Cozumel--Cenotes and Turtle Cove

CatLover67

Royal Caribbean Excursion: Cenotes and Turtle Cove Featuring National Geographic Snorkeler. Ferry ride from Cozumel to Main land took about 30 minutes; Met at ferry dock by our guide Ivan, short walk to van, small group of us, only 8. As we drove to snorkel at Turtle Cove, Ivan educated us on the area and what we would be seeing and doing. Saw sea turtles, a barracuda, stingrays, coral reef, etc. Wonderful. Ivan took pictures and e-mailed them to us, no charge. Before we got in van to head to Cenotes, we were given a bottle of water, a banana and cookies as a snack, so don't buy water on ship before you leave. On drive to Cenotes, Ivan one again told us about what we were going to see. Snorkeling at the Cenotes was beautiful. Our driver Roberto kept an eye on us and our things. After the Cenotes, once again offered water and snacks, headed back to town, where we fed lunch at WahWah as part of the excursion. Not a buffet as advertised. We then had about an hour to shop before we headed back to ferry. Would definitely do this excursion again, great value for the price

Hi! How far from the ferry to turtle cove? I thought we were going to the cenote first... Is it really dark in the cenote? I'm afraid of bats, will i'll see alot? If so, do they stay on top or do they fly all over the place? Thanks!

Thanks for the review of this excursion. I plan on doing this with Carnival in a week. I'm so excited. It sounds like it was a lot of fun. I hope we get time to do a little shopping. Our tour says no shopping, but I guess I will find out soon.

• 3 weeks later...

The description says "The tour involves constant effort and recurring physical movement (swimming) and walking medium distances over inclined, uneven surfaces and climbing stairs." Exactly how strenuous is this tour? I'm not exactly in shape, but the rest of my group wants to do this.

The description says "The tour involves constant effort and recurring physical movement (swimming) and walking medium distances over inclined, uneven surfaces and climbing stairs." Exactly how strenuous is this tour? I'm not exactly in shape, but the rest of my group wants to do this.

It's not that strenuous. You have to walk a little to the cenote but it's not very far. The snorkeling is very easy and you don't really go very far. I snorkeled the day before in the Caymans and this tour was a piece of cake compared to that one. There are stairs you climb up and down at the cenote. And you have to walk on the beach in your fins at turtle cove. It's a long travel day but I loved it. We just got back home.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this tour with Carnival turtle cove and cenotes. It was wonderful. Saw lots of turtles and caves were beautiful. Mau was our tour guide and he helped my 74 yr old mom took great care of her. She doesn't swim but loved the tour. You don't have to be in great shape.

• 9 months later...

I have a question about how strict the weight limit for this excursion is enforced. On the Royal Caribbean site it says there is a max weight limit of 250lbs, but on the Carnival site there isn't a weight limit listed. I am currently at 300lbs but I am very active and a strong swimmer so I know I won't have any issue keeping up on this excursion. I just don't want to pay for the excursion and get there and then be turned away and lose my money. Thanks in advance!

I have a question about how strict the weight limit for this excursion is enforced. On the Royal Caribbean site it says there is a max weight limit of 250lbs, but on the Carnival site there isn't a weight limit listed. I am currently at 300lbs but I am very active and a strong swimmer so I know I won't have any issue keeping up on this excursion. I just don't want to pay for the excursion and get there and then be turned away and lose my money. Thanks in advance!

They didn't weigh us when we went or ask us what we weighed. We did it through Carnival. I don't really see why weight would be a factor for this excursion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
Royal Caribbean Excursion: Cenotes and Turtle Cove Featuring National Geographic Snorkeler. Ferry ride from Cozumel to Main land took about 30 minutes; Met at ferry dock by our guide Ivan, short walk to van, small group of us, only 8. As we drove to snorkel at Turtle Cove, Ivan educated us on the area and what we would be seeing and doing. Saw sea turtles, a barracuda, stingrays, coral reef, etc. Wonderful. Ivan took pictures and e-mailed them to us, no charge. Before we got in van to head to Cenotes, we were given a bottle of water, a banana and cookies as a snack, so don't buy water on ship before you leave. On drive to Cenotes, Ivan one again told us about what we were going to see. Snorkeling at the Cenotes was beautiful. Our driver Roberto kept an eye on us and our things. After the Cenotes, once again offered water and snacks, headed back to town, where we fed lunch at WahWah as part of the excursion. Not a buffet as advertised. We then had about an hour to shop before we headed back to ferry. Would definitely do this excursion again, great value for the price

We're cruising on Crnival Dream out of New Orleans in November and interested in doing this excursion on our Cozumel port of call. Did you book through Royal Caribbean or a private tour company.

Thanks,

Steve