Cabin D6102

rayandbelle

hi there my wife and i are thinking about doing a cruise on the ms Volendam and this cabin looks a little different to the other D cabins,can any body tell me if the bed is up agaist the windows or is it place in a different position.

thank you for any help you can give me on this cabin

Ray

Here are pictures of 6102 on the Volendam:

sm-theDunns-Alaska-841.jpg----sm-theDunns-Alaska-843.jpg--sm-theDunns-Alaska-844.jpg

Thanks to Joanie for keeping the database!

IMHO...We had one of these cabins, and NEVER would want another one! Very tight to move around, Very little closet space, No head room by windows. To put windo blinds up and down a crank is needed. After spending a night in this cabin, I was willing to move to ANY other available cabin....Carol

hi there my wife and i are thinking about doing a cruise on the ms Volendam and this cabin looks a little different to the other D cabins,can any body tell me if the bed is up agaist the windows or is it place in a different position.

thank you for any help you can give me on this cabin

Ray

D 6100 is a better arrangement and more spacious. We would take it again in a heartbeat.

From my fall coastal, on the blog:

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2009/10/pictures-of-zaandam-stateroom-d-6100.html

IMHO...We had one of these cabins, and NEVER would want another one! Very tight to move around, Very little closet space, No head room by windows. To put windo blinds up and down a crank is needed. After spending a night in this cabin, I was willing to move to ANY other available cabin....Carol

I stayed in the same cabin aboard the Amsterdam and really liked it for an Alaska cruise. It was a short few steps to the outside world and some of the most amazing viewing spots on the ship. I loved it. However, I would agree that if you've got a problem with cramped spaces, it's not exactly spacious. Look next door, however, and you'll find a cabin with more usable space but only 1 window. Next time I find myself free to book up and forward in that area, and particularly on an itinerary with a lot of scenic cruising, I may book one of them again.

Here are my photos of the cabin in question:

web.jpg?ver=12456445770001

web.jpg?ver=12456445900001

web.jpg?ver=12456445990001

web.jpg?ver=12456446220001

And, the bed's separated:

web.jpg?ver=12456447120001

Meanwhile, 6100 -- which is right next door to 6102 -- is a MUCH better arrangement ... more usable deck space, but only 1 forward looking window.

web.jpg?ver=12456447230001

web.jpg?ver=12456447290001

web.jpg?ver=12456447300001

I really liked what I saw in this cabin, and may try to book it in the future.

Edited by RevNeal

Rev, I agree. 6100 is a GREAT room. Any time I'm on the R Class I will absolutely book this room. Hopefully we never book the same cruise... it might come to blows as to who gets the room. I would hate to have to use my influence at the HQ to get it (Of course I'm kidding when I say this)

But yeah, the room is phenomenal!

Rev, I agree. 6100 is a GREAT room. Any time I'm on the R Class I will absolutely book this room. Hopefully we never book the same cruise... it might come to blows as to who gets the room. I would hate to have to use my influence at the HQ to get it (Of course I'm kidding when I say this)

But yeah, the room is phenomenal!

:D

If you're in 6100 and I'm alone on the ship I'm happy to have 6102.

It's when I'm sharing with someone (like Mom) that 6102 becomes too crowded.

My favorite cabins on the R ships are the Js on the Lower Promenade Deck. Can't beat the location for ease of access to all points on the ship and for a nice, smooth ride. Nevertheless, if I'm interested in scenic cruising, up on the Veranda Deck forward is one of the best places to be.

Here are pictures of 6102 on the Volendam:

sm-theDunns-Alaska-841.jpg----sm-theDunns-Alaska-843.jpg--sm-theDunns-Alaska-844.jpg

Thanks to Joanie for keeping the database!

You are quite welcome. I enjoy doing it. And your questions shows it works:)

As you can see from RevNeal and DutchByAssociation, 6100 next door may be larger, but if you really want the view...

Have a blast, whichever stateroom you choose:)

Joanie

You are quite welcome. I enjoy doing it. And your questions shows it works:)

As you can see from RevNeal and DutchByAssociation, 6100 next door may be larger, but if you really want the view...

Have a blast, whichever stateroom you choose:)

Joanie

Hey Joanie, 2 things:

1) Not sure if you ever asked or I ever said, but if you filter on my blog by either "Zaandam" or "Follow DBA" you should be able to see TONS of photos from my Zaandam cruise. Help yourself!

2) WHen I went to go and check your Zaandam photos to see if you had used mine (trying to figure out what I mention in #1) I noticed you also have a picture of a VIsta CLass hydropool and a rendering of the Signature class on that page (FYI)

:)

Hey Joanie, 2 things:

1) Not sure if you ever asked or I ever said, but if you filter on my blog by either "Zaandam" or "Follow DBA" you should be able to see TONS of photos from my Zaandam cruise. Help yourself!

2) WHen I went to go and check your Zaandam photos to see if you had used mine (trying to figure out what I mention in #1) I noticed you also have a picture of a VIsta CLass hydropool and a rendering of the Signature class on that page (FYI)

:)

I did ask way back in August, but I think it was one of those request that got lost amongst all the other posts:)

I will grab some of the photos probably tomorrow. I am working on revamping all of the Stateroom Pages and am working on the Veendam today.

Thank you so much for the permission and the corrections!!

Joanie

• 5 years later...
I will be in 6102 on Amsterdam, but I cannot open your photos. I know it has two windows ans the view should be good. does the bed face the windows?

I suggest doing a google search for photos of the cabin, you may have success there.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)