2013 World Cruise on Deliziosa??

gkbiiii

My friend and I are thinking of taking the Costa Deliziosa on the Jan 2013 World Cruise. I will be 40 and my friend will be 35, when/if we do this 100 day cruise. I really like longer cruises, having recently finishing my 4th transatlantic and would like now to really see the world.

I checked prices with Cunard QM2 (per (or single) person is $28,000 inside) Princess (per (or single) person is $38,000 inside) & Holland is (per person (or single) person is $40,000 inside).

The quote for two in a Samsara inside cabin (includes Samsara Spa Dining) would be around $34,000 (for two total) and the standard inside would be around $24,000 (also total for two) but would not include the spa & dining benefits.

The spa is 40E and the spa dining is 20E for non-Samsara guests. If my friend is really into spas and I realy like better dining, would the extra $10k be a good deal?

Can anyone give me advice if the Costa Deliziosa is a good ship. The Deliziosa is supposed to be the best ship in the fleet and Samsara Spa/Dining are seemly good? Also, this one cruise would put me at Gold Pearl status with 100 nights and lets say $10k of expenses onboard. Under the Costa program all expenses count toward day tier points.

So what would you all do?:confused:;)

Whats the price on an oceanview standard?

I would book a room with a view, and "pay as you go" in the spa. Unless you are using the spa every day, 10k, lot of dosh for a sauna and some R+R. I'd check our the middle cabin, ie oceanview or balcony over the 10K going to spa.

Sounds wonderful!!

Well its (ocean view) is couple grand more (Balcony is like $15-20k more). The big reason for the Spa room is to have the special Spa Dining Room, I have heard very bad reports about the ships main dining, plus the room looks too dynamic for 100 full days.

Edited by gkbiiii

Wait a few days. The Deliziosa just returned from it's current world cruise today, so it will be a few days before reports / reviews start to seep though.

I would say the spa cabins are fine for say up 18 days (TA) but after that I would assume it could become claustrauphobic, same small pool of passengers in the spa and spa restuarant. I have always found something I like, ever day in the MDR.

Get a balcony and see the world rather than trying to cycle round it in the spa.

Ron

Wait a few days. The Deliziosa just returned from it's current world cruise today, so it will be a few days before reports / reviews start to seep though.

I would say the spa cabins are fine for say up 18 days (TA) but after that I would assume it could become claustrauphobic, same small pool of passengers in the spa and spa restuarant. I have always found something I like, ever day in the MDR.

Get a balcony and see the world rather than trying to cycle round it in the spa.

Ron

Exactly!

• 3 weeks later...

i just looked at the itinirary for the 2013 world cruise. i have to say this itinerary is not desirable. poor chice of ports. FIVE days in los angelos! FIVE. Only one day for egypt, though. i follow a couple other world cruise blogs on the holland america board, and their itineraries are stunning. look at this closely.

cunard has some better itineraries, and quite similar pricing. check them out.

Edited by CtheW0rld

Just got off Deliziosa on Friday after a five-day cruise in the Med. This was the second time on this ship and the 5th Costa cruise. Spend most of my mornings in the spa...and booked 4 spa treatments. Highly recommend the Deliziosa...wonderful spa staff. Really felt the entire ship staff was attentive and friendly. The entire cruise was terrific and will do Costa and the Deliziosa again if I can.

Just got off Deliziosa on Friday after a five-day cruise in the Med. This was the second time on this ship and the 5th Costa cruise. Spend most of my mornings in the spa...and booked 4 spa treatments. Highly recommend the Deliziosa...wonderful spa staff. Really felt the entire ship staff was attentive and friendly. The entire cruise was terrific and will do Costa and the Deliziosa again if I can.

I was thinking of booking a Samsara Cabin which has the Spa Dining Room; is this something you would reccomend?

I was thinking of booking a Samsara Cabin which has the Spa Dining Room; is this something you would reccomend?

be careful when booking the samsara cabins. last time i almost did, because costa was offering great discounts and upgrades to that grade of cabin. there was a catch - it was JUST the cabin and NONE of the amenities that go with it. no dining, no spa treatments, etc. i learned about this practice from anotherpost here. buyer beware.

and seriously, did you see my post about the 5 days in LA? what a snoozer. noting against LA, but a day or 2 at the most would be plenty.

If you book a samsara cabin (not upgrade) you'll get all the perks, including the spa and restaurant access.

Five days in LA would probably not appeal to Americans but it gives ample opportunity to Europeans and others to take long excursions to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco, etc.

What a good idea, I could go to Vegas for three or four nights, yea!! Under their new 2013 program updates, you will get double credit for samsara, thus 200 night credit, giving me Gold Pearl after one cruise.

If you book a samsara cabin (not upgrade) you'll get all the perks, including the spa and restaurant access.

Five days in LA would probably not appeal to Americans but it gives ample opportunity to Europeans and others to take long excursions to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco, etc.

that certainly is an 'idea' but would be very expensive. considering the per day cost of the cruise, about $200/day, one would be much better off financially to do those as a stand-alone trip. every day off the ship would be like throwing 200 bucks into the street.

seeing the grand canyon and SF are certainly worthy.

vegas is also, to a lesser degree. bring lots of $$$. cheap rooms/shows/buffets are a thing of the past.

Edited by CtheW0rld

• 1 month later...
There are still no reviews from the 2012 cruise, I wonder how it went and if people liked the World Cruise?

it must not have been really bad, or people would be shouting from the rooftops. silence may be golden in this case.

i still can't imagine 5 days in LA. dreadful town.

• 1 month later...

Don't waste your money with a Samsara room and dining. I have rarely seen anyone in the dining room and can't imagine the menu is all that different and/or better than the regular menu. Buy a nicer room, pay for the spa as you go (they are always doing specials daily for the spa), and eat in the main dining room. You will meet more friends that way and they put on a great show on some nights.

Don't waste your money with a Samsara room and dining. I have rarely seen anyone in the dining room and can't imagine the menu is all that different and/or better than the regular menu. Buy a nicer room, pay for the spa as you go (they are always doing specials daily for the spa), and eat in the main dining room. You will meet more friends that way and they put on a great show on some nights.

i absolutely destest the dining room 'shows'. i stopped cruising carnival because of that undignifed behaviour. the dining staff have enough to do without haveing to do the dog-and-pont show. leave them to their business. :mad:

ther main reason i booked a suite on my next cruise was for the in-suite dining. i won't have to put up with that crap in the dining room. i doubt i will eat there even once.

Edited by CtheW0rld

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
So I take it, that this cruise is a mystery; however, what is the longest Costa cruise you all have taken, and how was it?

I am thinking about doing the World Cruise in January 2018. Not much detailed information about it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums