Future Booking Conundrum

Flatbush Flyer

Getting ready for an O cruise in a couple of weeks (early July). But, always considering future plans.

A recent price drop and current YWOS perks on a particular future O cruise, which MAY expire on June 30, are very attractive. But, "book onboard" also has appeal.

Anyone have experience and/or strategies for book now and still get "new" booking perks when setting sail about a week after the sale deadline?

Thanks!

book now, your ambassador will take care of you on board.

Our experience is that is true only if there is still availability in their cabin category by the time they get on board. We were tempted to do this one year but decided to book in advance to get our preferred category. On board, I checked with the Ambassador and she agreed that since the cruise was now wait listed, there would be nothing she could do to help.

If there is no availability on board, then you couldn't book anyway..Duh

To be clear, my original question was related to getting "book onboard" perks for a future cruise booking made just before the cruise where you'll be on board.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

To be clear, my original question was related to getting "book onboard" perks for a future cruise booking made just before the cruise where you'll be on board.

Book it now and I was told that the Ambassador would take care of the rest. Same situation.

• 4 weeks later...
Book it now and I was told that the Ambassador would take care of the rest. Same situation.

Followup: we connected with the onboard ambassador and did get an additional adjustment based on current pricing. Ultimately saved us another $100/person.

book now, your ambassador will take care of you on board.

As do we!!! We have a "pretend booking" on file so I can move it to a '17 fall TA..when do you think they will have those dates available...and will you two be on it? Hope so as we want to sail with you all again!!! :eek::rolleyes::o LuAnn

Edited by LuAnn