Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

I just saw this morning that Adventure of the Seas is getting the Typhoon and Cyclone Water Slides, along with a kid's water play area, a FlowRider surf simulator, an Izumi, among other things. Looking forward for the official release from Royal Caribbean and looking forward to my cruise in February on her!

I just saw this morning that Adventure of the Seas is getting the Typhoon and Cyclone Water Slides, along with a kid's water play area, a FlowRider surf simulator, an Izumi, among other things. Looking forward for the official release from Royal Caribbean and looking forward to my cruise in February on her!

Thanks for the info. Really curious where the kiddie pool area will be.

The information I saw also stated they were adding dry-aged steaks to Chops. Seeing as Adventure does not have a Chops, hopefully we can assume they are adding one. Also glad to see the addition of Izumi. We really enjoyed it on Oasis.

Seems like if they are adding Chops and Izumi, then they will be using the card/game rooms up in Viking Crown for one of the restaurants. Which may mean no Suite Lounge for Adventure.

Seems like if they are adding Chops and Izumi, then they will be using the card/game rooms up in Viking Crown for one of the restaurants. Which may mean no Suite Lounge for Adventure.

That's what I was thinking. I wonder if they have a different plan...that interior CL just doesn't cut it when deciding whether to book a suite.

My Guess would be:

Chops down on deck 4.

Izumi up on 14.

Giovanni's staying put in the WJ.

And hopefully a relocated CL/SL to somewhere with windows, but not sure of any options.

Also hoping they add an R Bar.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Being that Adventure is my next ship and several months after the planned updates, I thank you. An try to seem like there isn't appreciation of the posting, I'll still wait and see knowing how RC can change plans. Another reason to keep coming to Cruise Critic in the next 11 months.

That's what I was thinking. I wonder if they have a different plan...that interior CL just doesn't cut it when deciding whether to book a suite.

My Guess would be:

Chops down on deck 4.

Izumi up on 14.

Giovanni's staying put in the WJ.

And hopefully a relocated CL/SL to somewhere with windows, but not sure of any options.

Also hoping they add an R Bar.

I agree mostly. The only other possibility that comes to mind is moving Giovanni's to deck 4 and putting Chops next to WJ. For whatever reason, they seem to prefer Chops up there.

R Bar might replace the Champagne Bar.

I agree mostly. The only other possibility that comes to mind is moving Giovanni's to deck 4 and putting Chops next to WJ. For whatever reason, they seem to prefer Chops up there.

R Bar might replace the Champagne Bar.

Good point.

I'd say the only real unknowns are if the the CL will stay put, and where the heck they are going to put Splashaway Bay?

Good point.

I'd say the only real unknowns are if the the CL will stay put, and where the heck they are going to put Splashaway Bay?

With regard to Splashaway, I wonder if they could use the area aft of Adventure Ocean that used to have the kiddie pool area?

With regard to Splashaway, I wonder if they could use the area aft of Adventure Ocean that used to have the kiddie pool area?

My other idea was if they put the 2 big waterslides on one side of the new flowrider (like Liberty), they could put Splashaway on the opposite side (where that Boomerang failure slide on Liberty is located). They could then relocate mini-golf to the forward section about the new pano rooms (again, like Liberty).

That's my guess. I REALLY hope that they do NOT mess with the main pool deck.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

My other idea was if they put the 2 big waterslides on one side of the new flowrider (like Liberty), they could put Splashaway on the opposite side (where that Boomerang failure slide on Liberty is located). They could then relocate mini-golf to the forward section about the new pano rooms (again, like Liberty).

That's my guess. I REALLY hope that they do NOT mess with the main pool deck.

I forgot about that area above the new staterooms for the mini golf. Now that I think of it, your idea makes more sense.

Sorry if I missed it....where did you find this information? I'm excited to watch for all the updates as we will be on Adventure in January. We will be traveling with our kids that will be 6 and 10, and they will be thrilled if waterslides are added! :)

I'm fairly new to CruiseCritic, so I don't know all the rules, which is why I didn't spell out where I found it. However, there happens to be a reputable blog that is dedicated to RC that I found some time ago that had a post about it today. Anyway, I have speculated for some time now, after seeing what was done to Liberty, that they might put some slides on Adventure, and I'm glad they are, as we are sailing on her in February.

Luke- that is a great point, I think that makes the most sense. And I agree, if they mess up the pool deck, I don't know what I'll do. The nice thing if they put that somewhere else is there will be less kids in the pool, as they will be at Splashaway Bay, allowing my wife and I to enjoy the pools (I'm not a big fan of the Solariums as they tend to be too hot and stuffy, and no, I don't hate kids, I have several of my own :), I just think it will be nice to have a place for them to play that might lead to more room on the pool deck is all).

Edited by RC_Cruise_Addict

Thank you to all you seasoned cruisers for the thoughts on this. I am sailing in November and these seem like pretty aggressive upgrades given the time frame.

I seem to remember them not having any issues with getting things done with water slides, flowrider, etc, on previous refurbs (thinking mostly of Liberty). On Liberty, The Tidal Wave has had problems, but that is not going to be on this, and that wasn't an issue of timing, as they had it done, they just did it wrong, planned it wrong, etc (in my opinion).

Edited by RC_Cruise_Addict

I'm fairly new to CruiseCritic, so I don't know all the rules, which is why I didn't spell out where I found it. However, there happens to be a reputable blog that is dedicated to RC that I found some time ago that had a post about it today. Anyway, I have speculated for some time now, after seeing what was done to Liberty, that they might put some slides on Adventure, and I'm glad they are, as we are sailing on her in February.

Luke- that is a great point, I think that makes the most sense. And I agree, if they mess up the pool deck, I don't know what I'll do. The nice thing if they put that somewhere else is there will be less kids in the pool, as they will be at Splashaway Bay, allowing my wife and I to enjoy the pools (I'm not a big fan of the Solariums as they tend to be too hot and stuffy, and no, I don't hate kids, I have several of my own :), I just think it will be nice to have a place for them to play that might lead to more room on the pool deck is all).

Sorry, I meant "OftheSeasCruiser" not Luke. My bad.. :o

Just off Adventure..and I believe (according to rumor's onboard) RCI keeps changing their mind about Izumi...so that's still up in the air..but Chops is for sure....The CL is going up to #14 port side area...and the kiddie pool area Adventure Beach that's now on #12 will be updated....

Edited by Ashland

Just off Adventure..and I believe (according to rumor's onboard) RCI keeps changing their mind about Izumi...so that's still up in the air..but Chops is for sure....The CL is going up to #14 port side area...and the kiddie pool area Adventure Beach that's now on #14 will be updated....

Well, if the CL goes up to deck 14, then I don't know where Izumi would go.:confused:

Edited by clarea

So where would Izumi be going?

No idea..and that seems to be the problem...also are we sure about JR's staying...we were on for two weeks and it was a ghost town !!!

Well, if the CL goes up to deck 14, then I don't know where Izumi would go.:confused:

No idea...but it's for sure the CL is going to #14 according to both the concierge & the DL concierge. They both said one minute Izumi was coming and as of a week ago it's a no....not sure anyone onboard knows for sure at this point.

No idea..and that seems to be the problem...also are we sure about JR's staying...we were on for two weeks and it was a ghost town !!!

No idea...but it's for sure the CL is going to #14 according to both the concierge & the DL concierge. They both said one minute Izumi was coming and as of a week ago it's a no....not sure anyone onboard knows for sure at this point.

I can't imagine them ditching JR's...but then again, look how they implemented it on Quantum Class.

It seems like they are trying to decide if it is worth it to add an Izumi. Maybe they're looking for a different place, if deck 14 is taken by the new CL (or SL by that time?).