2015 visa information

lovetocruise16

Does anyone have current visa information for cruise passengers entering Luxor, Aqaba, and Oman? Are visas required or does an official come onboard to issue a blanket visa for the ship's excursions? I am getting mixed information. Has anyone recent experience with these ports? Many thanks!

Does anyone have current visa information for cruise passengers entering Luxor, Aqaba, and Oman? Are visas required or does an official come onboard to issue a blanket visa for the ship's excursions? I am getting mixed information. Has anyone recent experience with these ports? Many thanks!

Some of that may depend on the passport you hold. For Aqaba, Jordan and Oman, as a Canadian passport holder, I don't need any visa.

Some of that may depend on the passport you hold. For Aqaba (Jordan) and Oman, as a Canadian passport holder, I don't need any visa.

Oman - it seems we Canadians and Americans get that on arrival. "Citizens of countries listed in the following table can get a tourist visa upon arrival at the airport." http://*******.com/pgzl377

However, Oceania only told us of two visas for our Grand Voyage from Barcelona to Singapore. India and Myanmar. For Myanmar, we have to bring passport photos.

Anyone with first hand experience? Recent experience? UAE, for example just lifted their visa requirements for Canadians in 2013.

If you are American -- From the CIBT web site -- presumably you will purchase Visas on board from Oceania for those that are needed. Typically India and Brazil are the ones you typically need in advance. Others may be done by O for a fee and others are gratis. For Egypt and Jordan you are granted a gratis transit visa. You should check your Oceania Invoice. It lists all of the visas you will need.

http://cibtvisas.com/tourkits?bookmark=1&login=oceania

Oceania Cruises Prepaid is pleased to offer its customers the expertise and experience of CIBTvisas. Please see below for important information that may relate to your tour.

Visas on arrival : For U.S Citizens, it is not necessary to complete visa applications through CIBTvisas for the following destinations since Oceania Cruises Prepaid will be obtaining these visas on your behalf:

Myanmar, Mozambique*, Kenya, Tanzania, Indonesia, UAE, Turkey, Bahrain, Egypt, Vietnam, Cambodia, Jordan, Oman, Papua New Guinea and Qatar. If a fee is required to obtain these visas, it will be charged to your onboard account. *Mozambique visa is required if you are doing an overland tour.

Russia Visa: [/b]Guests participating in the cruise line shore excursions and or cruise line private car/van arrangements will be covered by a blanket visa. Guests intending to explore Russia on their own should secure their visa before leaving home by downloading a Russia visa kit. CIBT visas will obtain the Russia Invite for the traveler if needed.

Edited by PaulMCO

Russia Visa: [/b]Guests participating in the cruise line shore excursions and or cruise line private car/van arrangements will be covered by a blanket visa. Guests intending to explore Russia on their own should secure their visa before leaving home by downloading a Russia visa kit. CIBT visas will obtain the Russia Invite for the traveler if needed.

Thanks. Just to emphasis about the rules for Russia. A couple of years ago we took a private port tour in St. Petersburg and the tour company organized special visas. We had to give the company our passport numbers and it was all arranged. We used SPB Tours, but I believe other companies do it too.

We didn't use one of these groups when we were in St. Petersburg in May '01 (but none of them existed back then, I think -- we had to get our own visas). But I know from many posts here that many of these groups provide "group visas" -- as does Oceania.

We did the same with our tours in 2012 through the Black Sea. We didn't need to get our own visas but we did provide passport information to the tour operators.

Mura

We are going to China next year, starting in Beijing. Since the cruise starts there, we are going in three days early to thoroughly site see Beijing. We will need a visa there to do so. If believe if one merely passes through the airport, to embark on the ship, a visa is not required. I would question O on the exact requirements. In Hong Kong, a visa for a day visit for Americans from the ship is not required.

We are going to China next year, starting in Beijing. Since the cruise starts there, we are going in three days early to thoroughly site see Beijing. We will need a visa there to do so. If believe if one merely passes through the airport, to embark on the ship, a visa is not required. I would question O on the exact requirements. In Hong Kong, a visa for a day visit for Americans from the ship is not required.

We flew into Shanghai, spent a few days in Hangzhou and Beijing before our cruise. We needed to get a visa ahead of time.

I would look at the Chinese embassy site for your country to see. Here's the US: http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/

Canada: http://ca.china-embassy.org/eng/lsyw/gzrz/

In Toronto, the Chinese government has contracted out the work to a very efficient and friendly agency.

I would not rely on the cruise line for this information, especially since you are going in early. (A good idea! We enjoyed Beijing.)

For US Residents a visa to China is required even to embark or disembark the ship. This visa needs to be gotten by the passenger either directly with a Chinese Consulate or thru a visa service. The cruise line cannot and will not get the visa for you.

As to Hong Kong, no visa is required for US residents for a day or week or any reasonable tourist stay.

I was specifically answering the OP as their cruise is IST to Dubai.

As I stated your O invoice states what Visa's are required.

You can also check the CIBT site -- they update the list regularly. Cruises start appearing on the site about 4-5 months out.

I was specifically answering the OP as their cruise is IST to Dubai.

As I stated your O invoice states what Visa's are required.

You can also check the CIBT site -- they update the list regularly. Cruises start appearing on the site about 4-5 months out.

You can also check various consulate websites. That's the first place I check when asking this question.

Mura