What time ashore in port?

pf778c

It's been almost ten years since I've cruised and am wondering how early I should arrange to meet operators in ports where I'm making private arrangements. I must be getting more fretful in my old(er) age, but I don't recall giving it much thought in the past, and never having a problem, but now want to ensure all goes smoothly. I'm using the earliest time Silversea is listing on each port's shore excursion list; that should be reasonable, no?

I'm also having a terrible time getting Silversea to share the location we will be docking/tendering at for each port. Is this new? I seem to recall that they used to provide detailed information in the final documents that included this along with contact information for the various port agents. I MUST be getting old!

Thanks,

Bechi

Thanks wripro, but I have one guide asking where we'll be coming ashore. There are two cruise ship docks in two separate locations, but I have a feeling that we might be tendering, and could be docking at a different location altogether. No reponse from Silversea. So I suppose I'll just let the operator know that I'll give them an update once I board. Assuming the crew has any idea what is planned that is! I'm starting to have doubts about today's "new and improved" Silversea.

Tryu googling "cruise port schedule +>>name of port<<

I've used this method before to work out exactly where we'll be and it often works.

Sometimes you need to read through the website as it might list cargo ships but say somewhere "All cruise ships dock at"

None of the online port schedule sites list Silversea in port that day, which is why I think we're tendering. I do think I've narrowed it down though, by interpolating two of the shore excursions that are ~30 minutes from the pier. It'll all work out in the end, but I do wish Silversea was a bit more forthcoming! Thanks MrsWaldo,

Bechi

Hi pf778c. Schedules can be tricky and can change at the discretion of the harbor authorities... Sometimes they (SS) don't know their docking location until the last minute. I usually get good results from web-based port achedules, but they are not perfect and changes do happen.

What specific port are you asking about? And which ship? Maybe some of us have been there and can help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by jpalbny

Thanks jpalbny. Roatan Island, Honduras on the Silver Wind. I'm pretty sure that we'll be tendering due to none of the online port calendars showing Wind scheduled for 12/07, and making some comparisons between the shore excursion descriptions and directions provided by Google maps, I'm inclined to think that the tender will be docking either at Mahogany Bay or the municipal dock next to it. It would be nice if Silversea would be a bit more forthcoming though; even if it's only to reply that the docking location is still TBD. Silence is not an acceptable reply to a query.

Yikes! Can't provide any experience with that port...and information is quite sparse.

This site here http://www.portofroatan.com/port-schedule.html shows Silver Wind at the Port in Town Center (not Mahogany Bay) on 12/7. There is another larger ship there as well that day. Not sure if two ships can berth simultaneously, or if the smaller one tenders, but it looks like you can say that you're at Town Center, as far as you can tell.

Thanks jpalbny. I'm more or less sorted. Operator thinks I'm most likely to arrive in one spot; I'm thinking another, but I have instructions to cover various scenarios and I'm determined to verify and confirm once onboard, so by the time I actually arrive all smoke and mirrors should have cleared. Seems like a nice port, and a morning ride taking in the sights through the jungle, mangroves, and beach followed by a few cold beers by the water and some meandering and half-hearted shopping should do quite nicely!