C&A points question

Do you have any cruises from before January 2011 when they changed the point system from cruise points to cruise nights?

Based on the point difference, you probably had one cruise prior to the switch and when the conversion occurred it went from 1 point to 8 (7 point difference), but the history shows only 1 point for that cruise.

At least that's how the history page looks for us on our 2005 Explorer cruise.

Do you have any cruises from before January 2011 when they changed the point system from cruise points to cruise nights?

Based on the point difference, you probably had one cruise prior to the switch and when the conversion occurred it went from 1 point to 8 (7 point difference), but the history shows only 1 point for that cruise.

At least that's how the history page looks for us on our 2005 Explorer cruise.

That is the only explanation I came up with, but I thought the cruises prior to 2011 didn't qualify for the additional points. Unless RCI have changed the system as part of the enhancements. In which case I won't complain as I will be 10 points from Diamond after the April 18 cruise has been factored in.

There was a conversion formula that multiplied points by 7 and then added a fudge factor based on number of cruises you had sailed.

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

So accordinv to my C&A profile, I have 46 points, but my cruise history comes up as 39. The cruise I have just completed is 12 days and won't appear for a short while. I am confused. Does anyone have any ideas before I call the C&A dept to query it.

I am looking at your signature. Were any of those cruises in a JS or higher?

I am looking at your signature. Were any of those cruises in a JS or higher?

One of them was, but that has already been accounted for. The points shown on the cruise history doesn't match the points total. I will screenshot what I see later on. I have only just landed back on home soil.

So accordinv to my C&A profile, I have 46 points, but my cruise history comes up as 39. The cruise I have just completed is 12 days and won't appear for a short while. I am confused. Does anyone have any ideas before I call the C&A dept to query it.

If you sailed solo during or after Oct. 2013 you would have received 2 pts per night and that would account for the additional 7 points in your C&A profile.

Edited by MaritimeR&R

One of them was, but that has already been accounted for. The points shown on the cruise history doesn't match the points total. I will screenshot what I see later on. I have only just landed back on home soil.

I'd just take the extra points and not call them. Every once in a while, they make an error in our favor.

I'd just take the extra points and not call them. Every once in a while, they make an error in our favor.
WHAT? Are you saying that RCI's IT department is not perfect?:eek:

I know someone (who shall remain nameless) who got sixty-three (63) unearned points in the 2011 conversion process. I understand what happened, but am kind enough to not confront them with their error.:rolleyes:

Thom

I have attached the screenshot of what I am seeing. As you can see, the points don't add up to 46. From what I can recall from when the points system had changed, anything before Jan 2011 remained unchanged. I don't have a problem with that at all. The only issue I have is with the discrepancy between the the points total and the individual points that are displayed.

RCI.jpg.2fa47622308fda2473145cf62b4580dd.jpg

Edited by novicetraveller

I have attached the screenshot of what I am seeing. As you can see, the points don't add up to 46. From what I can recall from when the points system had changed, anything before Jan 2011 remained unchanged. I don't have a problem with that at all. The only issue I have is with the discrepancy between the the points total and the individual points that are displayed.

Unfortunately, I can't read the attachment.

Is it possible you are linked with someone (spouse, so) that has more points than you?

It's hard to read but the cruise dated 10-24-2009 is showing 1 point.

In the 2011 point conversion, it became 8 points, but the history will still show 1 point (they didn't update that.

So your 46 point total is actually the correct number.

In reverse order it's showing:

1 <- this is a cruise credit for the 2009 Liberty cruise... actual conversion value is 8 cruise points

I stand by my initial response regarding conversions of pre 2011 cruise credits. I think we can move on.

Edited by nolesrule

It Looks all correct to me (that´s if I read the screenshot correctly - a bit hard to read).

There is 10 Points for Oasis, 14 Points for Allure, 7 Points ofr Allure, 7 Points for Allure and 1 Point for Liberty.

The 1 Point from Allure is recalculated for the total to 8 Points per the conversion table posted above.

So it´s 8+7+7+14+10 = 46.

My history looks the same. We have 82 points, but if you add everything up it looks like only 75.

When I booked our second cruise, C&A showed us as Gold with 8 points, but the cruise history showed the 1 point.

cruisepoints.PNG

Nope. I have no linked accounts. I hope the embedded link works.

Now that I can read it, I see that others have already given the correct explanation for how the "1" cruise credit was converted to 8 points in Jan 2011.

Prior to January 21,2011, that "1" cruise point for 23-Jan-2005 was actually 1 cruise credit. When converted it became 8 points (7 points for your 7 night cruise and then 1 bonus point when they made the conversion).

Yeah, I know how it works. I was trying to explain/show to the OP. :)

Thanks everyone. It seems I forgot the detail about adding the 7 days to the 1 point cruise. At least I am now 10 points from Diamond, once the system has been updated with my recent cruise.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't given something I wasn't entitled to have.