Deck 6/Deck 7 aft cabins R Class

2552phxcrzr

Looking to book another short cruise on R class ships before we do the 2017 world cruise. I really like aft-facing cabins. Doesn't matter that they are metal bulkhead and not glass. Wondering if there is a difference in the size of the verandas from one deck to another. Any insight would be appreciated.

Deck 6 has the longest verandas, deck 7 a bit shorter and deck 8 the shortest. All 3 are longer than the typical verandas but are the same width.

Stan and Jim will probably post a photo showing how the tapering of the aft affects these verandas.

Deck 6 has the longest verandas, deck 7 a bit shorter and deck 8 the shortest. All 3 are longer than the typical verandas but are the same width.

Stan and Jim will probably post a photo showing how the tapering of the aft affects these verandas.

The downside is that the further down you are, the less privacy you have (from above).

When we were in the deck 8 aft cabin, I'm sure all I could see was the heads of the people on 6&7 when they looked out over the edge. I couldn't see inside the balcony...the whole back of the ship slopes...it's not like the balcony on 7 PROJECTS out more than 8, and 6 projects out more than 7. THAT would let you see the inside of the balcony.

We are in an aft on 6 next cruise, and I am thrilled to have all the extra DEPTH to the balcony.

I know Stan and Jim have a photo, have seen it. Also if you put the cabin number in search, you'll read (mostly) rave reviews!

Thanks, I believe Stan and Jim shared a photo when I asked about the aft 6 cabins ... which we have booked on Nautica for our September cruise. At the time, the deck 7-8 cabins were not available, so I didn't think to ask for comparisons. We'd like to get another Oceania cruise in next year, so I wanted to be prepared with some information.

I'd rather have cabins above me even if people can see us when we stand at the railing. Will probably steer clear of deck 8 as I am concerned about having a popular public space above us. I'm willing to be swayed though as there are so few of these aft cabins on the R class ships.

Unsure if you were asking about the Owner's Suites, but we booked and stayed on deck 6 OS aboard Nautica because it had more balcony space than the two decks above us.

I wish ... that's a bit above our budget, but thanks for the info anyway. (I should have been more specific ... apologies.)

Dave, I'm puzzled.

If Deck 8 has PH suites how is it possible that they have the shortest verandas? Are you talking depth or length?

We are talking about "R" ships, right??

Mura

He is talking about the length of the verandas from the outer cabin door to the railing. The width of every veranda, either for a Penthouse or for a standard cabin, is identical to any other in its' class.

125316.jpg

As can be seen by this photograph, the lowest decks (starting with deck 6) have the deepest verandas, and in the case of those center cabins, each deck higher is about 12 square feet smaller than the one below

Edited by StanandJim

He is talking about the length of the verandas from the outer cabin door to the railing. The width of every veranda, either for a Penthouse or for a standard cabin, is identical to any other in its' class.

125316.jpg

As can be seen by this photograph, the lowest decks (starting with deck 6) have the deepest verandas, and in the case of those center cabins, each deck higher is about 12 square feet smaller than the one below

Thanks Stan and Jim

Dave, I'm puzzled.

If Deck 8 has PH suites how is it possible that they have the shortest verandas? Are you talking depth or length?

We are talking about "R" ships, right??

Mura

Maur,

They are speaking about the OS and the two small cabins between the two OS not the PH.

Got it. I found it very puzzling to say the least. We were in a Deck 8 OS on Regatta once upon a time (what a lovely upsell THAT was) and at the time it was the largest veranda I'd ever seen. We had breakfast out there most mornings.

Mura

For our last 2 Alaska cruises we were in 6090. We loved it. You may be viewed from above when you venture out to the end of the balcony but you do have privacy under the overhang. I personally would book the deck 6 cabin before the 7 or 8 (more expensive). I would book again in a heartbeat.