Allure show reservations

We have cruised quite a bit, but never on a ship that required show reservations. We are now Diamond and I was wondering if we need to pre-book reservations or can this be done in the Diamond lounge?

I have read on these boards that only 20% of seats are retained for on board reservations. Can say if that is factual or not. I'm not taking chances on our Allure cruise, I pre-booked them.

We have cruised quite a bit, but never on a ship that required show reservations. We are now Diamond and I was wondering if we need to pre-book reservations or can this be done in the Diamond lounge?

Definitely prebook if you want a variety of choices. It is hard enough to coordinate dining reservations and show reservations- you don't want to run out of options because of shows being fully booked.

I'm not aware of D or D+ members getting preferential seating. Suites for sure and Pinnacle I think maybe as well, but no diamond.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

At the very least, book the comedy show. That venue is small and you might not get in if you use the standby line.

How early can entertainment be pre booked?

Be sure to join your roll call, someone on there likely will find that reservations are available and announce it.

Our entertainment reservations opened up at 150 days before the cruise, the dinner reservations earlier than that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am due to go on my first cruise on 4th september on Allure of the seas. I have reservations for all 6 shows and was wondering how long to show up before the shows to guarentee a good seat. Do the people with reservations get in before everyone else?

At the very least, book the comedy show. That venue is small and you might not get in if you use the standby line.

I have never been given the option of booking comedy shows online....says to book onboard. Is this due to them already being full? I booked cruise about 4-5wks prior to cruise date. Booked all other shows without a problem.

I have never been given the option of booking comedy shows online....says to book onboard. Is this due to them already being full? I booked cruise about 4-5wks prior to cruise date. Booked all other shows without a problem.

Yes, most likely the comedy show is booked. However, they do hold back some slots for onboard booking. I would go to Guest Services as aoon as youi board and ask where you can go to book shows.

Yes, you can book shows even though you have not made final payment (I just did it a couple of weeks ago and my final payment isn't due until early July).

The comedy show can be/should be reserved ahead of time just like the ice show, broadway show, etc. In fact, the comedy shows always have long lines for each show of people trying to get in that couldn't or didn't reserve ahead of time.