Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

as i explained to you on the other thread, you are not "near" the concierge lounge by picking an aft balcony. The lounge is roughly midship and the aft cabins are, well, on the aft. Half a ship away. Once you make the trek all the way from your aft cabin to the elevators, where the concierge lounge is, it's really not extra effort to push the elevator button and go up to deck 14, where the diamond lounge is.

thanks!!!!

Can I say I am happy with the change? No. I reach D+ on my upcoming cruise but am booked in a GS anyway so I guess it won't affect me until I cruise in the future. But after seeing the number of people using both the Viking Crown lounge and the overflow in the Colony Club on our last cruise you knew something had to give. Still not sure this is the end of it. I am not loyal to Royal but up to now it has been by favored cruise line. But travel is opening your eyes to other parts of the world, meeting new people from all over the world and trying new things. This can be done on Royal or any other cruise line. These changes just level the playing field for me. Never had a bad cruise on any line. It is what it is and any day at sea is better than a day sitting home.

Dave

Some days at home are better than others. [emoji6]

95862f820581ad45980adba3d76f18bc.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Some days at home are better than others. [emoji6]

95862f820581ad45980adba3d76f18bc.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tried to attach a photo of my front yard under 5 feet of snow to dispute your claim but I am not tech savvy enough. That is a beautiful picture you posted. We are in the early stages of looking for property in Florida. Started in Vero Beach and worked south from there in January. A fall put my wife in the hospital in FLL for two weeks and she is still out of work recovering. Odd we leave the northeast and she has a slip and fall in Florida.

I have friends on EX right now as well.

ONE says that his D+ card still opens the CL door.

ONE says that D+ are no longer allowed in the CL.

So, as much confusing information is flowing as ever!

Not sure if I've been a source of confusion, or if I'll be the tie breaker, but here's my two cents. I am currently on Explorer. My cabin, #9318, is almost as close to the CL as you can get. This morning I walked into the CL and spoke to our concierge, Jorge Delgado. He said no changes will be made at this time and that he had not gotten any information on any forthcoming changes. The D+ ers have been allowed in the CL, all during this and the previous cruise. Our only differences in lounges has been due to the high number of C and A members, Diamond and above, on this TP voyage. There are overflow lounges in place for the cocktail hours.

Not sure if I've been a source of confusion, or if I'll be the tie breaker, but here's my two cents. I am currently on Explorer. My cabin, #9318, is almost as close to the CL as you can get. This morning I walked into the CL and spoke to our concierge, Jorge Delgado. He said no changes will be made at this time and that he had not gotten any information on any forthcoming changes. The D+ ers have been allowed in the CL, all during this and the previous cruise. Our only differences in lounges has been due to the high number of C and A members, Diamond and above, on this TP voyage. There are overflow lounges in place for the cocktail hours.

Thank you!

So now we have your clear evidence in addition to the pictures I received which clearly shows the sign on the door reads "CONCIERGE LOUNGE."

So again, in the words of Willie, it turns out to be "Much Ado About Nothing!"

Edited by yogimax

Would be great if someone (NOT ME) could keep track of any changes and keep adding to a list and re=posting, similar to the CD thread . That way we can see the :D "Enhancements" :D as they are rolled out

M

Great idea! Maybe someone will volunteer (not me) to do this. It would make a great sticky.

Edited by JimAOk1945

On your C&A login page, if you go to profile or reservation page there is a tab labeled "Messages". Has any of you ever received a message?

Dave

I've never received any messages. I check it once in awhile since I don't want to miss anything. When there is a change in my itinerary, I get an email informing me of the change.

Edited by JimAOk1945

So far Diamond Plus still allowed in CL on the 4/30 sailing on the Anthem. It was not crowded tonight at all. Usually it is very crowded the first night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is another thread on these boards that mentions that the upgraded bathroom amenities have been discontinued. Not sure if it is rumor or fact.

M

I posted that here when we boarded jewel 3 days ago we are D + over 550 days and no upgraded amenities. Asked and was told by housekeeping that suites are not getting them either. Will report on that as we have an owners suite for the one following on Jewel 13 May.

After some reflection, I feel

I should apologize to John and Ray who expressed negative comments about my

description of suite life aboard Oasis of the Seas.

Suite life is not for everyone and the few perks provided are not worth the

additional cost of the eligible suites. Certainly, suites are not a requisite for

enjoyment of your cruise.

Addiction to the suite life is a very personal thing. In my case, I have recurrent prostate cancer with probably three years of additional life expectancy so I am going to enjoy the suites. I fly business class when it is available. I like the lounges at the airports. I stay on the Concierge or Club floors at hotels. I am leasing a penthouse on one of Florida's beautiful beaches. I bought a Cadillac which will last me the rest of days.....and I seriously considering resuming my enjoyment of Cuban cigars.

In short, it may be rubbish to you guys but I am going to enjoy it as long as

I have the wherewithal to do so.

After some reflection, I feel

I should apologize to John and Ray who expressed negative comments about my

description of suite life aboard Oasis of the Seas.

Suite life is not for everyone and the few perks provided are not worth the

additional cost of the eligible suites. Certainly, suites are not a requisite for

enjoyment of your cruise.

Addiction to the suite life is a very personal thing. In my case, I have recurrent prostate cancer with probably three years of additional life expectancy so I am going to enjoy the suites. I fly business class when it is available. I like the lounges at the airports. I stay on the Concierge or Club floors at hotels. I am leasing a penthouse on one of Florida's beautiful beaches. I bought a Cadillac which will last me the rest of days.....and I seriously considering resuming my enjoyment of Cuban cigars.

In short, it may be rubbish to you guys but I am going to enjoy it as long as

I have the wherewithal to do so.

Apology accepted, I guess. FWIW, Ray and I are just a couple of Central FL cruise fans who may or may not fit your stereotypes of Port Canaveral cruisers. Personally, I don't think I do, but that's just my opinion.

Safe travels, and welcome back

So far Diamond Plus still allowed in CL on the 4/30 sailing on the Anthem. It was not crowded tonight at all. Usually it is very crowded the first night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Allure already has a separate Suite Lounge and Diamond Lounge. THAT is where D+ go on the Allure - Deck 11. The Diamond Club/Lounge.

We, on the Explorer, have already enjoyed our May 1st. It's dinner and drinks time....6:45pm. All is well. No doomsday, but also no VOOMsday. See what I did there? ;)

Yes I did. Very good :D

We, on the Explorer, have already enjoyed our May 1st. It's dinner and drinks time....6:45pm. All is well. No doomsday, but also no VOOMsday. See what I did there? ;)

:D:D:D Best one of the day... even this early in FL.

Yes, I woke this morning, checked on my November 19th TA sailing and saw it is still there, grabbed a cup of coffee and noticed the temperature was 41 degrees and heavy rain on the way. ALMOST everything is good in my world.

Dave

I hope it was "all rumor" but you can't discount the info yet. Until folks start boarding ships today and tomorrow, etc to see what will happen. While RC certainly "could" have changed things for sailings in a different date zone or that boarded yesterday....I think the true "conclusion" will be with what happens on sailings starting today.

Also, we all know RC is famous for extensions! So OP info could still be true but RC may have changed the effective date to 6/1, 7/1, etc!

Edited by skiiergirl