Newest AZ Captain

BBMacLaird

We are very pleased to announce Captain Magnus Davidson as the newest Captain of the Azamara Journey.

Captain Davidson is replacing Captain Sindre Borsheim as he returns to the RCI fleet as Captain of Voyager of the Seas.

There will be a more thorough press release on Captain Magnus Davidson very soon. I'll share it with you when it's released.

We are very pleased to announce Captain Magnus Davidson as the newest Captain of the Azamara Journey.

Captain Davidson is replacing Captain Sindre Borsheim as he returns to the RCI fleet as Captain of Voyager of the Seas.

There will be a more thorough press release on Captain Magnus Davidson very soon. I'll share it with you when it's released.

Fantastic a Scot as a Captain

Well done Magnus, one of the nicest people to come out of Shetland!

Fantastic a Scot as a Captain

Well done Magnus, one of the nicest people to come out of Shetland!

Sounds like a great addition.

But who will translate the Captain's announcements at noon? [emoji3]

I could apply for that position as I hail from Shetland too!

Congratulations to the new Captain :)

Surprised Captain Sindre didn't stay very long at all. :confused: :confused:

I'm surprised too. He's a very nice person, and seemed eager to be with Azamara. I wonder if the smaller ship experience wasn't for him. I hope he enjoys his return to Royal Caribbean.

Welcome Captain Davidson !

Edited by Host Andy

Finally!! I have been waiting a long time for this. better question why even bring on a temp when he was here all along- YEA! Magnus!!!!

Finally!! I have been waiting a long time for this. better question why even bring on a temp when he was here all along- YEA! Magnus!!!!

Hi Robin,

Are you saying this was the plan all along, and Captain Sindre was only intended to be a fill in ? If so, that's very interesting.

You are ok, shetlanders have beautiful easy to understand accents.....not like the weegies ;)

Hi Robin,

Are you saying this was the plan all along, and Captain Sindre was only intended to be a fill in ? If so, that's very interesting.

Andy, This is just a very good thought but just my thoughts..You might be right that he did not like a smaller ship. .But this is the second time in 3 years they pulled from RCI and both captains went back to RCI. my real feeling Magnus has been with AZ enough years. Maybe the company thought a Captain should be older. he is the youngest captain now. i still believe he should of been made captain over bringing in a stranger again.

Andy, This is just a very good thought but just my thoughts..You might be right that he did not like a smaller ship. .But this is the second time in 3 years they pulled from RCI and both captains went back to RCI. my real feeling Magnus has been with AZ enough years. Maybe the company thought a Captain should be older. he is the youngest captain now. i still believe he should of been made captain over bringing in a stranger again.

Hi Robin,

Larry Pimentel tweeted that Captain Davidson was previously Journey's Staff Captain. It makes more sense now, as the dots are connected. Thanks for your insights.

I'd like to wish all the best of success to Azamara Captain Magnus Davidson !

Edited by Host Andy

very sorry to see him go, we had 3 cruises with him this may and june and he is a wonderful person!

welcoeto captain Magnus

Annelies and Fred

We also talked a lot with Sindre and he said tha RCI had offered him to rejoin their fleet, but not before in the fall. They also said that they had an opening at Azamra imediately. Maybe he was making this Azamara contract and still was contemplating the RCI position as time went by.

A door opened for him, and he took it, subsequently another one opened for Magnus. We have sailed with Magnus and he will be perfect. A Shetlander is basically more norwegian than scottsih, at least :rolleyes:that's what half the population likes to be....:) just kidding

A Huge WELCOME, to the new Master of Azamara Journey:)

. A Shetlander is basically more norwegian than scottsih, at least :rolleyes:that's what half the population likes to be....:) just kidding

A Huge WELCOME, to the new Master of Azamara Journey:)

To be fair Norway is nearer than Edinburgh for them!

Yes, Capt Magnus Davidson has been our Staff Captain on-board Azamara. He's very well liked by all...officers, staff & crew, shoreside and of course our guests! We are all happy about his promotion. He sent me an email this morning thanking me for posting his promotion on this forum and saying he'll sign up with CC once on-board the Journey. He signed off with the following..."P.S. I will do my best to represent Scotland well!"

Hi Robin,

Larry Pimentel tweeted that Captain Davidson was previously Journey's Staff Captain. It makes more sense now, as the dots are connected. Thanks for your insights.

I'd like to wish all the best of success to Azamara Captain Magnus Davidson !

Hi Andy

U know Magnus from two ships. .the last i saw him was this winter with a bread.. not my thing bit as always tall dark and handsome.. outside his holiday which he took while i was on SQ i am not why why Sindre filled in. either way it worked out for he best.

Hi Elbon, as you say, tall, dark & handsome!

I'm not sure what you meant by you last saw him this winter with a bread? Like a loaf of bread??

Here's a picture we've posted on the Azamara facebook page...

1439324905_CaptMagnusheadshot.jpg.5ec98d07a44420b7f4e0f476f51ffefe.jpg

I'm not sure what you meant by you last saw him this winter with a bread? Like a loaf of bread??

Oooohhhhhhh.....nice eye candy. :D :p :D

LOL! I misspelled again and meant to say beard. I first met him without one.

• 2 weeks later...