puerto vallarta private taxi tour

trixie17

We walked off the ship and as you leave the fence you will find white Ford vans. They took us on about a 3 hour trip for I believe $25.00. The first place you went to was a jewelry store (they get money for bringing people there) and then we went into the town. With the van we were able to get to places the buses could not. We visited a tequila factory which was interesting. You can hire a tour in any of the ports and it is much cheaper then the ship. I thought it was an excellent tour. We were on the Norwegian Star.

Has anyone just taken a taxi and done a tour of the hidden Mexico in PV? Is this a bit risky? We would like to go into the Sierra Madre and see some authentic villages. Any suggestions?[/QUO

We arranged a private car thur Puerto Vallarta tours on the internet, It was

a taxi cab with a driver who spoke english --We had him for 4 hours

it was $130 that included tip. he took us where we wanted to go--

tour 0f city--shopping--lunch at Cocos PARADISE (REALLY NEAT 30-40 mins.

out of town). This car we got could fit three in==brand new and nice.

Look on thee internet--google it.

Big Green

Edited by big green

We have been to Mexico several times and had no trouble with booking a tour on the dock. We left the main gated area and talked to a few taxi drivers until we came across one that spoke really good english. Both time we negotiated a price with the driver according to where we wanted to go. We ablsolutely loved PV and have considered going back on a land based vacation there someday.

Has anyone just taken a taxi and done a tour of the hidden Mexico in PV? Is this a bit risky? We would like to go into the Sierra Madre and see some authentic villages. Any suggestions?[/QUO

We arranged a private car thur Puerto Vallarta tours on the internet, It was

a taxi cab with a driver who spoke english --We had him for 4 hours

it was $130 that included tip. he took us where we wanted to go--

tour 0f city--shopping--lunch at CHicos PARADISE (REALLY NEAT 30-40 mins.

out of town). This car we got could fit three in==brand new and nice.

Look on thee internet--google it.

Big Green

it was Chicos Paradise-- checked the car again it was $30 hour anywhere.

Big Green

• 4 years later...

We just got back from RCCL Panama Canal cruise. In Puerto Vallarta we hired a taxi to take us around and give us a tour of PV. We were lucky to hire Juan Antonio Miranda. He was wonderful and I recommend him highly. Very nice gentleman and he spoke perfect English. He took us to the standard sites, including the church, Tequila Factory.

He was very accommodating. As we were driving along we would see something and yell stop and he did. One of the women in our foursome wanted to buy leather huarache sandals. She didn't want to pay $30 so he took us to where the locals shop where they make the sandals. She paid $15 for the sandals.

Juan can be reached via email at: j.a.mrnd@hotmail.com

1919573094_PuertoVallartaJuan.jpg.6726303894a02ad46c070a37ae167349.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back from RCCL Panama Canal cruise. In Puerto Vallarta we hired a taxi to take us around and give us a tour of PV. We were lucky to hire Juan Antonio Miranda. He was wonderful and I recommend him highly. Very nice gentleman and he spoke perfect English. He took us to the standard sites, including the church, Tequila Factory.

He was very accommodating. As we were driving along we would see something and yell stop and he did. One of the women in our foursome wanted to buy leather huarache sandals. She didn't want to pay $30 so he took us to where the locals shop where they make the sandals. She paid $15 for the sandals.

Hi, emailed him and he replied he charges $30 per hour. He suggested we Skype before arriving! We will most likely arrange to meet him when we dock and have him take us around, including Chico's Paradise probably. Thanks for the recommendation!

Yopu will find plenty of certified guides with car at the cruise terminal. They all speak excellent english, have full insurance for their car and passengers.

Either join a small group with them or have them as private driver.

• 4 months later...

Hi, can you please tell me how many passengers his vehicle can carry?

Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We'll be on a land trip this time around (1st week in May), and wonder if Juan Antonio Miranda is still running his taxi tours in Puerto Vallarta (actually, we'll be at The Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta). Anyone know? Any other way to contact him than through e-mail?

• 1 month later...
We'll be on a land trip this time around (1st week in May), and wonder if Juan Antonio Miranda is still running his taxi tours in Puerto Vallarta (actually, we'll be at The Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta). Anyone know? Any other way to contact him than through e-mail?

I'm wondering the same thing. I got his email returned.

I'm wondering the same thing. I got his email returned.

There is a thumbnail in post 6 that you can click on to reveal his card with phone number