Puerto Vallarta nightlife

RNMermaid22

Our carnival cruise is to dock overnight in Puerto Vallarta. We are doing the ATV excursion the first afternoon and then Las Caletas excursion the next morning.

Has anyone had dinner in Puerto Vallarta? Is it safe to get off the ship at night? Is there any nightlife within walking distance of port that is worth checking out?

Our carnival cruise is to dock overnight in Puerto Vallarta. We are doing the ATV excursion the first afternoon and then Las Caletas excursion the next morning.

Has anyone had dinner in Puerto Vallarta? Is it safe to get off the ship at night? Is there any nightlife within walking distance of port that is worth checking out?

No nightlife near the cruise terminal. Best is to go to old town, Olas Altas, Basillio Badillo streets with lots of restaurants and bars.

Yes it is safe as in any other place. Donot walk quiet streets, donot flash with money, jewels etc.

Not too far from the Marina is the nightbar La Santa, opposite the Peninsula Condos.

We (ages 50ish & 70ish) have been there overnight a few times and never felt unsafe.

We like to go to Pancho's Takos in old town that is only open for dinner. It is street food and cheap. There is always a line. Find the guy with the reservation book. Last time we went there, it was about a 20 minute wait, but worth it. El Mole de Jovita is also good. It is a little more expensive than Pancho's.They have 3 different moles. You can taste them before ordering. Both are on Basillo Badillo, near Pino Suarez.

Then we walk back along the malecon where there are a lot of people walking around. Sometimes there are buskers by the arches statue. Near the arches, there are pop up restaurants. There are Yurimany selling corn, a crepe guy, agua frescas and a few selling hot dogs.

I like to look at google maps, both overhead and street view to get idea of the area.

We then catch a cab ($6-$8) to WalMart. At 10pm, it was crowded with local families and ship's crew. We walked back to the ship around 11pm with no problem.

Edited by Rosefloater

Pancho's Takos is very good. Crowded but good.

The whole street, Basilo Badillo is practically nothing but restaurants. We also like Mole' de Jovita. There's a fajita restaurant that looks good.

From this street you walk north to the Malecon. Lots of people walking about. Near the nightclubs are food booths set up along the sea wall. The last one has about 8 different Aqua Frescas.

Walmart is open 24/7. Sometimes it's cheaper to have the taxi drop you off at Walmart than at port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

Thanks for all your answers! We are a young couple (26, 31) so we normally wouldnt hesitate to go out but we will have my parents, my younger brother and our 5 y/o son so thats why we were a little hesitant.

Will definetly check out Pancho's Takos!

Thanks again!

Thanks for all your answers! We are a young couple (26, 31) so we normally wouldnt hesitate to go out but we will have my parents, my younger brother and our 5 y/o son so thats why we were a little hesitant.

Will definetly check out Pancho's Takos!

Thanks again!

Saw many kids on the malecon at night.

The Rythms of the Night show at Las Caletas is fantastic. Island is lit by thousands of candles and flaming torches and the show is spectacular. Buffet after was very tasty.

I'm not a beach person but I'm going back for the day on my next trip.