My windstar

jumelle

I would just give them a call. As one who has implemented new websites, there is always something that is unexpected and out of ones control. If you're frustrated think of how it must be for them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just spoke to my TA. He was told that they are revamping their reservation system. Website says it could take up to 21 days. All existing reservations will get new booking numbers. Their reservation system was out of date. Most cruise lines have websites that allow you to book a cruise online. Also, it would be nice if you could see which cabins are available to be booked. Hope that the new system is user friendly.

My booking this week was on the new system and was pretty seamless. They have a challenge getting all of the existing ones over which is probably taking longer than estimated. I've made a career of managing software changes and it's never easy. But I've called them twice about an existing reservation for this month and they were able to book hotel and tour with no problem. Believe me, they are more anxious than we are to get it back up and running.

MyWindstar was supposed to be available Oct 28. Later in the day on Oct 28, the page was changed to say Nov 4.

I am not holding my breath.

sb44, I hope your booking on the new system goes better than ours did two weeks ago. I was told we were one of the first bookings on the new system. We booked on Thursday for a specific cabin. Then we got an email with a in invoice followed by another email with an invoice that showed the deposit was paid with a credit card and then the charge was reversed. However, the credit card number wasn't ours. Neither invoice had the cabin number.

Concerned, we called and they told us there was no problem, we definitely had the cabin we booked and the deposit had been paid.

The next day, our travel agent found out that we were in a different cabin. Someone else had the cabin we originally booked so we couldn't have it.

Windstar hasn't told us why we lost the cabin. I suspect it is because they hadn't moved bookings over from the old system yet and sold us a cabin that was already booked. They did give us some OBC to make up for the change.

As I said, nothing goes quite as planned moving systems. We had a hiccup with the suite number but it was fixed immediately after I spotted the error. The system picked up the number from our previous sailing and I wanted to be elsewhere. They sent a revised receipt within minutes of my call. If you're still unhappy with your cabin location call them again after the conversion is finished. They may be able to accommodate your initial request.

It's available in that it is possible to create an account, but it doesn't show our booking. When I called, they said it was still in maintenance and that we would be sent an email when the site is functional.

I find it kind of hard to believe that they would have put it on line if it was still in maintenance.

It's a bit buggy. My bookings are duplicates and error out when I try to drill down. But it looks like they're getting closer. As they told new cruiser, they will most likely notify everyone when it's officially up.

They sent a revised receipt within minutes of my call. If you're still unhappy with your cabin location call them again after the conversion is finished. They may be able to accommodate your initial request.

They assure us that the cabin is booked to someone else. When we were looking at the alternative cabins, very few veranda cabins were available, which surprises me a bit for a cruise in April. I wonder if some are being held for a tour operator and might be released later.

We are happy enough with the cabin location plus cruise credit. We were a bit concerned that the cabin might be noisier since it is across the hall from the forward elevator and stairway and perhaps next to a supply closet (there is a gap between cabin 311 and 313). But our travel agent says she was in the cabin across the hall on a cruise and it was fine.

Edited by new_cruiser

Logged onto My Windstar without any problem. All my info is there except my 2 upcoming cruises. Personal history and history are all correct. However, it states that I have no future reservations. Before the website was being worked on, my future bookings were there. I got a new invoice from my TA with new booking number. My Windstar still states that I have NO reservations. Has anyone else had this experience?

It's just not there yet! My previous sailings are not there (or weren't last night), my sailing later this month is listed twice (cabin changed) and there was one listed that is not mine but when I click on it, it disappears. It's still a work in progress. I was able to print an entire list of excursions for the Aruba sailing but only the first page will print on a June sailing. So patience is needed. We can just watch political ads in the meantime![emoji23]

Edited by sb44

I was able to book my excursions for upcoming cruise. Did not see my airport transfers though although they are paid for. Can you now book a cruise and see cabin availability on website. It still shows only phone number to call.

My TA spoke to Windstar. Website will be under construction for several days. It could be months. Even though the Windstar website was outdated and slow, being able to view my reservations gave me a bit of reassurance that my reservation was ok. Many years ago, I had a problem with a Celebrity booking that got lost without my knowing it. Several months later, the TA tried to book that cruise again. It was a real mess. I never did get to take that cruise.

After getting my new booking number from my TA, our July cruise still wasn't knowing my My Windstar, so I gave them a call this morning.

The agent said that they've only linked itins through mid-April and that they're working forward. Our cruise is in the system and linked to my account, and she said it should show in a month or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking for examples of who's seeing newly made bookings show up on MyWindstar.

I now have the one previously booked itin that isn't showing but the one my TA booked for me a few days ago also isn't showing.

If the issue was with getting the backlog of old bookings reloaded I'd have expected that new ones would show up as soon as the booking was completed.

• 3 weeks later...

Still nothing on my windstar. I called Windstar and was told that the new system could take months to work. Sounds strange to me. Booking #s have changed to a new system #. Even with the new booking #, I can log into My Windstar, see my history, and cannot see future bookings. Frustrating and not at all confident about the new system. If this were my first time booking on Windstar, I probably would have cancelled by now. Hope to see some progress soon.