Ft Lauderdale Excursion Advice

eruss

I'll be on Allure of the Seas in a couple of weeks and our flight on the tail end doesn't leave until 6 pm. We're looking for something to do while we wait for our flight. Are any of the excursions worth the time. I'm not expecting anything more than to be mildly entertained. Thanks for your input!

Most ship excursions will be over by noon or 1pm....still leaves you quite a bit of time....

A rental car would let you go and do what you want....and your bags will be in the trunk...

A day room at a hotel will give you a place "to be", with pool, tv, bathroom, restaurants...

I would compare the cost of the above with the cost of changing to an earlier flight...pick the least expensive!

I'll be on Allure of the Seas in a couple of weeks and our flight on the tail end doesn't leave until 6 pm. We're looking for something to do while we wait for our flight. Are any of the excursions worth the time. I'm not expecting anything more than to be mildly entertained. Thanks for your input!

We also had a late flight out of Ft. Lauderdale two weeks ago so we opted to go on the Everglade Airboat excursion. It was mildly entertaining but it did kill some time.

Jackie

We had a 9pm flight out. We rented a car, drove to an animal park (can't remember the name) which was kinda fun, then we went to the sawgrass mall and strolled around and finally we drove to the airport. We had a fun day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Viv0828

The were 7 of us at new year coming off Allure late flight to U.K. We booked a private tour for just ourselves. We toured the Everglades + AirBoat ride and Miami.

It was excellent.. It worked out considerably cheaper for 7 than paying ship rates and then dropped us at Miami Airport.

The is a review and a few photos on my blog.

We love the tour of the waterways in Ft. Lauderdale. The yachts and the homes of the rich and famous are beautiful.

I don't know if CC has rules against naming names, but one we love is named George of the JUNGLE honoring a QUEEN in the 800 block of Seabreeze Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale.

Reasonable cost, 90 minute tour. 11:00am and 1:30pm departure.

I'd rent a car, storing you bags in the trunk, maybe drive to Hollywood Beach for lunch along the broadwalk. You can rent bikes there. Or do the Everglades on your own. Could even visit South Beach if you haven't been.

We did the ship excursion, left port via coach bus by 8 and were at the airport by 1. Not helpful for your late flight..

Edited by eandj