Princess Excursions in Hawaii/Tahiti

Pop and Peppy

This is our first cruise with Princess (October 2015). We've always sailed with Holland America but the trip we wanted was available on a ship being sold immediately after the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise and there were many complaints about the ship. So we decided on Princess since we want a nice cruise for our 50th anniversary We want to make reservations for excursions. When I go to Personalizer, there is a list of ports in the itinerary and when I click on the port, nothing. I realize that the excursions may not be available yet but need to know if I'm going to the correct page to reserve what we want.

We want to do the Road to Hana in Maui and would really like any thoughts about that excursion. We have been to Hawaii and we did the usual touristy tours so we'll try new adventures. Any help would be appreciated, Peppy:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We will be sailing with you. Princess has not announced their shore excursions yet.

You may want to join the Roll Call for our cruise there are about 200 of us on it so far. We have a number of private tours planned as well as a variety of activities on board. You are welcome to join any or all.

I almost forgot to include the link to the Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031190

Edited by paul929207

This is our first cruise with Princess (October 2015). We've always sailed with Holland America but the trip we wanted was available on a ship being sold immediately after the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise and there were many complaints about the ship. So we decided on Princess since we want a nice cruise for our 50th anniversary We want to make reservations for excursions. When I go to Personalizer, there is a list of ports in the itinerary and when I click on the port, nothing. I realize that the excursions may not be available yet but need to know if I'm going to the correct page to reserve what we want.

We want to do the Road to Hana in Maui and would really like any thoughts about that excursion. We have been to Hawaii and we did the usual touristy tours so we'll try new adventures. Any help would be appreciated, Peppy:)

Excursions come out approx. 75-120 days out.

Was just in Tahiti last October on the 650 passenger Pacific Princess. Even with a ship that size the number of passengers overwhelm the excursion availability in Tahiti ports. It is one area where you need to plan will in advance and not count on just walk ups for excursions.

Especially on much larger ships.

Please keep in mind that In checking the Lahaina (Maui) harbor schedule, Princess usually arrives there at 7 a.m. and departs at 6 p.m. Going from Lahaina to Hana and back would be a bit of a press given that distance and time frame. Also remember that Lahaina is a tender port, so factor in waiting for the tender and then the ride itself each way.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

We took the Princess small group tour to Hana, van one way and helicopter the other. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you stop in Kauai, we recommend the Movies and Waterfalls tour. It takes you to most of the places you'd most want to see on the island.

We took the Princess small group tour to Hana, van one way and helicopter the other. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you stop in Kauai, we recommend the Movies and Waterfalls tour. It takes you to most of the places you'd most want to see on the island.

I recommend the Movies and Waterfalls tour too. There is a lot of beautiful scenery in Kauai and you see a lot of it.

Thank you all for the info. I like the idea of driving the Road to Hana and getting a helicopter back. Didn't see that on the brochure from Princess. Will continue to work on our excursions. Also, thank you for the information about Roll Call. Peppy:)