Bon Voyage to Av8rix - May 12th, 2015

kazu

Ahh the Panama Canal! Having just come back from a similar cruise I can pretty much guarantee anyone on this one should have a good time! Here's hoping I am right and everyone on board has a fabulous time!

Bon Voyage to Amsterdam - 19 day Panama Canal to Seattle:

Av8rix

TP519W.jpg

Bon Voyage Av8rix!!!

Have a great cruise and a WONDERFUL time!!!

.....for the good wishes, everyone!

This’ll be my second time through the canal. I was an engineer in my younger days, so I’m at the rail for the whole transit (well, the three locks anyway), fascinated at how the amazing thing works! And awed by the fact that the engineers accomplished this >100 years ago.

We will be joining you for the San Diego to Vancouver portion. This will be our first HAL trip, and we hope to get lots of awesome memories with our kiddos and great material for our newly developing blog...

I have heard such great things about the food... I cannot wait! I am envious of the Panama Canal portion, but it gives me something to look forward to for another trip. :)

BON VOYAGE!

.....for the good wishes, everyone!

This’ll be my second time through the canal. I was an engineer in my younger days, so I’m at the rail for the whole transit (well, the three locks anyway), fascinated at how the amazing thing works! And awed by the fact that the engineers accomplished this >100 years ago.

Totally agree... I, too, was an engineer in my former life and spent over 1 1/2 years in Panama. I used to spend free time watching ships transit and finally got to do it by ship 45 years later and now have done it three times. Never get tired of it...

Hope you have a great trip...

Totally agree... I, too, was an engineer in my former life and spent over 1 1/2 years in Panama. I used to spend free time watching ships transit and finally got to do it by ship 45 years later and now have done it three times. Never get tired of it...

Hope you have a great trip...

Thanks. Hey, are you 65Gator because you're an FSU grad? Class of '65? My first undergrad degree (not engineering at that time) was from the University of Miami, class of '61.

Thanks. Hey, are you 65Gator because you're an FSU grad? Class of '65? My first undergrad degree (not engineering at that time) was from the University of Miami, class of '61.

GAG... The Gators are University of Florida... NOT Florida State College for Women (FSU)...

Yes, BEE in '65.

Travelled with football team in the 70's with several trips to Miami. Go 'Canes...

Keep us posted on your travels...

GAG... The Gators are University of Florida... NOT Florida State College for Women (FSU)...

Ewww! Of course I knew that! Just forgot. Ain't it h*ll to get old? Apologies.