Electrical sockets/outlets

Muckyduckway

We are first time cruisers, sailing on Marina on a Baltic Cruise.

We have loads of questions, but think they are best asked on separate threads so our starter for five is...

How many sockets of each type are in a standard cabin (veranda): US and European? Where are they positioned - bathroom, dressing table, etc?

Thanks,

John

This is for Riviera so a summing same as Marina.

On the desk you have two US plugs and 1 Euro. Euro plug next to phone and Us plugs are near the lamp.

One US plug above each night stand.

Edited by PaulMCO

Is there is a US outlet socket in the bathroom. If so where?

Yes there is a US/Euro outlet above the sink -- adjacent to the toilet. This where they usually have the night light plugged into.

On Marina last August. I believe the outlet in the bathroom is a low voltage outlet for electric shavers, and could not be used for hairdryers or other higher voltage electric hair styling devices. I had to plug in everything at the desk outlets.

Just off Marina and the plugs on the bedsides were European, not US.

For someone who needs to plug in something at the bedside. (A C-pap comes to mind.) Bring an adapter. Presto. Change-o. A US compatible plug.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

On Marina last August. I believe the outlet in the bathroom is a low voltage outlet for electric shavers, and could not be used for hairdryers or other higher voltage electric hair styling devices. I had to plug in everything at the desk outlets.

Just to clarify your comment, it is NOT lower voltage, it is US 110 voltage the same as US outlets, just the wiring and probably the circuit breaker will only carry a lower current, i.e. lower wattage/amperage.

That is why it works with shavers which don't draw much current compared to higher current devices. It's like most of your home circuits are 15 amps and the US plugs in your stateroom are 15 amps but, the plug in the bathroom is probably 5 amps. You can look on all of your appliances, hair dryers, shavers, etc. and see that the voltage is the same but, the amperage and wattage vary.