Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

On, or around, May 1, Royal Caribbean will announce and/or implement the changes in the Crown and Anchor program.

No more Welcome Back (repeaters) Party on any ship. The Trials with this, on two ships back in February (?), was considered a success. Top Tier will continue.

Meal with an Officer will be for D+ (340) only and Pinnacles will have a meal at the Captain's Table or Specialty Rest. with the Capt. or HD.

No change in Tiers or Points structure.

Some other benefits for D+ and Pinnacles that I could not get the precise details.

All ships were notified two days ago so that they could prepare for the changes.

Sorry, but I will not reveal my source. Believe it or not. I'm still trying to find additional details, but combine this info with that from CruisenGrandmom

on Liberty and I think the CL-->SL on all ships is imminent.

Edited by Tagsalong

Sorry, it's Cruising Grandma, and she said:

We have been told this week on Liberty that all ships in Royal Caribbean fleet will change over to a Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus and a Suite Lounge for Suites and Pinnacles. With over 400 D, D+ onboard, it's quite challenging to get a seat or drink in the DL.

I waited too long to edit my original post.

We have been told this week on Liberty that all ships in Royal Caribbean fleet will change over to a Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus and a Suite Lounge for Suites and Pinnacles. With over 400 D, D+ onboard, it's quite challenging to get a seat or drink in the DL.

OK, I take back what I said about people being pleased.

OK, I take back what I said about people being pleased.

It's not like we did not see that one coming;)

Actually I believe that the rumor mill had the Diamonds getting booted out

Edited by molly361

On, or around, May 1, Royal Caribbean will announce and/or implement the changes in the Crown and Anchor program.

No more Welcome Back (repeaters) Party on any ship. The Trials with this, on two ships back in February (?), was considered a success. Top Tier will continue.

Meal with an Officer will be for D+ (340) only and Pinnacles will have a meal at the Captain's Table or Specialty Rest. with the Capt. or HD.

No change in Tiers or Points structure.

Some other benefits for D+ and Pinnacles that I could not get the precise details.

All ships were notified two days ago so that they could prepare for the changes.

Sorry, but I will not reveal my source. Believe it or not. I'm still trying to find additional details, but combine this info with that from CruisenGrandmom

on Liberty and I think the CL-->SL on all ships is imminent.

And those ships that might have 20 or 30 (sometimes more)Pinnacles onboard?

That'll be one BIG table. :eek:

It's not like we did not see that one coming;)

Actually I believe that the rumor mill had the Diamonds getting booted out

Right, there were all kinds of rumors, but in my mind, the most persistent was that the Diamond Lounge becomes the D+/PC lounge and Diamonds are left with the drink vouchers. The change described above probably displeases fewer people.

Edited by clarea

In those cases. I've seen them do multiple seatings/tables/nights.

And how about the Harmony TA with over 130 Pinnacles already booked on her. Guess they'll have to charter a whole Specialty Restaurant one night.

As senior officers often say, "We have many challenges".

We were on the Freedom on 3/20 and no longer got any invite to a Welcome Back party, so it seems Freedom is one of the ships this is/was being tested on?

I personally always thought these were nice events with free drinks (and sometimes some canapés etc) along with the senior staff being introduced. I also think that in the membership benefits section on the C&A website the Welcome Back party is mentioned for everybody at least Gold.. so suddenly not having such party (without even mentioning it's being let go) is rather poor business practice.

edit: It seems the C&A website has been "fixed", i.e. the benefits are still there, but the crowns from the 3/30/55/... matrix have been removed from two rows:

rc-ca.jpg.3722e0cb7c88b492c5c7facfd2759136.jpg

Edited by kopelo

We were on the Freedom on 3/20 and no longer got any invite to a Welcome Back party, so it seems Freedom is one of the ships this is/was being tested on?

I personally always thought these were nice events with free drinks (and sometimes some canapés etc) along with the senior staff being introduced. I also think that in the membership benefits section on the C&A website the Welcome Back party is mentioned for everybody at least Gold.. so suddenly not having such party (without even mentioning it's being let go) is rather poor business practice.

edit: It seems the C&A website has been "fixed", i.e. the benefits are still there, but the crowns from the 3/30/55/... matrix have been removed from two rows:

Well, that's a shame. We're only Gold and we enjoyed the "welcome back" party. Too bad they've seen fit to reward even that level of loyalty with even less. Oh, well, we'll be platinum when we sail Harmony in 2017, so we'll make up for it then. We've had the "welcome back" party on every cruise we've been on so far.

Edited by shutterbug63

I never did see that "Meet the Stars" thing offered on more than one cruise.

It was offered on the Oasis and Allure…but if I recall correctly it was for anyone who wanted to attend. It was always excellent. Hopefully they will continue it as an "open" event.

by that same token, suite pax who are NOT diamond are also finding it damn near impossible to get a seat in the CL. at least D+ have a fall back if the CL is packed. but Suite pax have no such luxury nor do they get the three drink vouchers nightly(unless of course they are D/+ in their own right)

SOMETHING has to be done to alleviate the overcrowding in BOTH lounges.

I have said it many times before: give the D+ the lounge exclusively and let Ds get their drinks via voucher., I'll even be nice and give them one free specialty coffee per day to forestall the inevitable b!tching about the loss of the coffee machine access.

If they make the Diamond Lounge "D+ and Pinnacle Only" then I think there will be a lot of angry cruisers.

Especially people like me who will just make Diamond only to have it snatched away immediately thereafter.

The drink vouchers are nice but we don't drink really, the perk it more about the people you meet in the lounge and the snacks in there. If they remove it ill be cancelling a lot of cruises I am in JS only in.

Interesting change, we are D+ and like to hang out in whichever is the lounge with the nicer views, we are on Anthem in two weeks and were looking forward to being in the CL with the nice aft views, if it's back to just once lounge (as we won't make pinnacle) then there is not a big difference or any real incentive for Diamonds to progress. Interested to see what the new perks (if any) for D+ will be.

So, what can I expect on a med cruise next month on Rhapsody if I'm Diamond and in a GS?

If you are Diamond and in a GS, it sounds like you will have your choice of either lounge.

I gotta laugh, if this is true it will be the second time I have been kicked out of the CL. Once as Diamond and now as Diamond + ....

One interesting question from this if the welcome back party is going I wonder if the Top trier event will also be a casualty as well.

I could never tell the difference between Top Tier Party and Welcome Back Party. So this news does not effect me. I never really went to either. It always felt like a infomerical with booze.

And how about the Harmony TA with over 130 Pinnacles already booked on her. Guess they'll have to charter a whole Specialty Restaurant one night.

As senior officers often say, "We have many challenges".

They'll just take over the entire DR and force everyone else to the WJ. :cool: