The "little things" are adding up.

We have cruised 50 times and always book an inside cabin except for our first 4 cruises and some upgrades to outside cabins. We cruised 4 times in 2016 and we are able to do this by finding cruises with the best deals. We stay mainly in the Caribbean but have cruised to Bermuda, Mexican Riviera, Alaska and Europe twice. For us the ship is the destination as we get off about an hour in each port in the Caribbean, sometimes not at all.

Cruised RCCL for the first time last May and we have a great deal on the Rhapsody in Feb, after the first cruise with RCCL I did notice that RCCL is a bottom line outfit, you pay more for everything aboard ship than other mainstream cruise lines and not much is given out, can't even get some peanuts when having a drink. Gratuities are higher also, I can see were Carole is coming from but I will say a suite is a waste of money and would never ever think of booking one but I won't begrudge her.

Edited by MISTER 67

10x the going rate on mainstream lines might bring better perks & amenities on luxury lines like Regent, etc.

You know, keeping levels of service even from year to year appears to be unsustainable. Bean counters look to cut service rather than raise prices to maintain service levels.

If cruise lines could just run deficits, like governments, then we could see service levels stay static. ;-)

The OP gets no pity from me for two reasons.

1. The arrogance is incredible. He/She has no idea what I pay, you pay, or anyone pays for their cruise vacation(s). To state he/she pays 10x's more than others is crapola.

2. If the OP dropped $30K on a vacation without doing the research he/she deserve what they get.

A fool and their money soon depart.

^^^This

Mister 67- The last few times times I cruised RC, some bars had snackies (like peanuts), if you requested them. Especially in the Crown Bar. I'm sad that Harmony doesn't have a crown bar, but I'll get over it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by vacationlover_mn

Mister 67- The last few times times I cruised RC, some bars had snackies (like peanuts), if you requested them. Especially in the Crown Bar. I'm sad that Harmony doesn't have a crown bar, but I'll get over it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good to know, the Freedom had none last May.

The OP gets no pity from me for two reasons.

1. The arrogance is incredible. He/She has no idea what I pay, you pay, or anyone pays for their cruise vacation(s). To state he/she pays 10x's more than others is crapola.

2. If the OP dropped $30K on a vacation without doing the research he/she deserve what they get.

A fool and their money soon depart.

^^^This

Arrogant? I don't think so. She is simply stating how she feels and what is going on on her cruise. We have all known that the perks keep disappearing.

How do you know what she exactly paid? Considering what some of the inside cabins go for this may very well be true. It also depends on when you book. Not everyone has the time to sit and watch the prices/specials.

We don't know how much research she did or didn't do. As she states and most of us know it is true, that Royal still lists perks on their website which are no longer available. Just because you think what you think it doesn't mean your opinion is right. Maybe she booked this year's ago when certain perks were included and now Royal has taken them away. It has happened more times than not. I would be upset also.

To call her a fool is downright rude. I come across people who are jealous of others because of their status/income often. Doesn't look good on the jealous person. More power to them for having the money to spend on luxuries like that.

We don't know what suite she is in, how many people are in the suite, how many drink packages she paid for and I could go on and on. I can't say if you are jealous or not because I don't know you, but to me you sound like it. Dont begrudge others. JMO

Edited by ReneeFLL

Arrogant? I don't think so. She is simply stating how she feels and what is going on on her cruise. We have all known that the perks keep disappearing.

How do you know what she exactly paid? Considering what some of the inside cabins go for this may very well be true. It also depends on when you book. Not everyone has the time to sit and watch the prices/specials.

We don't know how much research she did or didn't do. As she states and most of us know it is true, that Royal still lists perks on their website which are no longer available. Just because you think what you think it doesn't mean your opinion is right. Maybe she booked this year's ago when certain perks were included and now Royal has taken them away. It has happened more times than not. I would be upset also.

To call her a fool is downright rude. I come across people who are jealous of others because of their status/income often. Doesn't look good on the jealous person. More power to them for having the money to spend on luxuries like that.

We don't know what suite she is in, how many people are in the suite, how many drink packages she paid for and I could go on and on. I can't say if you are jealous or not because I don't know you, but to me you sound like it. Dont begrudge others. JMO

This is why OP should not have started her post saying they paid 10x more than others.

We don't know what others pay.

If she paid 10 times what some of us paid, it would be 50k+

No need to assume who is spending how much.

This is why OP should not have started her post saying they paid 10x more than others.

We don't know what others pay.

If she paid 10 times what some of us paid, it would be 50k+

No need to assume who is spending how much.

This.

She lost me at the whole 10 times crap. By stating this, she attempted to place herself above others and/or place others below her in an effort to make her claim more credible. Either way, I don't believe for a second she paid 10 x more than myself for a RCL cruise. And if I can't believe this, I've concluded that I neeedn't believe the balance of her post.

Owners loft and Royal Loft suites easily run over ten grand PP

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yep, I recognize this. But it still doesn't equate to 10x of what we pay. She used the wrong phrase and if she indeed dropped $30K+ on an RCL cruise and is on CC offering complaints of the nature she posted.... wowza, wowza, wowza.

Owners loft and Royal Loft suites easily run over ten grand PP

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

For the first two, and it gets more economical from there.

I remember back in the day, prior to May of this year, before Star Class you had to pay for your drink packages, laundry, and specialty dinners over above the cabin fare. The price hasn't changed, the perks have gotten better depending on the cabin you are in.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Those probably have clothesline.

With complimentary banana with ketchup/mayo/tabasco/chutney etc etc.

If my memory serves me correct Oasis and Allure do not have them in the RLS. We just put our swim suits out on the loungers like everyone else. :)

Edit: No pepper grinders either. :D

If my memory serves me correct Oasis and Allure do not have them in the RLS. We just put our swim suits out on the loungers like everyone else. :)

Edit: No pepper grinders either. :D

Strange. We had a JS in Oasis and we had a clothesline.

Edit: Who cares about pepper grinders?

Edited by rajju077
Edit

Strange. We had a JS in Oasis and we had a clothesline.

Edit: Who cares about pepper grinders?

Lol, not me.:D

We remember seeing laundry lines in the OS on Oasis, and JS on Allure. In all honesty we do not remember them in the SLS on Allure/Oasis, CLS on Harmony/Oasis or in the no longer existing RS on Allure.

You need to go back and read the OP's post, apparently you missed most of it!.....K.O....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: