FAO Bonnie: Pre cruise information

Prefdavid

Hi Bonnie. I recently received an email from my TA which had a message from Azamara requesting that I complete our cruise details. From this message it appeared there was some passport information missing.

Now I know that I'd completed this but asked my TA if they would check with Azamara that all was good. After a little while my TA advised that Azamara have confirmed verbally that everything is fine and suggested this was an automated email but they won't confirm in writing all is ok, as all emails are automated. WHAT!?

So send an automated email that's incorrect, then not send a correct one because it's an automated process. If that's really true then I'd be happy to offer my IT consulting services to help you design a response system that actually works correctly. ;)

I was debating on forwarding this correspondence to Mr. Twynam but I thought it so amusing, I should first share it with our CC community.

Hi Bonnie. I recently received an email from my TA which had a message from Azamara requesting that I complete our cruise details. From this message it appeared there was some passport information missing.

Now I know that I'd completed this but asked my TA if they would check with Azamara that all was good. After a little while my TA advised that Azamara have confirmed verbally that everything is fine and suggested this was an automated email but they won't confirm in writing all is ok, as all emails are automated. WHAT!?

So send an automated email that's incorrect, then not send a correct one because it's an automated process. If that's really true then I'd be happy to offer my IT consulting services to help you design a response system that actually works correctly. ;)

I was debating on forwarding this correspondence to Mr. Twynam but I thought it so amusing, I should first share it with our CC community.

David,

I would certainly forward it to Mr Twynam who as you know is very customer focused.

He may be able to action something so that other UK cruisers don't receive incorrect automated communications going forward.

Have a great cruise on Journey in November.

I'd be happy to offer my IT consulting services to help you design a response system that actually works correctly. ;)

David,

That is very gracious of you. The words "to offer " really means I hope that you would offer advice free of charge. To actually do it, you would have to get paid

But the thought is nice.

I don't think that there is any cruise company that has a good internet site although some are mere bad and some are almost unusable. How is it that almost every retail company that does business over the internet has a good site and cruise companies have not been able to figure it out.

There is one site (can't remember which) where after you log in and select your specific booked cruise, it makes you enter your first name, last name, cruise dates AND booking number before you can do anything at all on the cruise. It will not even let you look (not book but look at) at the available excursions without entering all that information.

IDIOTS!!!

DON

David,

I would certainly forward it to Mr Twynam who as you know is very customer focused.

He may be able to action something so that other UK cruisers don't receive incorrect automated communications going forward.

Have a great cruise on Journey in November.

Thanks Bonnie

I'll forward the correspondence to Mr. Twynam tomorrow, hopefully it'll give him an amusing start to the month, as well as hopefully fixing it for others.

• 1 month later...

Well I thought this was all sorted but.........

I had received confirmation from one of Mr. Twynam's team that all was correct with our details and they were looking into how this had occurred.

Well they need to look harder and faster because it's occurred again.......yet another message today telling me our details are incomplete and our tickets can't be issued.

I've written to the correspondee at Azamara but my mood is rapidly moving from amused to p****d off. I really don't want to be turning up at Manchester Airport in less than two months and find we're going nowhere and I could do without the pre-cruise worry. :mad: :eek:

Well I thought this was all sorted but.........

I had received confirmation from one of Mr. Twynam's team that all was correct with our details and they were looking into how this had occurred.

Well they need to look harder and faster because it's occurred again.......yet another message today telling me our details are incomplete and our tickets can't be issued.

I've written to the correspondee at Azamara but my mood is rapidly moving from amused to p****d off. I really don't want to be turning up at Manchester Airport in less than two months and find we're going nowhere and I could do without the pre-cruise worry. :mad: :eek:

Hi

We received a similar email today saying passport details incomplete and my middle name (I don't have a middle name) not completed.

I completed the online check-inmany weeks ago and the information was correctly entered! Don't know why they are sending this email. I have asked our TA to look into this. Like you, don't want to turn up and be turned away:mad:

I have forwarded your two posts to the UK Azamara office.

Thanks Bonnie. As I mentioned I had already emailed the lady who responded to me on behalf of Mr. Twynam but appreciate your efforts as well. :)

I would have copied him on this but as he's about to go on vacation I'm sure he's got enough on his "to-do" list for now. :rolleyes:

I'll try to be sure to let you know the eventual outcome. Azamara Journey TA here we come.......or not!! :eek:

Hi

We received a similar email today saying passport details incomplete and my middle name (I don't have a middle name) not completed.

I completed the online check-inmany weeks ago and the information was correctly entered! Don't know why they are sending this email. I have asked our TA to look into this. Like you, don't want to turn up and be turned away:mad:

Did you check the box underneath the middle name entry? It states you don't have a middle name, and lets the system know that you didn't overlook entering one. It's like a "this box left intentionally blank" indicator.

Did you check the box underneath the middle name entry? It states you don't have a middle name, and lets the system know that you didn't overlook entering one. It's like a "this box left intentionally blank" indicator.

Hi Peggy,

Thank you for suggestion.

Yes. I had ticked the box. Had also filled in correct passport details in full. I just hope that it has been an error on their part and that tickets can be issued without problems.

So looking forward to our cruise and being onboard the beautiful Journey once again. :)

Alison

Hi Bonnie

Have just received email from TA confirming on-line check-in has been completed and that letter from RCCL/Azamara should be disregarded. :)

Thank you for your help.

Alison

I'm happy to hear it has been cleared up.

Have a wonderful cruise on the Journey!

Hi Bonnie

Have just received email from TA confirming on-line check-in has been completed and that letter from RCCL/Azamara should be disregarded. :)

Thank you for your help.

Alison

I'm pleased your problem has been resolved Alison but I've heard absolutely nothing.

Maybe I should have copied Mr. Twynam in on my message after all!! That certainly seems to ensure that some action is taken. :(

I'm pleased your problem has been resolved Alison but I've heard absolutely nothing.

Maybe I should have copied Mr. Twynam in on my message after all!! That certainly seems to ensure that some action is taken. :(

David

Hope you too get this resolved soon. Fingers crossed!;)

Alison

Pleased to advise that after a couple of conversations yesterday and today, not only have I been assured that all our details are correct but also received an explanation of the "glitch" that meant somehow our details weren't replicated correctly everywhere within the system.

IT are still looking into this to ensure it doesn't occur again to us (or anyone else) but we can now relax and look forward to being on Azamara Journey in just under 7 weeks.

Pleased to advise that after a couple of conversations yesterday and today, not only have I been assured that all our details are correct but also received an explanation of the "glitch" that meant somehow our details weren't replicated correctly everywhere within the system.

IT are still looking into this to ensure it doesn't occur again to us (or anyone else) but we can now relax and look forward to being on Azamara Journey in just under 7 weeks.

Glad to read this. Wish Azamara could figure out how to avoid all these little glitches that cause unnecessary angst.

Trust me: The on-board experience will more than make up for it.

That is good news David. See you at the Meet and Greet:)