AI Piu Gusto Package cuts?

G.M.T.

Friends have just returned from a Favalosa cruise and have said that certian drinks were no longer available on the Piu Gusto package. trying to get a comprehensive list from them. Trying to find out more information.

Anyone else experienced thse cuts?

PS. May also apply to other AI packages.

Edited by G.M.T.

The last review on the Diadema also states that AI drinks packages end at 6pm daily? I really hope that's not true!

Can anyone verify that as well?

Mark

I would take that review with a pinch of salt - everything was bad in the review, as cruise is what you make ot it.

I find that hard to believe that the AI drinks packages stop at 6pm, if this is the case then not many passengers would buy the AI package as the majority of passengers will be ashore in port and get back about 6pm so the package would be useless.

The old drinks menu had those drinks that were not covered by AI package marked with a *, now it seams there is a new drinks menu with a 3 colour code covering the various drinks. No further information at the moment.

It has always been that certain drinks were not included in packages, then came the 9 Euro limit and exclusion of mini bar and bottles of wine.

With the introduction of the Indenditore for mainly Suite guests this has again been re-worked.

They are also trying four levels of comfort with cabins, but when booking look for all the great deals you get with Costa & at what price compare that to others lines and they are still great value.

I hate the new Club rules changes, but on the whole we have been up-graded twice, been given drinks packages and others perks worth roughly 500 euros each, by booking a Suite.

The last review on the Diadema also states that AI drinks packages end at 6pm daily? I really hope that's not true!

Can anyone verify that as well?

Mark

It doesn't actually say that it says it was hard to get juice in the spa after 6pm.

TBH the reviewer seems to on one.. 45mins stood at a bar waiting to be served.. :D Thats a little bit far fetched cloud cuckoo land

I have read that review, and won't even waste a pinch of salt on it.

Obviously one of those people who book a Italian line then complain of to many Italians on board.

I was not keen on the Diadema, but overall still a nice cruise and staff were outstanding.

As for dirty cabins, give it a rest mate, they are check four times a day, twice after cleaning, that is a fact.

It doesn't actually say that it says it was hard to get juice in the spa after 6pm.

TBH the reviewer seems to on one.. 45mins stood at a bar waiting to be served.. :D Thats a little bit far fetched cloud cuckoo land

Actually, it does say that, "The spa you can never get in and drinks finish at 6 so again they don't tell you that." Which is after complaining about the price for the spa and drink package. - http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=544052

I'm hoping that was just a sour review from an unhappy camper, but every bad review makes a person nervous.

The OP probably meant "I waited 45 minutes UNDER the bar waiting to be served".:D

I agree, treat that review with suspicion, I have been on the Diadema. Of course there are drinks after six PM. It sounds like the reviewer bought the "Lunch and Dinner" package, which is clearly described as "with meals", but they didn't say that, or admit they bought the wrong package from confusion/carelessness. I've found selling on Costa to be fairly low-key compared to other crusie lines.

They didn't say what restaurant was so slow or whether it was one-off. The MDR is on a schedule, the Maitre d' would be cracking the whip to get moving. An open-sitting restaurant, many cultures wouldn't consider 3 hours excessive. Yes, service in bars can be slow when busy, but by this point I didn't trust anything the reviewer said.

I was on the Deliziosa Transatlantic this spring, I read a couple of negative reviews. I can state from my personal experience, 80% of those reviews were either misleading or just plain wrong.

Edited by Dancer Bob

We've been on the Luminosa in July and I could not see any changes on the Piu gusto.

I wish one could add comments after the reviews. Some of them look as if they were written by opposition. It annoys me no end when people complain about the cost of the drinks packages, the cruise and the service fees. I looked at other companies and the drinks packages are a lot more expensive, the service charges are also payable and on top of that the cruises are a lot more expensive.

As for the silly "Costa plenty" etc.

Booked a November cruise on the Fascinosa and looking at the NeoClassica artound India in February/March. Does not look as if any other companies do a similar one.

• 2 weeks later...