Price Drop Oct Cruise

58Piano

Saw a price drop on an Oct cruise on the Emerald. Called them up and my price went down. I saved $200 whoopie!! Thanks Princess!

I just decided to check the prices on my upcoming cruise on the Emerald. Much to my surprise, it was on sale! I was able to get a Balcony for less than what we were paying for an OBV plus a $100 OBC. Its a non refundable deposit but who cares it was a great deal!!!!!

Which sailing on Emerald? I booked the October transatlantic some time ago but don't see any decrease. Would appreciate hearing more about this so I can make a call, thanks.

Edited by bigenna

Saw a price drop on an Oct cruise on the Emerald. Called them up and my price went down. I saved $200 whoopie!! Thanks Princess!

Our September cruise also went down by $220 a person. Happy to spend it on an excursion!

Interesting - I saw that the prices had dropped for my upcoming cruise June 21, so I called Princess and requested that I move up from what I've booked (obstructed view) to a Balcony, and I'd be happy to pay the difference (about $50 per person.) I was told I couldn't do this, would have to cancel and rebook, but they'd put me on the complimentary upgrade list. I wonder if I should call back and request a refund, or hope for the upgrade?

Interesting - I saw that the prices had dropped for my upcoming cruise June 21, so I called Princess and requested that I move up from what I've booked (obstructed view) to a Balcony, and I'd be happy to pay the difference (about $50 per person.) I was told I couldn't do this, would have to cancel and rebook, but they'd put me on the complimentary upgrade list. I wonder if I should call back and request a refund, or hope for the upgrade?

Before you decide to cancel and rebook, check to see what your cancellation penalty would be since you are only about 50 days out from sailing. If you have Princess insurance, that penalty will come back to you in the form of a future cruise credit, but it takes a few weeks to process so you won't be able to use it for this cruise if you don't want to wait to rebook.

You might also call back and see if a different Princess rep gives a different answer about moving you to a balcony. Some seem more knowledgeable about the ins-and-outs of refaring than others.

Let us know how it works out :).

Caribbean Princess Quebec City to Houston in October dropped by $500 per person plus $75 in OBC per person.

When did you get that reduction and what category was it? Thanks for any info. Did you have to cancel and rebook? I tried today but my princess agent was not there. She will contact me tomorrow.