Island Princess drydock 4/2015

KruzPrincess

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1985590

I'm starting a new thread because the heading of the other thread Iabove) may not bring attention to what's come out. It says that the Island Princess cruises in April 2015 have been cancelled for drydock. I see there's still a May 2015 Alaska sampler open for booking. Now I'm wondering if the Island is really going to Europe or if it will stay in Alaska. I understand they're reworking the schedules and that Alaska sampler could certainly change. I think it would be great to sail on the Island in Europe.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1985590

I'm starting a new thread because the heading of the other thread Iabove) may not bring attention to what's come out. It says that the Island Princess cruises in April 2015 have been cancelled for drydock. I see there's still a May 2015 Alaska sampler open for booking. Now I'm wondering if the Island is really going to Europe or if it will stay in Alaska. I understand they're reworking the schedules and that Alaska sampler could certainly change. I think it would be great to sail on the Island in Europe.

Looks like many cruises were cancelled. Three 15 day Paname Canal Full Transits(3/21, 4/5 and 4/20) were cancelled and one 3 day Pacific Costal(5/5). This would be a very long dry-dock.

Looks like many cruises were cancelled. Three 15 day Paname Canal Full Transits(3/21, 4/5 and 4/20) were cancelled and one 3 day Pacific Costal(5/5). This would be a very long dry-dock.

Yes, there's obviously more going on. That's why I'm wondering about redeployment to another area. The original thread says they were told there would be a drydock.

I see some of the Golden Princess 4/2015 cruises looks like they have been cancelled, too.

As we know, there's always changes before the new schedule comes out.

Edited by KruzPrincess

Yes, there's obviously more going on. That's why I'm wondering about redeployment to another area. The original thread says they were told there would be a drydock.

I see some of the Golden Princess 4/2015 cruises looks like they have been cancelled, too.

As we know, there's always changes before the new schedule comes out.

My guess is drydock followed by a redeployment to Europe due to the new restriction on ship sizes for Venice.

So if Coral and Island are going to Venice, what's the speculation on what ships will be sailing Alaska in 2015?

We were planning to do a Southbound cruise tour - and were so excited about experiencing a different ship, having only been on the Ruby and Crown. I've been waiting for the itineraries to open up so that we could be one of the first in line to get a cabin of our choice on either the Coral or Island. I've never really cared that much about the location of our cabin - but this is going to be a once in a lifetime trip for us.

With the Crown already there, do you think the Ruby will be heading there as well?

So if Coral and Island are going to Venice, what's the speculation on what ships will be sailing Alaska in 2015?

We were planning to do a Southbound cruise tour - and were so excited about experiencing a different ship, having only been on the Ruby and Crown. I've been waiting for the itineraries to open up so that we could be one of the first in line to get a cabin of our choice on either the Coral or Island. I've never really cared that much about the location of our cabin - but this is going to be a once in a lifetime trip for us.

With the Crown already there, do you think the Ruby will be heading there as well?

Princess has indicated that the Ruby will sail a south american itinerary in spring of 2015 which leads many to believe that she will be sailing Alaskan waters in the summer of 2015

With the Venice limitations & the Panama Canal expansion being completed by 2015 then these redeployments make more sense to me.

A previous thread discussed proposed drydock changes to the Island which are much more than what was done to the Coral. Some of the things that I recall were changing the Bayou Café to the Crown Grill & drastic changes to the International Lounge to improve site lines. They were also adding cabins in that area and adding an International Café & improvements to the Horizon Court.

Edited by Astro Flyer

With the Venice limitations & the Panama Canal expansion being completed by 2015 then these redeployments make more sense to me.

A previous thread discussed proposed drydock changes to the Island which are much more than what was done to the Coral. Some of the things that I recall were changing the Bayou Café to the Crown Grill & drastic changes to the International Lounge to improve site lines. They were also adding cabins in that area and adding an International Café & improvements to the Horizon Court.

With the cost overrun dispute with the Canal expansion, I wouldn't put much money on the new locks opening in 2015. Gatun locks on the Atlantic side might be open for partial transit cruises from FLL. Who knows at this time??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

With the cost overrun dispute with the Canal expansion, I wouldn't put much money on the new locks opening in 2015. Gatun locks on the Atlantic side might be open for partial transit cruises from FLL. Who knows at this time??

I agree but wonder if Princess is deploying based on the Canal's completion which wouldn't be my way to "assume".

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

This is an unofficial list.

The following list represents combined research from cruisecritic.com and is not intended to be 100% accurate nor all encompassing (UNOFFICIAL!). While drydock dates have been confirmed with vessel schedules, activities performed during these dates are purely speculative based on duration, available future deck plans, and logical upgrades.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

This is an unofficial list.

The following list represents combined research from cruisecritic.com and is not intended to be 100% accurate nor all encompassing (UNOFFICIAL!). While drydock dates have been confirmed with vessel schedules, activities performed during these dates are purely speculative based on duration, available future deck plans, and logical upgrades.

There is some good information on that site, but it hasn't been updated to reflect the most recent changes to the Island's schedule. Her drydock will now probably be in the Bahamas starting on March 21.

Her drydock will now probably be in the Bahamas starting on March 21.

You could be right. I see that the Island Princess has a 15 day "Panama Canal Experience" from LA to Ft. Lauderdale beginning March 6, 2015 and nothing after that until her 5 day Alaska Sampler round trip from Vancouver beginning May 8 that is still scheduled. Since Princess has cancelled her 18 day Panama Canal Grand Adventure from Ft. Lauderdale to LA beginning April 20, 2015 and also her 3 day Pacific Coastal from LA to Vancouver, I wonder how she's going to get to Vancouver in time for the Alaska Sampler.

There is some good information on that site, but it hasn't been updated to reflect the most recent changes to the Island's schedule. Her drydock will now probably be in the Bahamas starting on March 21.

I run the site, and until I find info about the updated port schedule for the island, I have very little that I can add. Based on what you said about the 21st, I've added info pertaining to that date. The Ruby will probably also have a drydock in 2015 either in the Bahamas or Victoria.

I run the site, and until I find info about the updated port schedule for the island, I have very little that I can add. Based on what you said about the 21st, I've added info pertaining to that date. The Ruby will probably also have a drydock in 2015 either in the Bahamas or Victoria.
Wasn't criticizing your site but just noting the apparent cruise cancellations had just occurred and there had not been time to update the site based on new information. I noticed that you have used the photos I posted on CC for cabins S702 and S704 on the Golden. Don't know if you were aware, but there are six similar cabins on the Grand on Lido deck. Photos of those cabins have recently been posted on CC by lindabaz.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1986415

Wasn't criticizing your site but just noting the apparent cruise cancellations had just occurred and there had not been time to update the site based on new information. I noticed that you have used the photos I posted on CC for cabins S702 and S704 on the Golden. Don't know if you were aware, but there are six similar cabins on the Grand on Lido deck. Photos of those cabins have recently been posted on CC by lindabaz.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1986415

Thanks, I wasn't taking it as a critique; feedback is always good provided its constructive, so thanks for that. I'll have to get those pics. I've been very busy with work lately and the site no longer allows me to place ads to generate a small amount of revenue to make it worth my time to dig up pictures and display them. It's unfortunate but true, spending an hour on the site working on things doesnt remotely equate to an hour of my normal job working extra on the weekends. At this point, I just try to keep the rumors and drydock schedule updated.

Thanks, I wasn't taking it as a critique; feedback is always good provided its constructive, so thanks for that. I'll have to get those pics. I've been very busy with work lately and the site no longer allows me to place ads to generate a small amount of revenue to make it worth my time to dig up pictures and display them. It's unfortunate but true, spending an hour on the site working on things doesnt remotely equate to an hour of my normal job working extra on the weekends. At this point, I just try to keep the rumors and drydock schedule updated.
Would you mind e-mailing me at IECalCruiser at 1694vsh dot com when you have a chance?

Was just checking the Funchal cruise port schedule and the Island is scheduled for a stop there on March, 29, 2015 which is just 8 days after her last cruise ends in FLL. If that is true, then it looks like any drydock will be in Europe.

That's interesting. I wonder where she'll go from there? I see that her May 8, 2015 Alaska Sampler has now been cancelled. (or at least it now has the same "Pricing is Not Currently Available" message.) I haven't heard from my TA about that one yet.