RC's Beverage package flyer page has changed!

Everyone loves to get so fired up around here. From the OP, begging this to be a scandalous discovery. To all the responses talking like RCI is breaking some sacred trust. Give me a break! You're talking about a beverage package on a cruise. They can charge WHATEVER they want. If it's worth it, buy it! If not, just pay for your damn drinks. But stop crying and whining like a bunch of babies!

Everyone loves to get so fired up around here. From the OP, begging this to be a scandalous discovery. To all the responses talking like RCI is breaking some sacred trust. Give me a break! You're talking about a beverage package on a cruise. They can charge WHATEVER they want. If it's worth it, buy it! If not, just pay for your damn drinks. But stop crying and whining like a bunch of babies!

I'm not sure if it's whining, per se. It's just really confusing and I know planners like myself like to know exactly what I'm getting before I board. Even the RCI reps are confused, that's why I've just been talking to C&A because they seem more together. Plus, CC people seem to have way more knowledge than definitely myself or the reps I've spoken to about a lot of different things and I really appreciate the info. Happy cruising everyone[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So people are whining, because they want an accurate price quote and what's included in their plan? If you don't like it, move on to another thread. Nobody is forcing you to read this.

So people are whining, because they want an accurate price quote and what's included in their plan? If you don't like it, move on to another thread. Nobody is forcing you to read this.

Yep, and no one is forcing you to buy a beverage package or even cruise for that matter. People here are complaining about cost discrepancies for an unlimited alcoholic beverage package. Seriously, read that last sentence again.

It's hard to believe no one has written a folk song about the struggles you all endure!:cool:

Yep, and no one is forcing you to buy a beverage package or even cruise for that matter. People here are complaining about cost discrepancies for an unlimited alcoholic beverage package. Seriously, read that last sentence again.

It's hard to believe no one has written a folk song about the struggles you all endure!:cool:

And they have every right to complain, and for your information. I bought the package, and I'm not complaining about the price, I just want to know if soda is included after that flyer came up, which is on royals site now. Honestly why did you come in here, apparently this does not bother you, but it does bother you that other's are not happy.

I was just checking my Cruise Planner and they have put up a new version of the PDF file there. Now it no longer shows the prices for the packages. The pictures for the Select, Premium and Ultimate package still shows the soda cup though. Does anyone have the old PDF file which shows the Souvenir Cup and Soda Fountain checked as included in the alcoholic packages? I didn't save it and would like to have a copy of it, so if I get onboard and they say it is not included I'll probably have a very long discussion with someone from RCCL on unfair business practices.

I don't buy beverage plans on a cruise. But I can hardly fault anyone for wanting accurate pricing and descriptions so that the can choose if they want to buy it.

There's only one person whining that I see...

I was just checking my Cruise Planner and they have put up a new version of the PDF file there. Now it no longer shows the prices for the packages. The pictures for the Select, Premium and Ultimate package still shows the soda cup though. Does anyone have the old PDF file which shows the Souvenir Cup and Soda Fountain checked as included in the alcoholic packages? I didn't save it and would like to have a copy of it, so if I get onboard and they say it is not included I'll probably have a very long discussion with someone from RCCL on unfair business practices.

Yep, I just checked my cruise planner and yesterday there were prices listed and there was a mention of the wine per glass prices (up to $12 I think?).

As of this morning, the PDF no longer has prices and there's not mention of the wine per glass prices.

We spent close to $1000 for 2 people getting the premium package for our 10 night cruise. I don't think it's whining when I'd like to know that I'll still get soda along with alcohol as the fountain cup for the Freestyle machines was a big deciding factor for our package choice. Also would like to know what they are doing about the wine prices.

That is what people are trying to do, make an informed decision if the package is worth it based on what is included. But, if they keep changing what items are in the package, it's pretty much impossible to figure out.

I purchased the Premium package for DH with the understanding that Coke and Frozen Cocktails would be available to him. Now, according to the new info, it does not appear those are now included. Except for a picture that still shows the souvenir cup and frozen drinks. So yes, I will question what is now included. I don't think that is whining.

I downloaded this version on March 20, 2016. It still lists Coke with the cup in it's own column. I had to compress the file to upload, so you might have to zoom in a bit.

[ATTACH]384020[/ATTACH]

Thank you for this, I'll be saving it. That's exactly what I was looking at when I bought mine.

I was told by several people not to read Cruise Critic because posters are just mean for no reason......:rolleyes:. Looks like I found one ;)

I was looking at the packages and since I would be drinking more pop than anything I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see what comes about. I would pass on the alcohol packages if the pop wasn't included. I certainly don't want to have to buy two packages to get it.

I downloaded this version on March 20, 2016. It still lists Coke with the cup in it's own column. I had to compress the file to upload, so you might have to zoom in a bit.

[ATTACH]384020[/ATTACH]

Thanks a lot!

Thank you for this, I'll be saving it. That's exactly what I was looking at when I bought mine.

Thanks a lot!

You are welcome!! I downloaded to send to family and friends that are joining us on the cruise. Glad it came in useful. :)

Beverage package changes can be confusing and deciding whether or not buying the package makes sense for your specific situation can require some thought. I don't see any whining.

I appreciate seeing this info whether or not it applies to me on my particular upcoming cruise.

This all got me to wondering so I went to my next cruise. Clicked on Cruise Planner. Clicked on Beverage Packages. Clicked on Premium.

It's the same price (and page) as the last time I checked - $79/ day CAD (includes grats). It clearly states that the souvenir Coke cup is included.

When I clicked the button to compare packages I see the page that I've seen here in this thread.

IMHO the omission of the mention of soda in the alcohol packages was in the interests of brevity.

Try looking at the individual pages for each package and see what you get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"From the OP, begging this to be a scandalous discovery."

What a joke. You're just trying to stir up trouble. :rolleyes:

This thread is about the drink packages and not your opinion. No one asked for it and no one is interested in it. Grow up and quit calling people names.

I was considering our drink package for coffee drinks (spiked and Starbucks!) and frozen drinks. I'm really interested in what folks can report on the new packages and what they include. I don't see much room in that language for coffee drinks to be included!

I was considering our drink package for coffee drinks (spiked and Starbucks!) and frozen drinks. I'm really interested in what folks can report on the new packages and what they include. I don't see much room in that language for coffee drinks to be included!

The Replenish and Ultimate packages still include specialty coffee drinks. However, if you also want alcoholic frozen drinks, you would need the Ultimate package.

The Replenish and Ultimate packages still include specialty coffee drinks. However, if you also want alcoholic frozen drinks, you would need the Ultimate package.

Looks like the frozen drinks and soda are showing up on the premium packages again through cruise planner:

"The Premium Beverage Package* is the ultimate in convenience and value. Pay one set price and enjoy nearly our entire selection of spirits, beers and wines, plus non-alcoholic beverages.

Your choices include premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and fountain soda with a free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup. Drink up - there's plenty to choose from!"

That makes me feel better.

But they didn't fix the comparison chart

Edited by sammee

But they mentioned Starbucks. I got the impression Starbucks wasn't included it was the specialty coffees from the restaurants. Am I wrong? I totally could be

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looks like the frozen drinks and soda are showing up on the premium packages again through cruise planner:

"The Premium Beverage Package* is the ultimate in convenience and value. Pay one set price and enjoy nearly our entire selection of spirits, beers and wines, plus non-alcoholic beverages.

Your choices include premium cocktails, frozen drinks, beers, wines by the glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, juices and fountain soda with a free Coca-Cola[emoji768] souvenir cup. Drink up - there's plenty to choose from!"

That makes me feel better.

But they didn't fix the comparison chart

But I don't see specialty coffee here?

But they mentioned Starbucks. I got the impression Starbucks wasn't included it was the specialty coffees from the restaurants. Am I wrong? I totally could be

None of Royal's beverage packages include beverages from the dedicated Starbuck's venues. However, the packages include specialty coffess from other venues such as Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-Tudes, and these venues may or may not use Starbuck's coffee beans.