Cabin fridge preferences and when to request?

Muckyduckway

Hello

We have been doing a lot of reading online and this site in particular in preparation for our Baltic cruise on Marina.

One of the interesting things learned was that you can specify to your cabin attendant what you would like in your drinks fridge. When should this be done and how specific can you be? For example, if we were to ask for Pepsi Max, Diet Pepsi, sparkling water, orange juice and ginger ale, would that be excessive or pushy? Or should we just take out the drinks we won't use?

TIA

John

If you're very specific about the brands, and it sounds like you are, you'll want to fill out the form to request your beverages in advance.

6 months before your cruise is a decent Window, and the forms may be obtained through Guest Services. When planning your request, keep in mind that the fridges are small and hold 15 or 20 cans, completely stuffed. Items will stay colder and more easily accessible if you keep 10 or 12 cans in there at a time.

Depending on what part of the World you will be sailing in, there may be a charge to obtain some types of beverages.....believe it or not Pepsi isn't Universal yet, but you'll have the option of paying the fee or changing your request to something similar which would be free.

Juices, by the way, are not a part of the "for the fridge" beverage selection.

They are available gratis on the ship, but need to be ordered on the day either through Room Service or in a Lounge.

Edited by StanandJim

We just ask our TA to let Oceania know we want our fridge stocked with nothing but Coke Zero and we usually arrive to find it as ordered. It didn't happen one time, but we just asked our attendant. By the way, Oceania carries Coke products so I don't think you'll have any luck getting Pepsi.

We only request in advance through our TA if we want something that is not usually on board (eg - I used to get the fridge loaded with Dr. Pepper but I am now cutting down on soda). If all you require are items that are normally on board there is no need to order in advance.

Thanks everyone for speedy and helpful replies.

It never occurred to me that Pepsi wouldn't be available, although I guess it should have. We can slum it for a week!

To be honest we don't drink copious amounts of soda, but found the idea of having only what we like in the fridge rather appealing. Our main reason for asking was to avoid the awkwardness of coming across as picky entitled guests with the cabin attendant while still taking advantage of any facilities available to us.

Thanks again

John

It never occurred to me that Pepsi wouldn't be available, although I guess it should have. We can slum it for a week!

To be honest we don't drink copious amounts of soda, but found the idea of having only what we like in the fridge rather appealing. Our main reason for asking was to avoid the awkwardness of coming across as picky entitled guests with the cabin attendant while still taking advantage of any facilities available to us.

Thanks again

John

Premium cruise price = premium service.

Fridge soda/water requests are no big deal - unless you want something really weird, like Pepsi ;-)

Our fridge is Coke Zero and Pellegrino.

Extended B3 balcony on O ships? You may also want to ask for loungers if they're not already there when you arrive.

Thanks again

John

Just let them know well in advance what you want.

We had our TA make the request for us, as he said he was familiar with this when we inquired about beverages regularly available.

When we boarded, our Butler stopped by to introduce himself, and he also mentioned the soft drinks, apologizing that they weren't yet in the fridge (NOT a problem!) because they were still being loaded on the ship.

He brought them by later in the day.

All very easy.

For us, It's Diet Dr.Pepper for DW ( which we've had no problem in getting for European cruises) and Diet Tonic Water for me ( Gin & Tonic without the extra sugar!). Do as Stan and Jim suggest and order at six months out or no later than 2 months to ensure the best chance of getting your preferences.

Premium cruise price = premium service.

Fridge soda/water requests are no big deal - unless you want something really weird, like Pepsi ;-)

Our fridge is Coke Zero and Pellegrino.

Extended B3 balcony on O ships? You may also want to ask for loungers if they're not already there when you arrive.

Mmmm San Pellegrino.

Do you think they'll provide the brown paper bags to disguise the Pepsi, or perhaps we should bring our own. :D