When is the Winter of 2018 Schedule Released?

ricflyer

We were recently on one of the Star ships and told they would be going to the Orient and Alaska in the future. I cannot remember if they mentioned Cuba as well - but I have been searching high and low for any other mention of those plans anywhere else.

I too would like to see 2018 scheduling.

We recently went on a cruise from Venice to Athens, and I completely forgot to pry the captain for any speculation about future itineraries. Prior to departure, I had resolved to do so when I visited the bridge. And then poof, I became distracted by all the fun and completely forgot. I can't quite qualify as a senior citizen (not yet, but soon), but that was definitely a senior moment.

Nothing's for sure until the home office releases the brochures, but I think the captain might have had some good inside information. A missed opportunity.

Let's do some sleuthing and deducing. I had read previously that Windstar wanted to expand their fleet within three years. Add to that petenmarion's intel that the company would be going to the Orient and Alaska sometime in the future. If both of those things are true, I wonder what new itineraries elsewhere might pop up?

I'm most curious about Wind Surf, because sailing on that beauty is my next priority. She seems to have a pretty predictable routine now (in a rut?), with sailing the Caribbean from December to March (two certain, time-tested, alternating itineraries); the Mediterranean, Baltics, Northern Europe, and Canary Islands from April through November; and trans-Atlantic runs in between. I wish she would "mix it up" a little bit, because wouldn't it be fun to sample some new ports and itineraries? I think that's especially true for the sailing yachts in the Caribbean, because it seems that it's been years since the Wind Surf or Wind Star broke in any new trips in that part of the world.

I guess market forces will continue to rule. If they can sell out those cabins most of the year, I suppose it won't make sense to rock the boat. So to speak....

My source for new itineraries in fact was the captain... during the 'past cruisers' cocktail party. I guess, since there were at least 50 people at the event, I am not revealing a source that should be kept confidential... he was very forthcoming with the Oriental/Alaska and received great support on that info. But I suppose his info is based on 'talks' with company reps. and may be no more reliable than any other info when it's just in the talking stages.

Wish I had chased him down to discuss further - but sometimes feel that I might put them on the spot if pushed too hard.

If there were more people on the roll calls, we might get someone to follow up.... I do have a contact on the same ship as I was on when it gets to the Carib... I'll give that one a shot.

Sorry about that, ricflyer. We didn't mean to hijack the thread so badly. I think we'll see new schedules released around the end of the year, but maybe others can fine-tune that prediction a bit. As you can see, we all love the moment when new schedules come out and everyone can start planning vacations on Windstar. :D:cool:

• 4 weeks later...