Royal Suite Class program - Roll Out Date?

I'm not too familiar with the history of this new program, but see on their current WEBSITE :

Sailings Beginning May 2016

Has this always been the target date and does anyone know when in May these sailings begin? We just yesterday booked the Allure for May 29 (2016), so feel fairly confident that we should be able to enjoy these new perks if, indeed, "May" is the roll out.

Can't wait to try out the "In-Suite Hand Crafted Cocktail Service" :)

Tom

I'm not too familiar with the history of this new program, but see on their current WEBSITE :

Has this always been the target date and does anyone know when in May these sailings begin? We just yesterday booked the Allure for May 29 (2016), so feel fairly confident that we should be able to enjoy these new perks if, indeed, "May" is the roll out.

Tom

Nothing further has been published since the initial press release on August 11, 2015.

Edited by cruisenfever

Tom

May 1st has been the target date for sometime. In my flyers for my clients that i got directly from RCI, they also say May 1st is the rollout.

But RCI announced that the would begin a trial on the Ovation's April sailings

http://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/royal-caribbean-adds-new-three-night-ovation-of-the-seas-itinerary/

Stuart Leven, ‎Managing Director, Royal Caribbean International, UK & Ireland said: “With three short sailings departing from Southampton, British holidaymakers have the very first chance to travel on-board the brand new Ovation of the Seas this spring. Whether it’s having a cocktail mixed by your very own Royal Genie in our Royal Suite Class or taking in the spectacular views from the North Star, Ovation of the Seas is perfect for first timers wanting to enjoy the adventure playground of incredible experiences available right from their doorstep.’”

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/646385/Skydiving-bumper-cars-circus-Royal-Caribbean-cruise

But its new Royal Suite Class will give the opportunity to combine these big-ship facilities with small-ship all-inclusive luxury.

The complimentary Royal Genie butler service will be available 24/7 with other all-inclusive benefits including a private sundeck and complimentary access to the luxury Vitality Spa as well as exclusive access to the California-chic Coastal Kitchen restaurant.

hope that helps!

Thanks all :)

I did notice on the website that the link to view the brochure is broken (Publication Not Found). I'm guessing that worked initially.

Tom

Tom I wish started today. We have a B2B in March and we would have been in a Star Class Suite. We will have to wait for March of next year to be in the same cabin again to experience the butler.

Try this link as it works. https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

Tom I wish started today. We have a B2B in March and we would have been in a Star Class Suite. We will have to wait for March of next year to be in the same cabin again to experience the butler.

Try this link as it works. https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass

That link works, but if you click on "View Brochure" on that page, you get the Publication Not Found error.

Given that Star Class includes specialty dining, I'm curious as to how they're going to handle that. When I go online now (for our 5/29/16 Allure sailing) to make reservations, the only way to do that is by paying upfront.

Perhaps that's something that I'll need to wait for the Concierge/Genie to contact me about - but by then, perhaps the dates/times won't be as open.

I suppose I could pay now, and just get an OBC or refund...

What about entertainment reservations - since there's a set aside area for suite guests, is that essentially an open reservation, or do I still need to make the reservation?

THANKS,

Tom

Given that Star Class includes specialty dining, I'm curious as to how they're going to handle that. When I go online now (for our 5/29/16 Allure sailing) to make reservations, the only way to do that is by paying upfront.

Perhaps that's something that I'll need to wait for the Concierge/Genie to contact me about - but by then, perhaps the dates/times won't be as open.

What about entertainment reservations - since there's a set aside area for suite guests, is that essentially an open reservation, or do I still need to make the reservation?

THANKS,

Tom

I would make reservations for the Comedy show, but the others you can walk in to the venues with your gold card.

THANKS,

Tom

We're booked in a Sky Loft on the Anthem this coming October. Was told by RCCL when we booked not to be concerned with reserving 'anything' in advance, that it would all be taken care of by your Royal Genie personal assistant. Sounds too good to be true, but hope to be pleasantly surprised in 7 months...

THANKS,

Tom

Tom, dont worry about bookings at all - The concierge (cruise genie) will contact you one - two weeks prior to your cruise, to sort out your schedule. They will reserve everything for you. The same goes for show reservations, they'll help book you if you want different seating than the "VIP" section.

Michelle

Tom, dont worry about bookings at all - The concierge (cruise genie) will contact you one - two weeks prior to your cruise, to sort out your schedule. They will reserve everything for you. The same goes for show reservations, they'll help book you if you want different seating than the "VIP" section.

Michelle

That sounds like an awesome service, I hope they do that for the Ovation cruises around Australia and NZ as well.

Sounds exciting. We have Star class on Anthem in July and Allure in April 2017. Can't wait for the hand crafted in suite cocktails!

We have a star class suite on Harmony April 2017. I'm also very interested in what the hand crafted in-suite cocktails are and how that will work. Do we just call the royal genie every time we need a cocktail? Or is it more for parties?

I also saw the minibar is complimentary, I'm hoping for an expanded selection.

I'm amazed at how far out star class suites are sold out. When I booked in sept they were all sold out for my sailing on the Harmony, more than 18 months out. I got put on a waiting list for the sky loft, but they never called me. I watched the website every day and it finally became available, so I jumped on it. I'm looking forward to the reports when this starts.

We have a star class suite on Harmony April 2017. I'm also very interested in what the hand crafted in-suite cocktails are and how that will work. Do we just call the royal genie every time we need a cocktail? Or is it more for parties?

I also saw the minibar is complimentary, I'm hoping for an expanded selection.

I'm amazed at how far out star class suites are sold out. When I booked in sept they were all sold out for my sailing on the Harmony, more than 18 months out. I got put on a waiting list for the sky loft, but they never called me. I watched the website every day and it finally became available, so I jumped on it. I'm looking forward to the reports when this starts.

Nice variety of future cruises in your signature. I'm currently booked on the Vista as well (for 3/17), but it's highly likely I'll cancel that one. I grabbed one of their best suites (GS), but more and more find it difficult to justify spending $ with them given what they give you in return. I understand John Heald is due to announce some changes to the suite perks (that wouldn't take much!) in the near future, though I'm not holding my breath.

Tom

Nice variety of future cruises in your signature. I'm currently booked on the Vista as well (for 3/17), but it's highly likely I'll cancel that one. I grabbed one of their best suites (GS), but more and more find it difficult to justify spending $ with them given what they give you in return. I understand John Heald is due to announce some changes to the suite perks (that wouldn't take much!) in the near future, though I'm not holding my breath./QUOTE]

Thanks! We like to jump around the different lines and try different things. As a result we'll probably never hit platinum/diamond on any of the lines. :D

I completely agree on the Carnival suites. We've done a GS on carnival before, but that was mainly because that class of ship didn't have balcony cabins and the JS balcony was too tiny. Other than that there isn't much reason to get a suite on Carnival. You can get priority embark/debark with FTTF for $60. Hopefully Carnival does up their suite offering at some point, we tend to book suites on lines where we get the extras.

I can't tell you how much anticipation I have for hearing experiences with the Star Class suites. I was pretty excited when I got it booked.

Ricardo the CL concierge on Anthem said the information they have been given is that all the designated ships will have the new program starting first week of May.

Good to know. Thanks Matt !

Tom