questions before we booked and the staff answered them in a prompt and friendly manner.)