If you miss the way RCI used to be, MSC may be for you

I just got home from an excellent week on the MSC Divina and will be doing a review in that section, but all week I couldn't help but have the feeling they run things a bit like RCI used to run "back in the day" before the ships became amusement and gimmick heavy. No preplanning or show booking required. Few specialty restaurants. Absolutely fanatical cleaning and maintenance. Friendly and abundant service.

Sure there were differences, some better, some not, but based on the amount of Royal Caribbean logo wear seen on guests on the Divina I think the secret is getting out...

I'll be very interested in your review. MSC has some fantastic ships coming out and their prices (so far) are better that Royal's. Plus, they give the loyalty matching, which is very nice.

I just got home from an excellent week on the MSC Divina and will be doing a review in that section, but all week I couldn't help but have the feeling they run things a bit like RCI used to run "back in the day" before the ships became amusement and gimmick heavy. No preplanning or show booking required. Few specialty restaurants. Absolutely fanatical cleaning and maintenance. Friendly and abundant service.

Sure there were differences, some better, some not, but based on the amount of Royal Caribbean logo wear seen on guests on the Divina I think the secret is getting out...

Did you do the loyalty match and what did you think of the perks?

I'll be very interested in your review. MSC has some fantastic ships coming out and their prices (so far) are better that Royal's. Plus, they give the loyalty matching, which is very nice.

Hi Bob

What is the loyalty matching about?

Did you do the loyalty match and what did you think of the perks?

Yes i did the loyalty match. Diamond got me their black card. The perks were very nice.

Repriced cruise at 5% off.

After we went through security they put us at front of check in line w no wait at all.

Robes and slippers were waiting in room for us

Bottle of Prosecco and plate of chocolate strawberries

A black card cocktail party that we missed taking a nap and they sent a second bottle of champagne and strawberries for that. We did not get the free photo BC we weren't there.

A second members party later in week w more champagne

Two specialty dinners for two (we only used one)

Two string back canvas backpacks

A huge chocolate model ship

Addtl 2 hours in room for late check-out (did not need)

Two one hour passes to spa thermal area

Plus we received two onboard coupon books and many of the discounts are staggered w black card getting highest discount. They also offered a free embarkation photo but we blew past those guys too.

I enjoyed the perks! Smart marketing

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

Edited by LMaxwell

I sailed on MSC Poesia two years in a row in the Caribbean and loved it. The ship was beautiful. There was a musical trio with a harp onboard that was fabulous. I thought everything was very Italian and classy. I did both the Western and Eastern itinerary on Poesia; partially because the price was so good. When I was planning my Mediterranean cruise, I again looked at MSC and actually booked but I cancelled because the length of time in port did not allow for a full day excursion. So, I went on Liberty of the Seas and absolutely loved it.

Next month I'm off again in the Mediterranean, this time on Jewel of the Seas. Can't wait!!

Yes i did the loyalty match. Diamond got me their black card. The perks were very nice.

Repriced cruise at 5% off.

After we went through security they put us at front of check in line w no wait at all.

Robes and slippers were waiting in room for us

Bottle of Prosecco and plate of chocolate strawberries

A black card cocktail party that we missed taking a nap and they sent a second bottle of champagne and strawberries for that. We did not get the free photo BC we weren't there.

A second members party later in week w more champagne

Two specialty dinners for two (we only used one)

Two string back canvas backpacks

A huge chocolate model ship

Addtl 2 hours in room for late check-out (did not need)

Two one hour passes to spa thermal area

Plus we received two onboard coupon books and many of the discounts are staggered w black card getting highest discount. They also offered a free embarkation photo but we blew past those guys too.

I enjoyed the perks! Smart marketing

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

Thanks LMaxwell. It's on the list and has jumped NCL for lines/ships to try.

I was in the Divina last year when they first started sailing out of Miami but I didnt like it that much , the ship is super nice and the food at the MDR is amazing compared to royal. But the workers didnt smile at all and we felt like there was no incentive for them to work. Long line during lunch and no so many alternative stations to go. I read that the only place they had shrimp or salmon was at the children station and it was true , the only section in which I saw those items.

Straws were no where to find at night at the buffet and most people were complaining about that. The show in my opinion is superior to royal. MSC price is excellent I might give it another try but for some reason my current reservation with royal is dropping the price every month now I rather stay with royal this year

Can anyone tell me how to get a membership card? As requested by the MSC Voyager Club sign up form. Or better yet, what do I use as proof I'm Diamond on RCL an Elite on Celebrity.

I called the C&A loyalty program and asked, and was told cards have not been issued since 2012.

The perks for the Black Card sound great, but I don't seem to be able to there from here.

I'll call their Voyager Club tomorrow and go from there.

Just venting, but I think that there is a question in this rant somewhere....

Mike

Edited by seaworthy1

Can anyone tell me how to get a membership card? As requested by the MSC Voyager Club sign up form. Or better yet, what do I use as proof I'm Diamond on RCL an Elite on Celebrity.

I called the C&A loyalty program and asked, and was told cards have not been issued since 2012.

The perks for the Black Card sound great, but I don't seem to be able to there from here.

I'll call their Voyager Club tomorrow and go from there.

Just venting, but I think that there is a question in this rant somewhere....

Mike

I'll get you headed in the right direction: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

I finished reading maureencruiser's review of her MSC cruise. If you go over to their thread, and search "maureencruiser" you will find her review. Unfortunately due to an illness/death in the family she didn't finish it, but there is some great information in there about the amenities etc. (including a drinks/upgraded food package). Her pics are fabulous.

Thanks, but I've been there. They ask you to fill out a request form, that asks for proof of membership in C&A or Captains Club or several other loyalty programs.

I maybe slow in getting it, but how do you prove membership?

STEP 3 - Current Loyalty Card Information

Company Name * Membership Status * Loyalty Program Name *

-

Attach a photo/copy of your current membership * Membership card number

Choose File

Expiration Date of the Card

-

-

-

This is part of form, attach photo copy of current membership and exp date of card....Huh?

Edited by seaworthy1

Thanks, but I've been there. They ask you to fill out a request form, that asks for proof of membership in C&A or Captains Club or several other loyalty programs.

I maybe slow in getting it, but how do you prove membership?

I just submitted my request for matching membership.... What I did was print out the page on Royal web site that shows my status (diamond)and cruise credits..then took a picture of it, and submitted that.... I do not know if it will work or not.. The message was they will review and notify me shortly.. I just did it about an hour ago, I really do not expect to hear back over the weekend, so I am thinking I will hear back in the beginning of the week. But really have no idea... I'll let you know what happens.