Anyone done ANTHEM without Dynamic dining

Seems like the same menus I've had on other ships. Nothing unique like I had with Dynamic Dining in August. Some nights we ate in the WJ because every night has a theme. It's been a great cruise so far [emoji4].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Chic and the grande restaurants are being used for classic, either 6 pm or 8:30. Silk and American icon are for my time dining. If class is you will be assigned a table which you will keep throughout the cruise. Example if your table 400 you will be that table in both restaurants. The menu in each is the same.

Chic and the grande restaurants are being used for classic, either 6 pm or 8:30. Silk and American icon are for my time dining. If class is you will be assigned a table which you will keep throughout the cruise. Example if your table 400 you will be that table in both restaurants. The menu in each is the same.

What does that mean? Rotate between the 2 restaurants in so called classic.

As per RC each restaurant has the same table numbers. Therefore if your assigned table 400 you are seated at that table number in each restaurant.

That doesn't make sense - how do you know which 400 table to sit at? This sounds like classic dining under DD where you rotated - that doesn't happen anymore.

As per RC each restaurant has the same table numbers. Therefore if your assigned table 400 you are seated at that table number in each restaurant.

We aren't understanding what you are trying to say. Have you sailed Anthem since they discontinued Dynamic Dining? Under the new dining program, you do not move from restaurant to restaurant, you stay in the one you are assigned and all four have the same menus each night.

From what you are saying, it seems like you are talking about the old process with Dynamic Dining.

So then does that mean that there are 2 table #400's and that you can choose which one you prefer on any given night? If so, wouldn't that mean there is always an empty table in the other restaurant if you don't choose that one? And if there are 2 groups who are both assigned to table #400, is it first come first served? If one group chooses one dining room first, and another group comes in afterwards, are they turned away and told to go to the other dining room and sit at that table #400 that night? This wouldn't make sense logistically. Or is it possible that you are assigned a table # and also assigned a dining room?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So then does that mean that there are 2 table #400's and that you can choose which one you prefer on any given night? If so, wouldn't that mean there is always an empty table in the other restaurant if you don't choose that one? And if there are 2 groups who are both assigned to table #400, is it first come first served? If one group chooses one dining room first, and another group comes in afterwards, are they turned away and told to go to the other dining room and sit at that table #400 that night? This wouldn't make sense logistically. Or is it possible that you are assigned a table # and also assigned a dining room?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think your Seapass card will have a both a dining room name and table number. On Harmony Silk and Grande were for MTD and my Seapass card said Silk, which meant I was assigned to Silk for the entire cruise.

Schlittner, you are saying that only those on the Classic Dining get to eat at the Grande? I don't get it. When we were on the Anthem last year we used MTD and could go to any of the Dining Rooms. Each Dining Room had a unique menu. Do all of the restaurants have the same menu now? The Grande was noted for it's Lobster Tails etc.

Schlittner, you are saying that only those on the Classic Dining get to eat at the Grande? I don't get it. When we were on the Anthem last year we used MTD and could go to any of the Dining Rooms. Each Dining Room had a unique menu. Do all of the restaurants have the same menu now? The Grande was noted for it's Lobster Tails etc.

Dynamic Dining does not exist anymore. The current sailing is the first sailing that has gone to traditional dining and MTD.

I have MTD, I can eat in either American Icon or Silk (both are MTD). Grand and Chic are for traditional dining. They can seat you anywhere for MTD but we enjoyed our server so much on day one that we request the same table every time we dine there (we've only eaten in AI).

I have MTD, I can eat in either American Icon or Silk (both are MTD). Grand and Chic are for traditional dining. They can seat you anywhere for MTD but we enjoyed our server so much on day one that we request the same table every time we dine there (we've only eaten in AI).

You are talking about MTD. The puzzling question is related to the so called classic offered at Grande & Chic. I have to believe under the new traditional dining concept, you are assigned a specific restaurant/table/wait staff. Oh, RCL, change your minds & please bring back DD as I'm already missing it. Got till Jan. 29, '18 to bring it back. My Christmas wish lol

Edited by nelblu
addl info

You are talking about MTD. The puzzling question is related to the so called classic offered at Grande & Chic. I have to believe under the new traditional dining concept, you are assigned a specific restaurant/table/wait staff. Oh, RCL, change your minds & please bring back DD as I'm already missing it. Got till Jan. 29, '18 to bring it back. My Christmas wish lol

Grande and Chic have traditional dining, the same concept as all the other RCCL ships. Same table, time and waitstaff every night. I too was looking forward to DD as I had it on Anthem in August and really enjoyed it. And they would decide to change it on my sailing lol

My question is if the menu is the same no matter which of these restaurants you eat in. The menus were different at the American Icon, Silk, Grand and Chic. Last year the Grande had Lobster Tails every night on their menu if I remember. Silk was more Asian options etc.

Has anyone here been on the Anthem since they did away with Dynamic Dining?

My question is if the menu is the same no matter which of these restaurants you eat in. The menus were different at the American Icon, Silk, Grand and Chic. Last year the Grande had Lobster Tails every night on their menu if I remember. Silk was more Asian options etc.

Has anyone here been on the Anthem since they did away with Dynamic Dining?

Yes, the menus are the same in the 4 different "free" restaurants. The menus change each day.