Island Princess drydock 4/2015

KruzPrincess

My bet is that they will not include it. I would prefer to believe Princess's own website to any other source, even the dry dock. On the other hand maybe they will turn the Patisserie into an IC? That could work.

Its been added to the Coral so I would hope it will be added on the Island.

I can't see why not. Who knows. :(

If you notice now on Princess deck plans there are two sets of plans one for this post drydock and another next year. I believe other enhancements or even the IC might happen then. Since this drydock is so labor intensive in the stern I doubt they have time for anything else. I'm even worried they won't finish this one in time. If I was on the next cruise I would be sweating bulets.

And neither set shows an IC.

Seems like a simple addition to an already heavy upgrade or downgrade depending on how you look at it. If Princess does indeed value CC input, this is something that can take a little sting out of loyal passenger concerns! Either way I booked my Med June cruise solely on itinerary alone, of course it doesn't hurt getting the complete wrap around Penthouse suite on Lido.

Edited by Kineticoh20

If you notice now on Princess deck plans there are two sets of plans one for this post drydock and another next year. I believe other enhancements or even the IC might happen then. Since this drydock is so labor intensive in the stern I doubt they have time for anything else. I'm even worried they won't finish this one in time. If I was on the next cruise I would be sweating bulets.

As much as many of us would love to see a IC thrown in at the last minute I'm guessing the plans were drawn up many moons ago. Don't think they add to the plans as they go along.

As much as many of us would love to see a IC thrown in at the last minute I'm guessing the plans were drawn up many moons ago. Don't think they add to the plans as they go along.
Fincantieri is doing the modifications and they have stated that an IC will be added. Who do you choose to believe? The Princess deck plans or the firm doing the actual work. It is critical that the new cabins are shown on the deck plans to allow booking of cabins, but not so important for public areas. Prior to the Sapphire's major drydock which added the IC, Vines and Alfredo's along with other changes, the Cruise Atlas deck plans showed other changes that were not made. I hope Fincantieri is right as we need to get something positive out of this drydock [emoji33]

Fincantieri is doing the modifications and they have stated that an IC will be added. Who do you choose to believe? The Princess deck plans or the firm doing the actual work. It is critical that the new cabins are shown on the deck plans to allow booking of cabins, but not so important for public areas. Prior to the Sapphire's major drydock which added the IC, Vines and Alfredo's along with other changes, the Cruise Atlas deck plans showed other changes that were not made. I hope Fincantieri is right as we need to get something positive out of this drydock [emoji33]

Sure hope you are right. :)

I just looked at the Bridge Camera for the Island and it shows Trieste Italy and it's night time but it's scheduled for an costal cruise from LA to Vancouver on May 8th so whenever it leaves from Italy it's going to be interesting how fast it can get to LA.

I was on the Island for a Panama Canal cruise September/October last year and we were told no IC so we'll see what happens.

Tom:)

I just looked at the Bridge Camera for the Island and it shows Trieste Italy and it's night time but it's scheduled for an costal cruise from LA to Vancouver on May 8th so whenever it leaves from Italy it's going to be interesting how fast it can get to LA.

I was on the Island for a Panama Canal cruise September/October last year and we were told no IC so we'll see what happens.

Tom:)

Hey Tom, The island is sailing May 22nd on a Grand Med cruise. You may have seen a 2016 schedule?

However those were changes which Princess had announced would be made and for some reason or other decided not to make.

How do you know they decided not to make them? Just based on a deck plan? We will have to wait and see.

How do you know they decided not to make them? Just based on a deck plan?

No, based on various threads at the time the announced changes to the Sapphire via Princess press release was issued in 2011.

o Elimination of the Wakeview Bar with the International Dining Room expanding into its area.

o Building a Crown Grill in part of the Savoy Dining Room and expanding the Vivaldi Dining Room into the rest of what had been the Savory Dining Room.

Why they decided not to make the changes is not known to us peons, but the fact they were supposed to be made was officially announced by Princess.

Edited by caribill

I found another photo of the Island - looks like the "turbines" have been removed (but they are just stylistic elements). Not sure if its permanent or what the point of removing them is - maybe to make the ship look more like the rest of the fleet?

Anyway, placed it on website https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule/islandprincessdrydock

I found another photo of the Island - looks like the "turbines" have been removed (but they are just stylistic elements). Not sure if its permanent or what the point of removing them is - maybe to make the ship look more like the rest of the fleet?

Less weight = a little less fuel used.

Anyway, placed it on website https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule/islandprincessdrydock

As mentioned with the photo they are decorative only.