flash sale

avalong

I just called Windstar to make a reservation under their new flash sale only to discover that you must pay all of the cruise fare, not just a deposit, and it's non-refundable. I've never tried to book during a flash sale before. Are these always the terms during a flash sale?

Edited by avalong

Did you happen to ask if their price guarantee still applies to the sale pricing? We've been waiting for the Christmas sale as those are usually the lowest prices. I'd like to book now but know that if they are lower in December they will honor that price.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just called Windstar to make a reservation under their new flash sale only to discover that you must pay all of the cruise fare, not just a deposit, and it's non-refundable. I've never tried to book during a flash sale before. Are these always the terms during a flash sale?

Just got off phone with Windstar. They are "rethinking " the payment in full requirement. I have cabin on hold for 24 hours. They will honor price drop under same rules as they do without sale. Thats what i was told.

You always have to pay in full when a cruise has passed the final payment date for that sail. So yes, for all Holiday cruises that you would purchase today this would be true.

The cruise I was inquiring about had not passed final payment date. In fact, the final payment date for my cruise is in late January.

Did you happen to ask if their price guarantee still applies to the sale pricing? We've been waiting for the Christmas sale as those are usually the lowest prices. I'd like to book now but know that if they are lower in December they will honor that price.

Do they always have a Christmas sale?

Just got off phone with Windstar. They are "rethinking " the payment in full requirement. I have cabin on hold for 24 hours. They will honor price drop under same rules as they do without sale. Thats what i was told.

Should they decide to require a deposit only, then the question becomes will the deposit be refundable prior to final payment date (minus the small fee they charge)? The deposit would have to be refundable too before I'd book now.

I called my Windstar rep today and got a reduction on a May cruise which normally would require final payment in February. We were told we needed to pay it today and we did but with a thousand dollar savings as a result of the sale, no complaints. If this changes hopefully someone will post.

We were also told that b2b and alumni did not apply. Actually the bottom of the flash sale email says the alumni does apply so we have requested an adjustment.

Sorry Windstar experts, but as a German, my English language skills are far from perfect.

Barrycat mentioned in the last post:

Actually the bottom of the flash sale email says the alumni does apply

What does that mean - can somebody explain this a bit more precisely?

I found the following sentence in the small print of the November sale:

"Offer is not combinable with any other promotional offer or discount."

Does this mean, that the 5% "Welcome Home discount" (if booked within 60 days of disembarkation) does not work together with this sale?

Thanks very much for help ...

Welcome home discount does not apply, alumni discount does. It needs to be adjusted manually as the new reservation system is not able to apply it yet.

Thanks, sb44.

But could you please explain "alumni" to me - my dictionary doesn't help ...:confused:

That's understandable. Alumni in this case are customers who have sailed with Windstar in the past. Once you complete your first sailing with them you are entitled to 5% discounts on all booked trips in the future.

Many thanks again, sb44.

I checked the bottom of the flash sale mail, that I received:

All fares mentioned are per person, in US dollars; cruise only, based on double occupancy in lowest category, and includes non-discountable amounts. Government fees and taxes are additional ($80-$395 per person). Destination Discovery Event will be added at time of booking. Please double check your invoice for its presence. Offer is valid on new bookings only for select departures and subject to availability. Offer is not combinable with any other promotional offer or discount. Bookings are non-transferable; no name changes can be made nor can this offer be applied retroactively. Cancellation penalties may apply, please see website for details. Certain restrictions apply. Fuel surcharges may be imposed or increased over time. Offer is capacity controlled and may be withdrawn or modified at Windstar's discretion at any time. Information contained herein is accurate at time of publication and subject to change without notice. Offer expires, November 7, 2016. Ships' registry: Bahamas.

I did not find a sentence on "alumni" or something like that - perhaps there are different mails sent to US or European customers?!

We just did the Sicilian Spledors on the Breeze, so "alumni" would fit for us ...

Just ask for it. I doubt it has anything to do with country. The agent I talked to checked their fare rules for the sale and said it does apply but has to be deducted manually. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Yes, we enjoyed the cruise very much indeed.

Sorry "sb44" - right in this moment, I identify you as my referral friend - shame on me ... ;)

Now I'm waiting for the Windstar quote for a Star Pride cruise in May 2017 - I will ask for the alumni discount before booking.

Yes, we enjoyed the cruise very much indeed.

Sorry "sb44" - right in this moment, I identify you as my referral friend - shame on me ... ;)

Now I'm waiting for the Windstar quote for a Star Pride cruise in May 2017 - I will ask for the alumni discount before booking.

I'm glad you had a good cruise and going again! I stand corrected on the Alumni discount. Talked to WS today and was not given correct info yesterday. They are not giving this additional discount for the sale. Seems to be a bit of miscommunication. They are still requiring 100% payment on sale pricing also. We went ahead and booked non refundable as price was good but not everyone is willing to take that chance.

I was going to book my cruise today under the Flash sale pricing... but I missed it by 2 days. I hope they run the sale again or will book elsewhere within the next 2 months.

This would be my first cruise with Windstar cruise. I'm only considering this line, because I like the itinerary and that they purchased some of the Legacy Seabourn ships.

I like the small ship experience but I prefer the all-inclusive pricing that this is somewhat lacking.

Edited by MiniSchnauzer

Assume by alumni you mean Windstar Yacht Club members?

I booked a flash sale cruise last week, and was told by the Windstar reservation agent that the flash sale was not combinable with Yacht Club discount. We've now made final payment and did not received the YC discount.

If you did actually receive the discount on the flash sale, can you please reply so I can argue with Windstar with evidence?

Thanks!