Silver Wind Refurbishment??

Herman The Cat

I think the Wind should be out of dry dock with its completed refurbishment if it's not already. Was wondering what they would be doing to the suites, as the Silversea website is a little vague in regard to the cabins. It seems like they won't be touching the bathrooms?

Looking forward to hearing about what they've done to the ship and cabins (or seeing photos) when one of the CC posters return. Thanks in advance!

From the Silversea website:

"The refurbishment programme extends to Silver Wind during her dry dock scheduled for October 2016. Once again, refurbishment of furniture and furnishings, technology upgrades that include interactive TVs and on demand movies complete the contemporary, yet understated levels of luxury in every suite. Additionally, the concept restaurant La Terrazza and the flagship Main Restaurant will both have new flooring bestowed upon them, enhancing the overall feel of gastronomic excellence delivered on board.

The pool deck will undergo a complete rip-and-replace approach to one of its aesthetic jewels, the exceptional teak flooring. This will reinstate the deck area as one of the most atmospheric aboard, more akin to a luxury yacht than a cruise ship, while reaffirming Silver Wind’s status as a timeless classic within the Silversea fleet."

The ship went into the yard at Mariotti on Oct 20 and is scheduled out 10 Nov. We board 15 Nov in Barcelona. Have commed with Daniel Ilias(HD) in mid Oct and he didn't mention anything about the staterooms, but I'm sure they'll do some work on soft goods, such as carpet, etc.

Doug, believe the Wind may come out of the shipyard o/a Nov 7th since the Wind will sail from Rome To Barca on 8 November. Have sent Daniel a Facebook message and hope to hear from him soon on status of refurb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doug, believe the Wind may come out of the shipyard o/a Nov 7th since the Wind will sail from Rome To Barca on 8 November. Have sent Daniel a Facebook message and hope to hear from him soon on status of refurb.

Was going to say the same!

I was told they are doing something in the bathrooms and also new multi media TVs. It was all very vague (which is strange as you'd have thought this is info they'd know what theyre spending their money on!

Looking forward to seeing some photos of what they've done.

Happy to share Wind refurb pix here when we board in about ten days..

Hi Wes,

Could you please let me know if the refurbishment they are planning for Shadow in January, 2017 is likely to be similar to the Wind? I know the Shadow's refurb is being done in Singapore so I'm not sure if that will make a difference. Just so if I look at the photos for Wind I might get a feel for what will be happening on Shadow.

We have booked to sail on Shadow in January 2018 and the Silversea Rep said she will definitely be redone by then.

Thanks,

Julie

We are 300+ days away , so she should have acquired some patina by then..

If I was to believe the SS rep at a recent function in au , the wind will resemble the muse in terms of fit out and facilities from this refit.

I smiled sweetly and changed the subject…...

Julie, glad to check with Wind leaders (Capt. Marco, HD Daniel) when on board for u.

Thanks Wes.

tgh I do understand what you are saying about exaggerated promises ;)

That's why I am interested in seeing what is done to Wind to keep my expectations to a reasonable level. :o

Julie

Happy to share Wind refurb pix here when we board in about ten days..

Many thanks Wes.

I'd also previously read the intentions was to change the livery of the suites to be the same style as the Muse will be. My consultant when asked didn't think it was likely and given such a small time frame it does seem highly unlikely. Hope it is done though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just hope they didn't change the furniture in our suite. We like the more traditional furniture rather than the stuff they have on the Spirit and the Muse. For my money they should lynch the interior decorator who did the Spirit.

I just hope they didn't change the furniture in our suite. We like the more traditional furniture rather than the stuff they have on the Spirit and the Muse. For my money they should lynch the interior decorator who did the Spirit.

Not knocking you personally, Dougburns, but I always find it interesting how much the interior decor seems to matter to cruisers. The main thing that interests me is the exterior decor, i.e. the ocean, other than that so long as there is furniture roughly where I want it that does roughly what I need it to do, I don't actually pay it any mind, or even particularly look at it. I've cruised many times on various SS ships and I couldn't tell you what the similarities/differences are between their decor. I note carefully the functional layout of each ship because that is useful, but what it looks like ... ??

Not knocking you personally, Dougburns, but I always find it interesting how much the interior decor seems to matter to cruisers. The main thing that interests me is the exterior decor, i.e. the ocean, other than that so long as there is furniture roughly where I want it that does roughly what I need it to do, I don't actually pay it any mind, or even particularly look at it. I've cruised many times on various SS ships and I couldn't tell you what the similarities/differences are between their decor. I note carefully the functional layout of each ship because that is useful, but what it looks like ... ??

I would think you are possibly in the minority there. I mostly agree in principle (ie that its the cruise itinerary and the ship itself that are the most important), but I would like and expect the rooms to be more than just functional. I was on Carnival Vista (taking the kids) in August. I liked the ship but not the cruise line. The rooms were ok, but very basic, but clean and probably what I might have expected. But on a SS ship, I would expect there to be more than just functionality.

I don't share Dougs personal preferences on the décor. I did think the current style in the Wind suites looked very 60s and welcome the change to the style of the Silver Muse. However, I do think Doug will be pleased as I'm fairly sure, the furnishings will be unchanged.

And no it wont spoil the experience if it stays the same. Wont be long now before she leaves dry dock. Really looking forward to see what they've done.

I, with 4 members of my family, board The Wind in December in Cape Town. I love the Wind..hope the changes are mostly just freshening her up. I sailed on a b2b last May and thought she looked like her cozy self. Of course my biggest concern is that Manfredi will retire her and the Cloud...let's ALL chant NO!

CruisinPashmina, believe you have to be a Facebook user, tho have pasted Richard Sitoy's link below. Once you are on Facebook go to the search facebook box at the top left and put Richard Sitoy (of go cruises with silversea cruises) to get his page to appear.

He has posted numerous wind pix and videos during the Wind drydock.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.sitoy?fref=ts