Sparkling water

hermioneb

Many apologies if this has been discussed before, but I have searched and can't find the answer! Is sparkling water, such as Perrier, San Pellegrino etc., available in the restaurants and bars, and also in the cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many apologies if this has been discussed before, but I have searched and can't find the answer! Is sparkling water, such as Perrier, San Pellegrino etc., available in the restaurants and bars, and also in the cabin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those brands were not stocked in the stateroom refrigerator. A perfectly satisfactory brand of club soda was provided in cans. Sparkling water is poured free of charge in all the restaurants. It is poured from a large bottle by the waiter or assistant. It is not left on the table for your exclusive use. Again, the brand is none of the familiar heavily promoted international brands. Whether those brands are even on the ship is a question I can't answer.

Hi

If you want sparkling water in your stateroom,just ask your steward. It will be left for you each day,more if you prefer.

It's not I brand name,but perfectly acceptable .

Enjoy your cruise

Josie

You can ask for San Pellegrino by name in all of the restaurants. If you simply ask for sparkling water you will get a different brand (which was unfamiliar to me).

I only found this out by watching other diners so you've chosen a good question to ask! :). It isn't widely "advertised".

You can ask for San Pellegrino by name in all of the restaurants. If you simply ask for sparkling water you will get a different brand (which was unfamiliar to me).

I only found this out by watching other diners so you've chosen a good question to ask! :). It isn't widely "advertised".

Very true.

If you like your sparkling water really sparkling, then ask for the brand name (Pellegrino or Perrier) as the generic large bottle is often flat for being open for some time (and being less sparkling to start with).

Very true.

If you like your sparkling water really sparkling, then ask for the brand name (Pellegrino or Perrier) as the generic large bottle is often flat for being open for some time (and being less sparkling to start with).

As with most things having to do with food and drink, the French and the Italians have very strict rules. For your amusement, here are the rules about San Pellegrino and Perrier.

The Italians consider San Pellegrino too sparkling to be the proper accompaniment with a meal, preferring a flatter style like San Benedetto. In France, the meal - approved water is Badoit. Both of those drinks get the national nod of approval for drinking unaccompanied by food.

Of course, Italy is the country with the no cheese with fish or shellfish pasta rule too. Eating at Toscana, when my husband and I ordered Lobster Fra Diavalo and our waiter from Italy asked if we wanted Parmesan cheese on our food, we basically said, " Michel, you're Italian! What's with that question?" He got a very sheepish look on his face and said all the waiters were required to offer cheese regardless of the rules of Italian food.