Extreme zip line Vallarta

crAZytwinmomma

Upcoming port day in Puerto Vallarta. My twin eleven year olds want to do the extreme zip line (the Amazing race one) through Vallarta Adventures.

Anyone do that specific one?

I looked at online reviews and it seems good. I am nervous about myself. I am not in the best shape. I have a mild fear of heights and do not have any experience repelling or on high ropes... The water slide looks kinda terrifying.

I can do roller coasters and such and I WANT to do this with my girls--- looking for some insight & reassurance.

I am hoping I can muster the courage to join my girls and have fun. Anyone care to share their experience and/or impression of the others in the excursion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More of a lounging on beach type but gathering courage and went for daughter's sake.

This is what I recalled. Ride in a speed boat approx 30-40minutes. Then they load you in a truck for a bumpy but fun ride. Donkey ride up mountain. It pretty much move for you so you do not need to do anything but lean back. After the first zip line, you should be good to go as know what to expect. Rappelling down mountain is another thrill. Don't worry as they double/triple harness you for safety. Finish up with a waterslide requiring you to wear helmet. Had a blast with my daughter which make all it all worth while. Got a few mosquitoes bites which last for 2 weeks but reminded me of the fun I had with her. There were a 70 years old lady on our tour and she had no problem. Good luck!!

More of a lounging on beach type but gathering courage and went for daughter's sake.

This is what I recalled. Ride in a speed boat approx 30-40minutes. Then they load you in a truck for a bumpy but fun ride. Donkey ride up mountain. It pretty much move for you so you do not need to do anything but lean back. After the first zip line, you should be good to go as know what to expect. Rappelling down mountain is another thrill. Don't worry as they double/triple harness you for safety. Finish up with a waterslide requiring you to wear helmet. Had a blast with my daughter which make all it all worth while. Got a few mosquitoes bites which last for 2 weeks but reminded me of the fun I had with her. There were a 70 years old lady on our tour and she had no problem. Good luck!!

Thanks for the reply. I do think it will be a good mother/daughter experience and I am always telling them to push themselves to achieve successes along their life journey that they can not only be proud of in that moment but also when looking back on the paths they have taken...

Upcoming port day in Puerto Vallarta. My twin eleven year olds want to do the extreme zip line (the Amazing race one) through Vallarta Adventures.

Anyone do that specific one?

I looked at online reviews and it seems good. I am nervous about myself. I am not in the best shape. I have a mild fear of heights and do not have any experience repelling or on high ropes... The water slide looks kinda terrifying.

I can do roller coasters and such and I WANT to do this with my girls--- looking for some insight & reassurance.

I am hoping I can muster the courage to join my girls and have fun. Anyone care to share their experience and/or impression of the others in the excursion?

Great fun, but you have to enjoy that kind of thing. I saw a wide variety of ages and body types. There is heights, the slide is big and can be unnerving but with the helmet pretty safe ( there is a reason for the helmet, the ride is rough enough you could smash your face w/o it. ).

A few pictures of the more extreme portions:

p1081906993-3.jpg

p1081907012-3.jpg

p1081907019-3.jpg

p1081907047-2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

They have different packages. I remember just getting the CD only but do not remember exact amount.

For shoes, it requires you do not wear open toes. You will be drop into water at a few places. Water shoes probably better then sneakers.

suggest bug spray (long pants & sleeves) for the no-see-ums

and skip the water slide at the end (too radical... not fun... dangerous)

they actually put you in a hockey goalies mask with a face shield for the slide, for good reason... surprised the cruise lines allow that water slide

The slide actually scares me so now I gotta ask...

Anyone care to elaborate on their slide experience?

My twin eleven year olds plan to do the slide but I am not sure about myself. Should I rethink my twins doing the slide?

Just an opinion, and you will find many posts agreeing...

Try Los Veranos.

$ 67 person online.

Extremely good zip line, and the river, water slides into the river are FUN, not intimidating.

Yiour children will find the zips to be daring, challenging and fun. There is not a rock wall, or rapelling.

Check it out, it May be a great option for you.

xtreme zip line Vallarta is a great overall 4+ hour tour. Bug Spray, long sleeves/pants (those bugs are fearless bitters that last for a month), and skip the 20 second slide if you are not light in body weight, its the few extra pounds that cause you to slam you around HARD. Thin folk glide right through the slide

The slide actually scares me so now I gotta ask...

Anyone care to elaborate on their slide experience?

My twin eleven year olds plan to do the slide but I am not sure about myself. Should I rethink my twins doing the slide?

FWIW the slide is on the edge, as the other poster noted they do put helmets with full frontal face protection. I didn't research this much before but after the ride, yeah you better have frontal protection! Surely someone broke their noise and black eyes and such prior to those precautions.

Similar to deciding should you do black diamond moguls on a steep ski slope. I frankly can't remember how easy it is to opt out, surely you can as the photographer/video guy didn't go down.

p1081907041-4.jpg

Edited by chipmaster

• 1 month later...

So my girls and I did do this excursion. It was all fun. Not scary at all. I asked about the slide and the guide said really only those near the 250 lb weight limit can get a bit of a rough ride - so I even did the end slide.

The course was varied and interesting. The guides were friendly. It went by fast!

We all had fun. I was glad we did the extreme zip line because it didn't feel too extreme and now I feel like that excursion is "complete" and no need to do it again if we go back.

0177cad249ad275062da2f56c39ef084.jpg53629edfe5556a8dd0b1e62a110b8750.jpg2266ed66489fb5a3665eb35700da1677.jpg

Edited by crAZytwinmomma

The hubby and I did this excursion while there in May. We had a blast! Hubby is afraid of heights but said he never felt unsafe and actually enjoyed the free fall/repel after he got over his initial anxiety of going off the platform.

I laughed the whole way up while riding the mule. The 2 guys behind me were hilarious because their mules kept trying to beat the other to be the leader. Then, once they caught up to me, my mule kept speeding up to get away from them. :D

The water was cold but very comfortable once you were out and in the heat.

We used sturdy bottomed water shoes and they worked very well, even with the short walks we had to take to get to the next zip. We also used Bull Frog sunblock/bug spray combo without DEET and had no problems with bugs at all.

The water slide at the end required the face mask/helmet and elbow pads. It was very fast and I was at the bottom before I really knew what was going on. On the first turn, I leaned a little too far to my left and hit the back of my hand that caused a small bruise, but other than that, it was like riding a fast water slide.

I had asked before about the prices for the photos: the full package with a USB stick (you get to look through all the photos/videos taken of your group and pick out yours), poster photo, 5 3x5 photos, a photo printed on metal and a memory book including 30 photos was just about $160USD. That included the shipping for the memory book and the metal photo. The others were printed on site. You had the option to purchase just the USB stick, but I'm not sure how much that cost. Our photographer, Mary, did a great job!

I would definitely do it again!

Edited by sunripndrazbry