MDR Breakfast Menu

dinosaurdem

NO KIPPERS in the main dining room for breakfast! It was an outrage! No kippers on the North Atlantic, and I really was looking forward to them! I hope service has improved. Pickled herring, smoked trout, salmon, eggs benedict, but NO KIPPERS! How is a man expected to live under those conditions, I ask?

It must be an American thing! I don't know of any Brit who would take pictures of their breakfast.

We just want to eat it! :D

Not all Americans take pictures of their plates before eating. Perhaps I don't because my ancestors can be traced back to England!

It must be an American thing! I don't know of any Brit who would take pictures of their breakfast.

I see this comment as a joke, and I do not, as a rule, take photos of what I eat. Although some times dishes are so beautifully presented, it is nice to admire the beauty and skill, before I dig in! Some might even want to record that beauty in a photo. To each his/her own.

Sometimes people take photos because we belong to communities like this where people who have not yet been on that trip/cruise/etc are excited and want to see what to expect:D

For instance, we always take photos of our bathrooms and under the bed. Because people who haven't cruised or haven't been on Ship ABC want to know if there's going to be room to store their luggage under the bed and put out their toiletries in the bathroom.

Likewise, seeing a photo of a buffet can help to know/prepare if it's set up as a cafeteria, multiple stations, if there are trays or just plates.

And of course, sometimes the photos just serve to excite, which is fine with me:p

(my husband does not like it when I photograph my food and does not allow it at dinner - even though I never use flash:cool:) I can sometimes get away with it at breakfast or in a buffet, if I'm quick and discreet about it.

In "American" taking pictures of a menu means something different from taking pictures of your breakfast.

I might venture to say the habit of photographing a meal is more generational than national or cultural. I know many in their 30's who like to snap a photo and upload to social media, most especially when they're traveling. It's one way I know when my nephews and nieces are traveling or celebrating a life event!