Changes to the Sunset Bar (Shelved ! Effective 9/9/15)

little britain

What are your thoughts on the proposed changes to the Sunset Bar  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on the proposed changes to the Sunset Bar

• I'm excited about a fantastic new venue to dine on the ship
    • Please leave it as it is as I love it as it is now

I'm not sure this needs yet another thread and also not sure if the "opinions expressed on CC" need to have cloud, as quite a few, including myself, are excited about the changes, including the Asian speciality restaurant on deck 9 aft (in combination with an expanded outdoor grill). I expect I'll be dining at the new restaurant a lot, as well as at the Grill. The more options to dine outside, the better.

Edited by florisdekort

I'm not sure this needs yet another thread and also not sure if the "opinions expressed on CC" need to have cloud, as quite a few, including myself, are excited about the changes, including the Asian speciality restaurant on deck 9 aft (in combination with an expanded outdoor grill). I expect I'll be dining at the new restaurant a lot, as well as at the Grill. The more options to dine outside, the better.

Hi florisdekort, welcome back...it's nice to hear from you again.

I too am excited about the new dining options.

Bonnie

I'm excited about the new venue and look forward to trying it out, HOWEVER I am a little sad that the opportunity to dine out there in the evenings with the normal buffet will not be possible, especially when my favourite Indian Buffet is on. At least as I understand it we will still be able to have our early morning breakfast and light lunch out there.:)

I also couldn't get the poll to work on my iPad.

I'll say it again , I am not against another speciality restaurant but I am against taking away my favourite outdoor evening dining venue for the exclusive use of this restaurant. The proposed "outdoor"alternative by the pool grill is by no means properly outdoors or anywhere near as nice as sitting on the aft deck. Although there are different views on the subject on balance the majority of peoplewho have posted seem to be in agreement with this view

Looking forward to having an asian dining venue .

We like the idea where it is going to be located and also think it is great that the pool grill will be open in the evenings giving us another choice

It can't get the poll to work on my iPad either.

I actually think that both Azamara ships are too small for three speciality restaurants onboard. I'm not a huge fan of pan Asian food either, although I know many people do like it. Aqualina and Prime C would always be my preferred option and I will miss the Sunset Bar for dinner.

Looking forward to having an asian dining venue .

We like the idea where it is going to be located and also think it is great that the pool grill will be open in the evenings giving us another choice

The way it's laid out in the artists rendering makes it out to be a great location in a great place. I hope they stick with it and make the pool grill area nicer for those who enjoyed the buffets.

Seems to me there are gradations in between that one might like to see. For example: Leave the outdoor part of Windows as part of the buffet and add an Asian restaurant in the evening where the pool grill is now.

This has my yes vote!

Seems to me there are gradations in between that one might like to see. For example: Leave the outdoor part of Windows as part of the buffet and add an Asian restaurant in the evening where the pool grill is now.

You have my vote exactly as above.

However they will have to spice up the area where the pool grill is now, as it's pretty bland.

I really don't care for Asian food and never eat it at home or go to an Asian restaurant so it does not interest me. I certainly will not be paying extra to eat there.

You can probably guess what my vote was and I'm in the majority. :D

The pool grill really is a drab, uninviting venue, although we have eaten there on occasion, i.e., when we've come back on board too late for lunch at Windows.

In summary whist I sometimes enjoy Asian food and live amongst a large Asian population with great cheap Asian fare I would NEVER pay for it on a cruise line. The 'romance' for me with Azamara is stilling on the back deck, (Sunset Bar) drink in hand watching the wake. Especially during warmer voyages where the sun stay up late:) I believe this needs to stay accessible for ALL guests not just those who want to dine 'Asian'. I would be very disappointed to 'lose' this space. It holds the happiest of memories for us as it is.

I have also voted to keep the Sunset Bar for the use of everyone. This area is one of the most popular on the ship, with a unique ambience not available anywhere else on board. On a nice night the tables all fill very early and stay that way all evening. With the wonderful themed buffets at Windows there is something different to choose from every night and something for all tastes. I'm another who doesn't like Asian food and wouldn't eat at this restaurant and it is very hard to imagine cruising for our usual 3 or 4 weeks and not being able to enjoy this special place. Please Azamara, consider moving your new restaurant to one of the areas suggested by other posters and keep the Sunset Bar for the use and enjoyment of all.

While I only occasionally have dinner at the Sunset Bar, my vote is to leave it as it is. However, I am happy if I will still be able to have breakfast and lunch outside.

Though the pool grill does not compare as it is not outside, I am glad it is being upgraded. It is currently my least favourite part of the ship.

While I only occasionally have dinner at the Sunset Bar, my vote is to leave it as it is. However, I am happy if I will still be able to have breakfast and lunch outside.

Though the pool grill does not compare as it is not outside, I am glad it is being upgraded. It is currently my least favourite part of the ship.

i take my food from there and sat on my sun bed.. i find that area rather depressing. with or without Asian food Sunset bar needs an update too.

Wonder if the new evening restaurant where the sunset bar currently is would be more appealing if they placed Prime C or Aqualina there and the Asian one indoors swapping them over? Just a thought.

Having cruised the med late November, when the sunset bar was closed every night due to the cooler weather,im wondering if a restaurant there would work,also will the cooking be done there or in the kitchen.

Wonder if the new evening restaurant where the sunset bar currently is would be more appealing if they placed Prime C or Aqualina there and the Asian one indoors swapping them over? Just a thought.

No...they're fine just where they are.

I own RCL stock, but I'm not greedy. Leave the aft dining area for all to enjoy for breakfast, lunch and dinner at no extra cost, and don't add another onboard revenue-producing restaurant.

Azamara prices escalated significantlyin recent years, so the fares ought to cover most of the dining, including the aft dining area at no extra charge.

P.S. I adore traditional Japanese food prepared by trained chefs, but don't like Asian fusion food at all, and we would not patronize that type of restaurant, especially at an additional-cost. The only Chinese food we really enjoy is fresh dim sum, brought around on carts, and I seriously doubt that is the sort of thing that would or could be offered.

Edited by Oceans&Rivers
P.S.

Love the idea of an Asian restaurant, as long as it's done with quality and a challenge to the taste. It should not be bland and should not be Asian food for non-Asian people. This could open up AZ to a new market, which is pretty cool. And would be welcome to us foodies who love the cuisine of the world, as long as it is authentic. Authenticity is often a problem on cruise ships.

Couldn't get the poll to work on my IPad, so wanted to say I'm excited about having an Asian restaurant on board.

I too am having problems voting on my iPad.

I really hope they keep the Sunset Bar as it is, we are not big fans of Asian food so would not be interested in dining there. However we appreciate that many people are excited about this new addition so hope Azamara leave the sunset Bar as it is, and site the Asian Restaurant elsewhere.