Iceland pro cruises review

mittenscat23

I have to review my cruise on Iceland Pro cruises Ocean Diamond on the message Board as there is NO OPTION to do this on the main page!

http://www.icelandprocruises.com/

We wanted to tour Iceland and only unpack once. We wanted to see as much as possible but have a guarantee of a place to sleep and meals. Iceland is very expensive.

After an internet search I found Iceland ProCruises. Exactly what we were looking for! The cruise circumvents Iceland They were very responsive to all my many emails with a wide variety of questions answered. Iceland Pro will also work with your travel agent if you prefer to book this way. The ship is a small ship designed for exotic locations such as Antarctica and Greenland. It is older and is in the process of updating. We had a window cabin (we got upgraded from lower porthole..nice!) The cabin was large, newly renovated and the beds comfortable. The room had good storage space. Although the ship was dated in places (the elevators were the size of a small closet) it was one of the cleanest ships I have ever been on.

The staff from the excursion team to the room stewards were very helpful. The main languages on the ship were English and German so every presentation was in both languages. We even got a brief course in Icelandic.

The ship is very casual so no dressy clothes needed. Jeans are just fine for dinner.

Because the ship is very small (max approx. 200 passengers) it was so easy to check in and get on and off at the various ports. We had a port stop every day. They offered really neat Zodiac rides (included) that allowed us to see amazing sites especially in the Westman Islands...wow! We took some of the ships tours (VERY GOOD) and also did some private ones on our own. I loved the big bag lunches they packed for us every day that we were not going to make it back to the ship for lunch.

Iceland is the most beautiful place. It is safe, extremely clean and the people amazing. I think it is the place that everyone wants to visit now and we heard in the summer months it can be quite busy. We went May 24 to June 2...weather cool, but just fine. Bring lots of layers (hat and gloves) as in one day the weather can change many times...LOL

Any specific questions you can e mail me...degrel at rogers dot com

• 2 weeks later...

We were on this same cruise and it was awesome. We enjoyed everything about it. We were also upgraded to a balcony cabin. For me it is the only way to see Iceland comfortably. We took a land tour every day except one. And yes I agree the zodiac tours were fun and surprising. I won't spoil the surprise by telling you why. We loved it. Food was excellent. Staff were amazing. Ship was clean and well maintained. No complaints from us.

The food was excellent. Every meal had a choice of meat, vegetarian or fish. Lots of salad and fruit and the meals were all very tasty. You could order more than one plate if you wanted to. Every meal was wonderful. If you took a day tour they made you a packed lunch to take with you. It included a sandwich, cake, cookies, yogurt, fruit and water. Delicious. No complaints about the food at all.

We had looked into a driving tour but ended up going with an Ocean Diamond cruise instead. We are so happy we did. It was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see every corner of Iceland. The stops around the island were well chosen and very different each time. They day tours were very interesting and informative. For us there is no other way to tour Iceland. We loved it.

We had looked into a driving tour but ended up going with an Ocean Diamond cruise instead. We are so happy we did. It was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see every corner of Iceland. The stops around the island were well chosen and very different each time. They day tours were very interesting and informative. For us there is no other way to tour Iceland. We loved it.

Curious ... we've done a fair bit of expedition voyages and the outings have always been included in the price. Is it the same with Iceland Pro ... or do you pay extra for them.

Even though we've done the driving circumnavigation, I would still love to do the voyage.

• 2 weeks later...
Curious ... we've done a fair bit of expedition voyages and the outings have always been included in the price. Is it the same with Iceland Pro ... or do you pay extra for them.

Even though we've done the driving circumnavigation, I would still love to do the voyage.

Except for the Zodiac tours we paid for the tours separately and had a choice of several in each port. I noticed that there were other tour groups on our ship such as Roads scholars and their tours were included. They bought a package ...we just paid for cruise.

Except for the Zodiac tours we paid for the tours separately and had a choice of several in each port. I noticed that there were other tour groups on our ship such as Roads scholars and their tours were included. They bought a package ...we just paid for cruise.

Thanks, that is good to know. We would probably opt for cruise-only pricing.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting your review. We are planning on booking for summer of 2017. We have visited Southern Iceland by car last summer and I think this circumnavigation would be an awesome way to see the rest of the coastline

• 5 months later...

HI Diane,

We sail on the July 9 cruise this summer.

I just received and sent my excursion booking form into them. The excursions costs vary depending on the type, length of time, etc . The excursions for this summer run anywhere from $39-289 pp. For example, one of our excursions goes to Snaefellnes Glacier on a snow cat and that is 169 pp.

They also offer free zodiac excursions in some of the ports what I read are pretty cool as well.

Edited by pmjnh

HI Diane,

We sail on the July 9 cruise this summer.

I just received and sent my excursion booking form into them. The excursions costs vary depending on the type, length of time, etc . The excursions for this summer run anywhere from $39-289 pp. For example, one of our excursions goes to Snaefellnes Glacier on a snow cat and that is 169 pp.

They also offer free zodiac excursions in some of the ports what I read are pretty cool as well.

Thanks for the info.

I think I'm going to have to look at this very seriously. Greenland has been on my bucket list for quite a while.