Internet Package - Discount

Garavar

I have asked this before on my last cruise but I am having a mental battle with the math yet again..

Royal is offering 2 devices surf + Stream for 21.99 per day. For a 5 night cruise that would be $109.95 total.

However we are Diamond and we get 1 day of free Internet or $19.99 coupon (right? Or is a $17.99 coupon I can remember)

However I can't remember what the price is if pre purchasing comes out to less because I can't remember what the book on board price is.

Therefore my questions are

1) what is the book on board price for 2 devices surf and stream

2) what is my diamond coupon? $19.99 or $17.99?

3) can mine and my lady's coupons be combined to buy 2 device surf/stream package?

4) Which option would come out cheaper based on above answers. If #1 is $25 a day which is what I think it is, then it would be $25 x 5 = 125 - 19.99 (my diamond coupon) - 19.99 (my lady's) = $85.02 if we can combine the coupons.

Thanks

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

So it appears 2 devices would be $32/day. So it would be cheaper to pre-purchase.

I agree.

Even if you used one coupon for one free day and used the other coupon for $20 off a package, the difference would only be $2, and you would only have a one device package on your free day.

I went on line into My Cruises and checked on the cruise planner -- they were offering a special price for unlimited internet for the entire cruise. I paid $167 for a 14-day transatlantic for one device.

Was that Surf only or Surf & Stream?

Is it worth it to get stream and surf as opposed to just the surf package. I will be buying for 2 devices..Anybody use it for facetime to home?

I use the surf and stream to make business calls while on board. The stream isn't very fast for Web surfing in my opinion. I cannot imagine what surf package is like.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Is it worth it to get stream and surf as opposed to just the surf package. I will be buying for 2 devices..Anybody use it for facetime to home?

Some of that depends on what ship, and what route. Stream works better on some ships than others. Also, on Liberty, it's not worth it, and they say the satellite coverage for the areas of its itinerary isn't as good.

Currently you don't have a choice if you want to buy online, only Stream is available. Both are available on the ship. A video app like Facetime would probably work on Surf on a ship with O3B internet but may not on an older ship.

Just so you know, you can share a one device package across as many devices as you want - you will just be limited to one at a time online.

On a related note... you can just buy one package and share it, if you don't both need to be online at the same time... that is what we have done in the past, and plan on doing in February...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. I will do the 2 device plan for the 3 of us...Taking a 17yo along so I am sure she will want to keep in touch with her friends..

On a related note... you can just buy one package and share it, if you don't both need to be online at the same time... that is what we have done in the past, and plan on doing in February...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's what we do.