Anthem Questions - Cutbacks and Hopes

robbykapnj

Hi All,

A few questions regarding the Anthem:

-Are there any speciality dining packages once we board (without being obligated to go on a particular night)?

-Are there any favorite items from dynamic dining on the "new" traditional menus or are these the same cookie-cutter fleetwide menus we have come to expect and are so tired of from every Royal Caribbean ship for the past 5-8 years?

-Are there any nightly informal meetups for our 18-20 year olds?

-Did Anthem really eliminite the Music Hall cover bands? Thought this is what made the venue so special vs just having a house band in a venue not called "Viking Crown Lounge"

-Are both Music Hall and 270 used as a club? Seems like 270 could be a cool venue for a nightclub.

Thanks!

Edited by robbykapnj

We were on board last week during Thanksgiving and also on a 9 night in May. We were so disappointed that there were no cover bands in the Music Hall last week. We really enjoyed that in May.

Also no bands at all in the music hall after our dinner at 10:30pm. We went 5 out of the 7 nights with 2 nights karaoke, 2 nights silent dance party and 1 night DJ. Not at all like our experience there in May with cover bands twice and a live band most nights.

Two70 was not used as a nightclub, other than the Spectre shows, and Philharmonic type of screen showings. They held Dancing with the Stripes there which was very crowded but we enjoyed it. Quest was held there too but we didn't attend this time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on board last week during Thanksgiving and also on a 9 night in May. We were so disappointed that there were no cover bands in the Music Hall last week. We really enjoyed that in May.

Also no bands at all in the music hall after our dinner at 10:30pm. We went 5 out of the 7 nights with 2 nights karaoke, 2 nights silent dance party and 1 night DJ. Not at all like our experience there in May with cover bands twice and a live band most nights.

Two70 was not used as a nightclub, other than the Spectre shows, and Philharmonic type of screen showings. They held Dancing with the Stripes there which was very crowded but we enjoyed it. Quest was held there too but we didn't attend this time.

Is Rock the Boat still onboard Anthem?

Thanks.

Any interest on why they stopped having the club at 270? Seems like a perfect venue and would be good to not have to go to the same nightclub every night for 12 nights in a row.

Also what about the tribute bands? Was something unique to the Anthem as the stowaway pianio player and dynamic all which had been advertised but cut.

Is Rock the Boat still onboard Anthem?

If you mean "We Will Rock You" yes that is still being offered as it shows as an entertainment option for our upcoming Anthem cruise.

If it's "Rock The Boat" you want you'll have to do that on your own preferably in your cabin. :D

If you mean "We Will Rock You" yes that is still being offered as it shows as an entertainment option for our upcoming Anthem cruise.

If it's "Rock The Boat" you want you'll have to do that on your own preferably in your cabin. :D

Rock The Boat is a rock band that has been featured on RC ships for years. We last saw them on Indy. I believe they start on Ovation today.

Rock The Boat is a rock band that has been featured on RC ships for years. We last saw them on Indy. I believe they start on Ovation today.

Thanks Bob. We saw them on their last week on Indy and they said they were heading to Anthem when it came across the pond. I hadn't seen an act like that in all our years cruising.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks Bob. We saw them on their last week on Indy and they said they were heading to Anthem when it came across the pond. I hadn't seen an act like that in all our years cruising.

I agree, it's still the best rock band we've ever seen on a ship.

We were on Anthem November 10-20. Someone did ask the Officers about the (missing) cover bands and we were told something about the $ for them being used up for 2016 and that they are not gone for good.

Edited by mizLORInj

I saw Rock the Boat on 3 of my cruises on Anthem. Great band. Katrinia and Synergy is on the ship now, and yes the tribute bands are coming back in 2017. Wanted a Bon Jovi is already booked for 5 cruises.

2/26/17

4/29/17

6/3/17

8/3/17

10/7/17

I haven't heard about any others yet. I hope they budget better for 2017 I have a 12 night booked for next December.

So Dancing with the Stripes is like Dancing with the Stars: Are there female officers for men to pair up with? How do you get into it? Sign up before or you are picked that night?

HLR

I just checked the schedule for my upcoming Anthem cruise on Jan/02/17 and there is a Journey tribute band and 2 comedians on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the tribute band DSB? If it is you're in for a real treat. Many think they are better than the real Journey band. Saw them on 3 cruises.

Did they mention any other headliners? There should be a few.

Is the tribute band DSB? If it is you're in for a real treat. Many think they are better than the real Journey band. Saw them on 3 cruises.

Did they mention any other headliners? There should be a few.

Yes, it's DSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Dancing with the Stripes is like Dancing with the Stars: Are there female officers for men to pair up with? How do you get into it? Sign up before or you are picked that night?

HLR

Yes, like Dancing With the Stars, with 5 each of male and female officers. You submit your name in a bucket, man or women, before entering Two70 and names are picked on stage and the contest begins.

I'm not a Stars fan but this was fantastically funny and entertaining. The theater was packed, we got seats in the last row upstairs, and nobody left during the show.