Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go so it must be time to start a LIVE thread. Yes, it's live thread time so I am setting it up so we can find it easily once we are on board.

After months of anticipation the Sail a Way Gang is on the Westerdam this Saturday! Lots of planning and lots of fun expected.

In fact, we have a pre-cruise dinner planned at Kelly's Landing.

I have asked the roll call to join in with any comments and I hope lots do.

And, of course, the Sail a Way Gang will be waving furiously at Sail a Way time. Look for us on the Observation deck near the Westerdam sign. Flags, banners, toot banner - we are going to be having fun waving from on board for a change:)

We are doing the Panama Canal - a full transit - here is our itinerary:

CruiseDetails.action%3FwebItineraryIdForAudit%3DT5P21W%26fromSearchVacation%3Dtrue%26destList%3DL%2CT%26dateCode%3D4_2015%26flexibleMonths%3Dfalse%26noOfFlexibleMonths%3D1%26portCode%3D%26shipCodeSearch%3DWE%26voyageCode%3DW534

Edited by kazu

Many are on the way or ready to head to FLL, but I'm still here mowing the yard, after which I can start washing and packing. Hopefully we will have lots of fun to report, a clean, well-run ship (no doubt) and nothing but clear blue skies to warm all the hearts and minds of our northern friends who've suffered such a long, dismal winter. Ours, not so much, as evidenced by needing to mow the yard (again, already done so 5 or 6 times this year) before we leave for FLL on Friday. :)

Edited by 0bnxshs

Suitcases are by the front door, almost ready to leave. We're on the red eye tonight, hooking up - as we just discovered - with Kazu and her DH in Montreal for the final leg of the journey.:) Can't believe it's finally here!!

I'll miss your send-off, and your thread, as I will be getting close to my own embarkation.

But I will be sure to catch up on these posts when I get back.

Have a great time!

I'll miss your send-off, and your thread, as I will be getting close to my own embarkation.

But I will be sure to catch up on these posts when I get back.

Have a great time!

Bon Voyage Ruth :)

I will be following your "Live" thread having done your cruise a few times -- one time with a different version.

Of course you can trust me to set up the Sail Away thread unless something happens to CC or we lose power due to bad thunderstorms.

thanks KK, I know we can count on you :)

Thanks all for the kind words. Internet permitting, I sure hope we don't let you down. We fly out very early tomorrow a.m.

So excited that you all will be sharing this wonderful cruise experience together. Looking forward to sail away and the live thread. Bon voyage!

Edited by qsuzi

Have a great time! Always wanted to take a 3 week panama canal cruise but trying to get the vacation time at the agency is a pain in the... aft ;)

Hope you all have a great time. Westerdam is one of my favorite ships. Lots of wonderful memories onboard.

In your Live From can you include who the Guest Relations Manager, Hotel Director and Captain are?

Thanks!

Bon voyage!!