Maasdam 2016?

albingirl

We definitely want to book a long transatlantic in the fall of 2016 to the Med. Is there a chance that the Maasdam may be retired by then? My husband likes the to and fro of it all, therefore we would be coming and going from Lauderdale.

Yes, certainly there is a chance Maasdam could be sold at any time. It is no secret the four "S" ships have been available 'for the right price'. Statendam and Ryndam are leaving HAL's fleet and that leaves Veendam and Maasdam. I certainly hope Veendam goes first. :)

None of us who do not have direct links to the Board Room can know.

Just checking Sydney ports for 2016/17 as it gives an idea of what is coming down our way and I wanted to see if the Volendam was going to do its usual Sydney to Singapore trip.

Imagine my surprise when it is not the Volendam's name registered but the Maasdam - so looks like there might be a changeover happening like they did for the Oosterdam/Noordam.

Though with port bookings nothing is ever set in cement.

Just checking Sydney ports for 2016/17 as it gives an idea of what is coming down our way and I wanted to see if the Volendam was going to do its usual Sydney to Singapore trip.

Imagine my surprise when it is not the Volendam's name registered but the Maasdam - so looks like there might be a changeover happening like they did for the Oosterdam/Noordam.

Maasdam is booked at Port Chalmers November 25th 2016.

Maasdam is booked at Port Chalmers November 25th 2016.

Looks like she is taking over the Volendam run of Aus/NZ circumnavigation before heading up to Asia. Drat never managed to sail on the Volendam and won't have a chance now, too booked up.

Maasdam is in Alaska through Sept 2016, then headed wayyy west.

Thank you for the information.

Looks like she is taking over the Volendam run of Aus/NZ circumnavigation before heading up to Asia. Drat never managed to sail on the Volendam and won't have a chance now, too booked up.

I was hoping to do Sydney - Singapore on the Volendam next year as well, we had a great time on this cruise on a fabulous ship (Volendam) in 2013 and was keen to repeat it. Looks like I'll have to enjoy the pleasure of a new (to me) ship instead. Come on HAL get those schedules out so we can make plans :):)

Cathy

Edited by cranethie
changed date