Azamara to Keep Popular Sunset Bar During Refurbishment

LauraS

Just back off the Quest during which we heard the good news.....

Spent many breakfasts, lunches and buffet dinners during the cruise in the knowledge that it was not going to change.....

You know.....It doesn't really get much better than sitting in Monaco harbour on a balmy evening, drinking wine, eating great food and enjoying that fabulous view!

John

Just back off the Quest during which we heard the good news.....

Spent many breakfasts, lunches and buffet dinners during the cruise in the knowledge that it was not going to change.....

You know.....It doesn't really get much better than sitting in Monaco harbour on a balmy evening, drinking wine, eating great food and enjoying that fabulous view!

John

That says it all, or put another way, the reason that we all fought so hard to retain what we all agree is the best place on the Azamara ships.

There’s also a computer room on-board … however we should note that this will be leaving the ship by 2016 to make way for the new spa suites – read more about this here!

Is there any truth in this statement?

It will be our first time on Quest next September. I'm just hoping that all work will be complete and that our cruise won't be impacted.

Is there any truth in this statement?

It will be our first time on Quest next September. I'm just hoping that all work will be complete and that our cruise won't be impacted.

Yes, the computer stations are being moved to make room for two new suites "Spa Suites".

The work will be done well before you board in September :)

The last i heard the new computer room space would be moved starboard side into the new remodeled Looking Glass area which new is like a card room but without a wall. Not sure but I hope it becomes an inclosed space as it needs to be quiet.

We really need more info on location of these suites and computer room plus artist drawings of the new Looking Glass as guests are not being kept in he loop enough.

I have only just seen this thread.

I am really delighted that the Sunset Bar area is to be retained.

If you can hear a munching sound it is me eating my words, having previously expressed extreme cynicism that any notice would be taken of the comments on here.

I'm delighted. Well done Azamara - I can look forward with renewed enthusiasm to seeing the renovations on both ships on our cruises next year.

I have only just seen this thread.

I am really delighted that the Sunset Bar area is to be retained.

If you can hear a munching sound it is me eating my words, having previously expressed extreme cynicism that any notice would be taken of the comments on here.

I'm delighted. Well done Azamara - I can look forward with renewed enthusiasm to seeing the renovations on both ships on our cruises next year.

You're welcome mr. mojo. Thank you for posting your delight.

We are just off the Journey on Sunday, and while we loved the Sunset Bar area, we don't think the "open while under construction" worked very well. Having guests sit ten feet from workers in dust masks doing tile work not a good idea. Waiters seemed stressed as they had to run to another bar to fill drink orders. Once the work was done this became our favorite place for a before dinner or after dinner cocktail. Hours of other bars seemed a little wacky with not much open at 5:00pm.

Working on a full review of our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its so great to hear that. We both love this place at the aft of the ship. And we were so sorry to hear about integrate a specialty restaurant, what we really do not need. The food is so great, we never have been in the specialty restaurant, but spend a lot of time at the aft bar. We will be there in march and are happy to enjoy caribbean evenings in this bar outside the ship.