Dinner in the Cabin

Pet

We are undertaking our first Oceania cruise on the Marina next month and have read elsewhere on this site that it is possible to eat dinner in your suite (PH3), or presumably on your balcony, rather than in the speciality restaurant or MDR. If we choose that option would all the courses we select be delivered at the same time (in other words would we need to eat quickly in order to ensure our dessert hadn't melted by the time we get to it) or is each course provided on completion of the previous as in the restaurant's?

Grateful for clarification.:)

I think you can, just inform your Butler how you wish to have dinner served. We were in the "O" suite and Owners suite. Give them as much notice as you can and the dinner should be done the way you want it.

Sometimes we wanted full dinner, anmd other times (as the cruise goes on) just a burger or sandwich...............

Rick

We are undertaking our first Oceania cruise on the Marina next month and have read elsewhere on this site that it is possible to eat dinner in your suite (PH3), or presumably on your balcony, rather than in the speciality restaurant or MDR. If we choose that option would all the courses we select be delivered at the same time (in other words would we need to eat quickly in order to ensure our dessert hadn't melted by the time we get to it) or is each course provided on completion of the previous as in the restaurant's?

Grateful for clarification.:)

In a Penthouse, food service is handled by the Butler, if you prefer to have your Dinner served course by course, he will stage the meal from his Pantry in the corridor.

Please be aware that many passengers prefer to serve themselves from a sideboard in the interest of privacy, so if you want it course by course, be sure to make that fact plain to your Butler.

Unfortunately, unless you have secured one of the extended Veranda Penthouses on Deck 7 (7128-7135), there won't be room on your balcony to serve a sit down dinner al' fresco.

Edited by StanandJim

No need to worry.....It's all done course by course unless you specify otherwise. It does help if you give your Butler as much notice as possible :)

I am confused by this thread. When I read the O website (yes, this is our first O cruise so we are newbies), it said that course by course dining was available for the Suites only (Vista, Owners, etc.). the PH's were not included on the O website. I wouldn't expect course by course dining in a PH.

In the larger suites it could work out well with more space but I would think that the PH does not lend itself well to course by course dining?

In the larger suites it could work out well with more space but I would think that the PH does not lend itself well to course by course dining?

It may not be but it is available to those in PH cabins

PH category is considered a Suite

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/suites-staterooms/penthouse-suite/

Below those are Staterooms

Edited by LHT28

I know that in suite dining is available in the PH on O class ships (Marina/Riviera).

I am not 100% sure if this applies to PH on R ships as well but it probably does.

I know that in suite dining is available in the PH on O class ships (Marina/Riviera).

I am not 100% sure if this applies to PH on R ships as well but it probably does.

I believe it does on the R ships & read it is more comfortable ;)

I probably will never experience it for myself either

Someone will comment

ok, I know that PH is considered a suite but I was referring to this on the O website https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/dining/room-service

In-Suite Dining

Guests staying in Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites may ring their Butler to enjoy course-by-course in suite dining.

I am confused by this thread. When I read the O website (yes, this is our first O cruise so we are newbies), it said that course by course dining was available for the Suites only (Vista, Owners, etc.). the PH's were not included on the O website. I wouldn't expect course by course dining in a PH.

You are completely wrong about Course by Course Dining not showing as a Penthouse amenity on the Oceania Website. This is a screen shot of the Penthouse Page for the Insignia, I would draw your attention to the first item under Butler Services:

144425.jpg

ORV, Not quite sure where you're coming from. We usually cruise Regent or SS and have always enjoyed having a butler. For various reasons we are taking an O cruise on Nautica in a PH3 suite. One of the first things I did was see what services were offered by the butler. While we only use the butler to serve breakfast (included), it was nice to see we could have dinner if desired.

ok, I know that PH is considered a suite but I was referring to this on the O website https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/dining/room-service

In-Suite Dining

Guests staying in Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites may ring their Butler to enjoy course-by-course in suite dining.

You are confusing room service with getting food from the other dining venues

It also states it is available 24/7 which the Specialty Restaurants are not

Edited by LHT28

So are you saying that page is showing that those in the 3 upper suites can get Room Service(anytime of day) served course by course by their butler? But the PH levels can't? If so then that's different.

Edited by ORV

ok, I'm still learning. But from a logical point of view if room service is only available to the upper suites for course by course dining, one would think the same rule would apply for ordering from the specialty restaurants.

No worries on my part - I couldn't even find the ordering from specialty restaurants for in room dining on the O site and wouldn't have known if I wasn't reading this very helpful board. Course by course is not a biggie with me unless I have the suite to go with it (dining room table).

smooth seas :)

Yes, all well and good, but the Oceania webpage they link to does show exactly what they said. It's more a matter of the website not being in agreement between pages, which should be addressed. Perhaps someone could bring that to the attention of Mike Moore.

FWIW, I think Kazu was asking, not telling. Someone new to Oceania can only know what the website tells them, or they learn from asking here. Yes, the case could be made that they should have made the effort to look at every page on the website that mentions PH, but only a jack@ss would say that.

thank you. It was an ask and a question. I wasn't trying to cause an issue. apologies if I did.

So are you saying that page is showing that those in the 3 upper suites can get Room Service(anytime of day) served course by course by their butler? But the PH levels can't? If so then that's different.

I am not saying anything

The link posted was for ROOM SERVICE not the the In Suite dining, when most people order from the specialties

I am sure if those in suites wanted room service at 3 am the butler will deliver it not the room service waiters & possibly serve it course by course if asked

Maybe they have a small staff of Butlers so maybe PH are not included for course by course dining from ROOM SERVICE

I am sure someone who has experienced it will comment

Next time you are in a PH just ask for the ROOM SERVICE meal to be served course by course ;)

Anyone can get room service 24/7 but that is not served course by course and it is a more limited menu.

Dinner from the specialty restaurants can be ordered course by course in the top suites, but that's a different thing entirely. And that is only available during dinner hours.

ok, I'm still learning. But from a logical point of view if room service is only available to the upper suites for course by course dining, one would think the same rule would apply for ordering from the specialty restaurants.

No worries on my part - I couldn't even find the ordering from specialty restaurants for in room dining on the O site and wouldn't have known if I wasn't reading this very helpful board. Course by course is not a biggie with me unless I have the suite to go with it (dining room table).

No worries your Butler will explain it all to you

Just look at the menus for the Specialties you will be able to order anything & have it served to you

Example of menu on right side link

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/dining/toscana/

The ROOM SERVICE menu is a different menu from the Specialty restaurants

An earlier post asked about comfort dining ensuite on the R ships in a PH. We actually prefer that to the O ships as the square chairs at the end of the bed in Marina/Riviera PH are quite low to the ground and more difficult to access when the floor length tablecloth has been put on the table. The chairs on the R ships are very comfortable and more the height of a normal dining chair.

No worries your Butler will explain it all to you

Just look at the menus for the Specialties you will be able to order anything & have it served to you

Example of menu on right side link

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/dining/toscana/

The ROOM SERVICE menu is a different menu from the Specialty restaurants

thanks for the link, but the specialty dining menus were studied a long, long time ago ;)

thanks for the confirmation :) I was really trying to open up a can of worms or seals:p

Kazu, we had course by course service from the specialties in a PH on the Marina. The size of the table did not interfere with our dining pleasure nor excellent service from our butler. Go and enjoy :)

Edited by PirateShark

Kazu, we had course by course service from the specialties in a PH on the Marina. The size of the table did not interfere with our dining pleasure nor excellent service from our butler. Go and enjoy :)

thanks so much. we'll take it in stride when we are onboard.

Much appreciated :)