Coffee card?

MommyJamiex4

Yes, the coffee card is still sold and is honored next to the IC. There's another coffee bar, usually adjacent to the buffet which also sells the specialty coffees. You can use it there as well.

No, the BOGO for the card is long long gone. Sigh ...

Edited by beg3yrs

Yes they still have the coffee card. On the Royal you could also use it one place in Horizon Buffet area. Any punches not used can be used on another cruise.

Never heard of BOGO coffee cards. You just need one. They punch it each time it is used. Nice to have fresh brewed coffee instead of the awful syrup coffee everywhere else.

No more BOGO .... Long gone!

You can still buy the Coffee Card and use any punches you have left from cruises past. :)

If you happen to be buying the All Inclusive Beverage Sticker, you won't need to buy a Coffee Card. ;)

LuLu

At the International Café and some lounges:

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The “unlimited” brewed coffee does not carry over.

If you are accustomed to good quality coffee, you definitely will want a coffee card. The vile concoction in the Horizon Court (buffet) is often syrup based.

Not that syrup-based coffee is always a bad thing. My hometown source, http://www.javacoffee.com/, informs me there are different grades for syrup coffee, just as with ground coffee. Regardless of grade, the taste of syrup based is always going to be somewhat inferior to an equivalent grade of ground. Based on flavor, Princess must use the lowest grade (cheapest) available.

Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

No more BOGO .... Long gone!

You can still buy the Coffee Card and use any punches you have left from cruises past. :)

If you happen to be buying the All Inclusive Beverage Sticker, you won't need to buy a Coffee Card. ;)

LuLu

This may sound kinda dumb, but what does "BONGO" mean? I've seen it mentioned numerous times over the years but never could figure it out.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

This may sound kinda dumb, but what does "BONGO" mean? I've seen it mentioned numerous times over the years but never could figure it out.....

Bob

Not dumb at all. A BOGO is "Buy One Get One". Usually the "Get One" means free but sometimes the fine print says "Half Off". Then it's really a BOGOHO or BOHO for short.

The coffee on the Regal and Royal isn't the liquid stuff but made from coffee grounds just like at the IC. It was still to strong for my taste an not as good as the cappuccino but it was free even at the IC in the early mornings.

Royal Caribbean customer service told me the coffee card is also good for smoothies on the Island and for a discount on gelato.

They told me you get a free cruise on Princess with every ten coffee cards purchased. ;)

Edited by beg3yrs

Royal Caribbean customer service told me the coffee card is also good for smoothies on the Island and for a discount on gelato.

Given that both those statements are wrong, I'm guessing you were indeed told that by Royal Caribbean customer service. Not that Princess customer service hasn't been known to give out wrong answers.

The UKP Card covers soda + smoothies, but does not include coffee. Or gelato.

Coffee cards can only be used for specialty coffee drinks and brewed coffee/specialty teas. On the two new ships, of which the Island is not one, the card can also be used for gelato. There is no gelato on the Island (outside of whatever might appear from time-to-time, for free, on the dining room dessert menu).

Yes they still have the coffee card. On the Royal you could also use it one place in Horizon Buffet area. Any punches not used can be used on another cruise.

Never heard of BOGO coffee cards. You just need one. They punch it each time it is used. Nice to have fresh brewed coffee instead of the awful syrup coffee everywhere else.

No punches for brewed coffee only for specialty coffee's.

Theo

Honestly speaking the gelato on the Royal & Regal wasn't worth the punch since it wasn't any better than the ice cream served in the DR. :( They call it gelato but it can't compare to the real thing served elsewhere.

You can tell it's not that popular since almost every day most of it is usually left over at the end of the night.

Does everyone know that if you are elite you can turn your bar set up for two coffee cards?

long cruiser

I wasn't sure if you were asking a question, but yes they can. :D

We're collecting quite a bunch since they've started the program.

Yes, turn in your Elite bar set up and get two coffee cards. You need to call Room service and they do the change.I call as soon as I am on the ship for any changes needed, usually sodas for Diet Coke. Only change to coffee cards if we are doing a B2B,and have left over items from first week.

Edited by san diego sue

I bought a coffee card for our last cruise. Pretty much a waste, as I didn't use even a significant fraction of it. Cheaper to just have them put on my cruise card. (Even if you use all of them, the savings is small.)

But that's just us.... your mileage may vary.

Our mileage was much better since I utilize the specialty tea option almost constantly. If I'm not drinking it hot I have 2 cups cooling down in the room for my own ice tea and it beats the liquid stuff the serve on the ship. At the rate we're going we'll have a lifetime of coffee cards stockpiled very soon. My DH drinks the regular coffee (iced) & since they don't punch for it, one coffee card goes a long way.