would be Chefs

LHT28

Widely recognized for its groundbreaking culinary enrichment experiences both aboard its ships and ashore, Oceania Cruises is expanding its epicurean exploration with a collection of multiday pre-, post- and mid-cruise land tours aptly called Culinary Creations Land Tours. Available starting in spring 2016, the new Culinary Creations Land Tours will be offered in Rome, Barcelona, Provence (Monte Carlo), Tuscany (Rome/Civitavecchia), Greece (Athens), London and Argentina (Buenos Aires) during select sailings aboard Nautica, Marina, Riviera and the newest ship in the Oceania Cruises fleet, Sirena.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2015/Oceania+Cruises+Announces+2016+Culinary+Creations+Land+Tours/

Edited by LHT28

That sounds most interesting, Lyn. I'm trying to figure out if they want all passengers to be interested in these events or if they just assume that only a small percentage will want to take part. I would think the latter ... Where I would be most interested in one of these cruises, I know that my husband would NOT be. (Unless he could partake of the results.)

Mura

This is exciting news! Thanks for sharing. Great for the small ship Nautical that does not have a culinary center aboard. We have done the culinary tours and they have been excellent, and for the only time I can say about Oceania tours, well worth their cost! I can only imagine what these will be like.

Rome/Civitavecchia will be surprised to find itself in Tuscany; both the transfer to Rome and subsequent rapido train to Florence will take up most of a day--and /or vice versa.

Rome/Civitavecchia will be surprised to find itself in Tuscany; both the transfer to Rome and subsequent rapido train to Florence will take up most of a day--and /or vice versa.

I am guessing they are post/pre cruise tours they might fly you to Florence then take the train to meet the ship a few days later

On are last cruise from Rome we found a great cooking school in Rome online. It was a full day and lot's of fun. Total size was 8 people and was 7 hours. Cost was about $100USD pp, and that included a very late lunch as you ate what you cooked, with wine.

If you google it, I think you'd find classes in every big city.

Rick

I believe that Oceania sensed the fact that many of us have, on our own booked culinary experiences in stead of taking tourist tours. We have in Vietnam, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Chile, Lyons France, Hungary, Australia and New Zealand and soon in China. They all made our trips wonderful and the hands on learning lots of fun. Visiting the food markets helped us get local packaged ingredients that were difficult or expensive here in the States. So the marketing will attract business to Oceania for a more serious group of people that like to cook.

I don't know, we enjoy the classes on the ship. However we did one in Venice that was "O"'s and it was off ship---it wasn't good at all and cost about 3 times what we could have done finding it our self (like we did in Rome).

Rick

I don't know, we enjoy the classes on the ship. However we did one in Venice that was "O"'s and it was off ship---it wasn't good at all and cost about 3 times what we could have done finding it our self (like we did in Rome).

Rick

We only did one with Oceania when we were in New Zealand. It was okay but not hands on. We made the best of it. You realize Venice is beautiful but...

The schools we did everywhere else ranged from good to excellent. None however compared with a baking courses we took in NYS at the CIA or the Annual Kneading Conference and the Stone Turtle Wood-fired Oven School in Maine.

Like hotels and transfers, anything you book through he cruise line will be way more expensive than you can find on your own.

One would expect a higher quality or uniqueness for the premium price point the cruise line offers on those services. Which is really a commission for organizing the tour/experience/class. Some programs are worth it for the convenience of not having to do the research. No point in complaining, there is a market for it. So we have to be informed consumers.