Anyone been to Cairns, Australia?

BBMacLaird

Sure Have I used to live just South of the city centre, lots to see and do but in Feb be prepared to get wet as it rains a lot and is very humid from November to the end of April.

Its really warm however and the rain is a refreshing event at times.

I would recommend a good umbrella and a cheerful outlook you are in the tropics during the wet season which is pretty cool at times.

You can take the train up to Kuranda and take the cable car back. The cable car trip is great. It goes above and through the top of the rainforest and has several stops with observation points and information so you can get off and have a look at all the stops, then get back on. There are also alligator farms where you can see the alligators close up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were there four days in 2011. We snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef, went into the Daintree to Cape Tribulation, took a boat ride to see crocodiles (and did we ever!), took a walk with an Aboriginal guide in Mossman Gorge and drove up to the Atherton Tablelands and Kuranda.

We were there four days in 2011. We snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef, went into the Daintree to Cape Tribulation, took a boat ride to see crocodiles (and did we ever!), took a walk with an Aboriginal guide in Mossman Gorge and drove up to the Atherton Tablelands and Kuranda.

I agree with this person and would put the reef first, and I'm a poor swimmer.

Our first major travel was a 6-week land trip to OZ/NZ and Fiji many years ago. My most vivid memory of Cairns was waking each day to the croaking sounds of cane toads and then having to sidestep them on the path as we exited our chalet. They were everywhere! The locals considered them a pest and absolutely despised them but we thought they were wonderful.

I agree with all the above, you really do need to spend some time there a cruise visit will only wet your appetite for more.

We spent 3 weeks & during our visit & did a 4 day cruise around the Barrier Reef on Captain Cook Cruises Reef Endeavor

Also stayed in a lodge in the Daintree Rain Forrest, one our best holidays ever.