Virgin Gorda on Journey

margbem

We are scheduled a tendered stop from 7.30am to 3 pm in February in Virgin Gorda. We want to visit the Baths but there is no ship excursion offered. Is it because it is easy to do yourselves?

Anyone done this visit to the Baths? If so, how did you do it?

Also, I have gathered a bit of info from CC ports of call if we are tendered into Bitter End. Is this where we will be landed?

Thanks in advance!

Margaret

We negotiated with a taxi driver as we left the pier. We paid $25 a person for an island tour. There were 5 of us in our group. We wanted to go to Spring Bay which is next door to the Baths to avoid the crowds. Virgin Gorda was an unexpected gem on our Cruise on the Quest. I have pictures in our travel diary which is linked in my signature if you want to check out Spring Bay.

We are scheduled a tendered stop from 7.30am to 3 pm in February in Virgin Gorda. We want to visit the Baths but there is no ship excursion offered. Is it because it is easy to do yourselves?

Anyone done this visit to the Baths? If so, how did you do it?

Also, I have gathered a bit of info from CC ports of call if we are tendered into Bitter End. Is this where we will be landed?

Thanks in advance!

Margaret

You get of the tender and walk by the ships and a restaurant and the open air taxi's are there.. i think i paid $5 last time. only two places to eat there one at the top and one at the bottom.. i almost never go anymore as not a great beaxh for sunning but for looking at the stones.

If they are tendering to the Bitter End, they are at the opposite end of the island from The Baths. The Baths are beautiful but only if you get there early, before the huge crowds shuttled over from the mega ships docked on other islands. It gets waaay crowded. If you can get ashore early and grab a cab it is worth doing. The ride across Virgin Gorda is beautiful as well. We have been to VG a number of times on SeaDream and they tender to the Bitter End as well. They do make an early morning stop off Spanish Town to get those who want into the Baths early. Then the taxi would take us cross island to the anchorage. One of the prettiest spots in the BVI imho.:D

• 2 weeks later...
We negotiated with a taxi driver as we left the pier. We paid $25 a person for an island tour. There were 5 of us in our group. We wanted to go to Spring Bay which is next door to the Baths to avoid the crowds. Virgin Gorda was an unexpected gem on our Cruise on the Quest. I have pictures in our travel diary which is linked in my signature if you want to check out Spring Bay.

Very good report and beautiful pictures. Thank you for taking the trouble to put all this down.

Dr.Joe